Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: piper ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 05:56PM

I would love to throw on temple clothes when I see Missionaries coming and answer the door with "What is wanted?" lol

The only problem is that I never got far enough in the cult to pick up a pair of 'em. Also, how long does it take to get them on? Would someone be able to throw them on quick enough to get to the door? Someone please try this sometime and return and report. Do you think Missionaries could run 100 meters in 10 seconds flat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 06:01PM

After they Missionaries either run or rebuke you, they'll report the incident and you'll be visited.

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 06:37PM

Visited by who, Danites? As is my customary response, " Your Honor, that is when I felt that I was in fear for my safety."

Posted by: LochNessie ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 06:02PM

While that would hilarious they would take a bit to get on. There's the apron, and the robe thingy and the bonnet that has to have the bow just right and I'm probably forgetting something since I was only brave enough to go through twice. I never bought my own, but my husband still has his whole set so I could wear the baker hat instead of the bonnet. Now that actually sounds a little fun.

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: May 28, 2011 08:43PM

LochNessie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While that would hilarious they would take a bit
> to get on. There's the apron, and the robe thingy
> and the bonnet that has to have the bow just right
> and I'm probably forgetting something since I was
> only brave enough to go through twice. I never
> bought my own, but my husband still has his whole
> set so I could wear the baker hat instead of the
> bonnet. Now that actually sounds a little fun.

You forgot the halo made from a coathanger, and the magic wand!!! Haahaha!

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 06:03PM

Gotta catch it on camera and post in on YouTube. Please. It would be so hilarious to see their faces.

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 06:18PM

To do it right and propper you would probably have to order a bible, BofM or video and request it be delivered by representitives. That way you could be somewhat prepared. When they knock a simple "please wait while I get decent" would probably keep them on the porch long enough to throw everything on.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 06:33PM

I would give anything to see that. Just do it like a quick change in the theater. Sew it all together into one piece and just put a big zipper up the front. I'm still laughing...

Posted by: hilary ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 11:19PM

Now that would be funny!!!

Posted by: saviorjoe ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 11:45PM

I'll give you my old set. I was actually thinking about using them for Halloween though. After going up to a door, they would just stare at me and ask, "This has GOT to be a trick, right?" To which I'll reply, "Yeah it is! I got tricked by the church!"

Posted by: rgrraymond ( )
Date: May 28, 2011 12:23AM

How about a scare crow by the front door dressed in temple clothing.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: May 28, 2011 12:28AM

Flatlander might have an extra set.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 28, 2011 03:56AM

Now you tell me after I threw all that stuff out...I think this is the first time I've like anything Kolobian has said..wear it for Halloween.

Tehehehehe that would be so interesting in my very mormon neighbourhood....oh dear!

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: May 28, 2011 04:23PM

You could stitch up a green fig leaf apron and just put that on when the mishies come a-knockin' at your front door.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: May 28, 2011 04:36PM

Much easier than trying to put on the temple clothing would be to shake the first missionary's hand using the First Token of the Aaronic Priesthood, and say, "What is that?" - and be sure to hang on to his hand until he answers.

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 07:41PM

My DW taught her 6yo brother to do that with the sign of denial. the missionaries look of shock was funny as hell but he said nothing. I taught my SIL the sure sign of denial and she did it to her seminary teacher. He lied and said he had no idea what she was talking about.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 28, 2011 06:10PM

In dealing with children, I try to choose consequences that impact on the kids more than on me. So to punish a child I wouldn't ban all cookies forever if I liked the cookies and the kids only liked cupcakes.

Same with missionaries. Keeping constumes by the door or hanging up signs that mar my door punish me more than anyone. Spraying mishies with a garden hose, using temple language, flipping them off, or using the f-word are easier on me than on the morgbots who need to learn a lesson.

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: May 28, 2011 07:35PM

You could also cut a slit in the screen, poke your hand out to receive a handshake, and ask "what is that"? If you did that, along with the temple robe, they would probably leave.

Date: May 28, 2011 08:37PM

I read somewhere that a guy actually did dress up in "angel shorts" and made a halo out of a coathanger, and also made a "magic wand" and went running up and down the street on Halloween in some heavily populated TBM town/city, and it pissed of a lot of the TBMs...Dang, I wanted to try that, but I ain't in UT anymore, so I dont know where the best place and date would be to do that. I double dog dare ya to dress up like that as you see them coming up your driveway!!!! I would pay to see that!!! I'd pay you to do it too!!! Just dont forget to make the halo, and you will need to make a magic wand as well. The looks on their faces as you answer the door would be priceless! Best wishes!!!

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: May 28, 2011 08:51PM

Not feasbile. For a man, anyway, it would involve putting on white pants, a white button-up shirt, white tie, white socks, robe and tie it, apron, cap and tie it, sash and tie it. And that's after you found the clothes in the first place. Alternately you could just put on the easier parts, like just the robe/apron/hat with street clothes underneath. It wouldn't be the same, but it would accomplish the same purpose.

But wearing the full temple garb on Halloween, or giving them the patriarchal grip - that would be funny, though right there at the top of the most offensive things you could do around a mormon.

Date: May 28, 2011 10:22PM

Yeah, but to make it easy for a man, all he would have to do is strip down real fast and put on his angel short T shirt, and boxer briefs with the Mormon logos/symbols on them. Then hurry and put on the coathangar halo that is also partly made from aluminum foil, and grab the magic wand (every 6 yo girl seems to have one of these), then answer the door. I gaurantee that you will get a visit from the Bishop or the SP or both! haha!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.