Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 01:36PM

Every now and then I post a comment on a story in the Salt Lake Tribune. My posts don't seem to last very long before they get deleted. Here's my latest post on today's Elizabeth Smart story. It lasted all of about 30 minutes:

"Golly, I wonder where Mitchell got the idea of taking plural wives? Where did he come up with this idea of taking child brides?

You can see what a terrible psychological effect an older man can have on a 14 year old girl. Even when confronted by a policeman, Elizabeth could not admit to being who she was. How is this so different from when Helen Mar Kimball, at age 14, was coerced by Joseph Smith into marrying him when he was 37, under threat of losing her and her family's eternal salvation?

And now Elizabeth is entrenched in the very religion that provided the seeds to this horrible event. Everything about all of this is truly sad.

The rotten fruit doesn't fall far from the tree."

Guess I hit to close to home.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 01:54PM

Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 04:02PM

You can go click on the "Like" button if you are so inclined:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51886265-78/mitchell-smart-court-federal.html.csp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 04:35PM by BYUAlumnuts.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 04:04PM

They talk about the fruits of Mormonism but they only want you to look at the good fruit - not the bruised, battered, spoiled fruits. Whether they like it or not, the LDS break off groups are a fruit of what Joseph Smith did. But once again, Mormons want recognition for the good they do and for us to overlook the bad stuff and pretend it didn't happen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.