Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 02:57AM

Sharing this interesting video where stories of Jesus are compared to other religions figures.

http://consciousvideodirectory.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/13353400-the-hidden-story-of-jesus

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 08:05AM

The MORmONS have a hidden story of Jesus.
They pose Jesus as the ultimate conformist.
which simply is not true. Jesus did not end up nailed to a cross by being a conformist. COnformists dont have their out law cousin just baptize them in the local river with out any formal approval. Try this in the LDS church and see what it gets you.

In turn the conformist MORmON Jesus becomes the ultimate anal retentive stupid jerk Jesus demanding that all ppl have a pervert Joe SMith brand baptism ( HOW CONVENIENT for LDS INC!) or just go to Hell ....because He *loves* everyone.

So the living end up consumed with doing endless proxy ordinances for the dead, ordinances that may or may not be accepted! It all makes sense..... to MORmONS.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 10:07AM

And don't forget-
Jesus died as the perfect example of obedience to the Father.
At least, when you read books like MormonDoctrine or Doctrines of Salvation or The Way to Perfection among other works that is the picture that you get- Jesus as ultimate obedience. Fulfilling the Law so that the Father can get his kids back.

In Doctrines of Salvation there is only one reference to Love and that is taken from quoting a favorite hymn.

So if we want to be like Jesus, we need to follow His example by being perfectly obedient to God (meaning Priesthood leaders).

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 02:53PM

So true...In essence Mormonism is the epitome of Anti-Christ.

THey break the 2nd commandment by trying make an image of Jesus that they can use to abuse people.

I am so tired of rubbish!

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 08:30AM

Date: May 30, 2011 01:31PM

I hope not. It is a long intersting series and I only got thru about half of the episodes last night. I hope to finish tonight but it wont happen if they moved the video.

I really did not see a whole lot of connection with Mithrus but there we're remarkable similaraties between Jesus Krishna Buddah and Osiris stories.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 01:36PM

Taddlywog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope not. It is a long intersting series and I
> only got thru about half of the episodes last
> night. I hope to finish tonight but it wont
> happen if they moved the video.
>
> I really did not see a whole lot of connection
> with Mithrus but there we're remarkable
> similaraties between Jesus Krishna Buddah and
> Osiris stories.

Haven't seen the video yet, but check out the actual myths of the gods you mentioned. I have seen a lot of videos that grossly misrepresent them or tell only parts of the story. Since I haven't seen it yet, I am not saying this video is doing that, but check it out. Don't take it at face value. I have seen to much crap on this subject not to be somewhat suspicious. It is easy to google the gods and get the real myth with no emellishing to make a point. I'll watch it later when I have more time.

Date: May 30, 2011 02:03PM

Don't want to take it at face value.... I plan to compare additional sources. But it gives me a starting point to consider things that I was not aware of about other religious traditions.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 02:06PM

There is definitely some borrowing, but just not as many similarites as some would have you believe. For instance many claim there were virgin births in the case of gods whose mothers were married and presumably hnot virgins. Zeus imprgnanting Europa in the form of a bull may be magical, but hardly virgin birth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 05:54PM by bona dea.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.