Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wendy ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 10:56AM

Isn't it funny how no-mo's know so much more than Mo's know about their own history?

Take this for example; At my local college an ordained minister of a Christian faith told me how much they would tease her Grandfather in her younger days. Whenever Grandpa would start to dose off in his wheel chair, his head would fall into his hat and they would say "Getting your testimony again Gramps?" or they would ask, "Do you need some stones to go with your hat Gramps?"

Her favorite show is "Big Love" and when she found out that I used to be a "moron" she borrowed my T. clothes to show her sisters at home. They were admiring the outfit when their Dad caught view of them and said, "Get those Devil things out of my house!" After a few weeks she returned them to me. Good times, lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 12:22PM

lol

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 02:25PM

I would love to go trick or treating in full temple garb, someday...

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 03:01PM

Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: May 28, 2011 03:50PM

Oh, please do! That would be hilarious.

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 03:22PM

About 12 years ago, my sister was working with a guy (a Rastafarian no less) that knew a ton about Kolobian garbage. She was shocked. She said, 'How did he know about so much church stuff? It wasn't like the Internet was big then.' She was trying to say that nevermore didn't know anything about mo garbage before the Internet. I tried so hard to not laugh. LMAO

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 03:28PM

I can see why rastas would know a bit about kolobians.

They believe Ras tafari makonnen was the (225th?) in an unbroken chain of Ethiopian kings from Solomon and The Queen of Sheba, and his new name became Jaile Selassi I. (Authority)

They believe theirs is the original true religion. (One true religion)

They believe cannibus is the sacred sacrament and that it was the true incense burned in Solomon's temple. (Claims to temple knowledge and ordinances)

They're just really cool and laid back and don't prosyletize 'cause they don't generate revenue.

I'm sure they don't like that racist kolobians go door-to-door claiming that they have the original truth.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 04:38PM

I knew a bunch of stuff pre-internet that was supposed to be "sacred not secret" because someone had given us the Tanner's big thick book "Mormonism: Shadow or Reality?" I didn't know then that Jerald Tanner ran a microfilm business, so the weird style of the book was a bit off-putting, and I could understand why they were easily portrayed as nutballs printing anti-church lies since the book looked kind of sketchy.

Posted by: geewhizzikins ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 06:48PM

Posted by: carthagegrey ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 08:25PM

so true, the non-members on this forum, know more about church history than 90% of tbm's, like the funny post the other day from nevermo, trying to get a job as a mopologist with fairlds

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 28, 2011 12:17AM

Funny stuff. I just wish all nevermos knew the basics about the weird rituals, exclusion from temple weddings for all nevermos, and wearing the garmies, etc. Sadly I bet only ten percent know most of that stuff. That is why we need to share it with all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.