Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: colonelmoroni ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 07:17AM

I don't often post here, but many of you know think4u who often does. Those of you who know her know she is finding her way back "Home", and moving from Salt Lake to the San Diego area soon. This is where she grew up, where her heart is, and where she can find peace and contentment in her life.
I suspect this will happen in the next few months, and though I dare not speak for her, I'm sure she'll love to share her experiences with you and her new life. I know also how much she has appreciated your love, support and caring on this board these past few years. She is a very special lady, whom I love dearly and have seen first hand how courageously she has managed the trial and tribulations of leaving the church, issues with family and the vicissitudes of life.
I will miss her more than she can possibly know, but I also know and appreciate all the reasons and promptings (if I may use that word) of her soul. Truly, her happiness is paramount to me, and maybe more than most, I understand her heart.
On the bright side, we have talked about how we can work out a long distance relationship. I love the area too. There are some possibilities we have talked about and are exploring. We are both financially independent (not tied down to a specific location), and somehow through all the normal ups and downs in our relationship there's a kind of bonding and communing that has taken place, and maybe I'm just a romantic, but sometimes, you do find the love of your life, and there are such things as happy endings.
I don't know how or if this will work out. I have three daughters here, survivors of a horrible car accident in which I also lost my son, I cherish the relationship and contact I have here in SL, so I think about that quite a bit. Who knows, sometimes the ocean calls me in the middle of the night as well. We'll see.
The moving process is a giant pain, and I know how frustrating and sometimes depressing and challenging it can be for her, but when things are going well, and she's getting closer to the ocean, I've never seen anyone happier. I have a bit of a heavy heart with all of this, more than a bit, trying not to show it too much, but I owe her more than I can say. I believe in her, care about her, and Love her. She is my Sweet Thing, and I am soooo happy for her. She fills my heart, and I know, however it turns out, she'll be with me forever.
So, please wish her the best when you get a chance, she's having a hart time with all the craziness of moving, but soon, she'll be Home. We should all be so lucky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 09:18AM

We all should be so lucky to have someone like you in our lives...funny that's what many of us search for..i found, lost and found mine..

Your support will see you two through..you'll find away.. Live always does.

stormy

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 10:26AM

I know of a couple that splits their time between three homes -- hers on the west coast, his on the east coast, and a family home in New England. They have found a way to make this work even when she was still working (although they are both retired now.) I asked him about the problems involved in maintaining so many residences, and he joked that he could never remember in which house he left a given tool. Other than that, no worries.

I'm betting that you two will find a way.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 10:30AM

You just go ahead and be that romantic. It sounds like a long distance romance can work with you too. You need to be where you need to be. But travel will work it seems for both of you. I wish you all the best and I do know what the ocean can do for people. Hope it is all she wishes it to be. Wish I could be by one!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 01:22PM

It takes a lot of courage to make a major change like that.
I wish her the best.
It will certainly change the dynamics of her family relationships on some level.
I know it did mine, when I moved away from much of the family many years ago.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 01:48PM

SLC is a horrible place to live, but I'd move to San Diego in a heart beat. I hope she finds happiness in a much better climate, and not just weather-wise.

Posted by: anony in relationship hell ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 02:47PM

Sigh . . . Colonel, do you have a twin?

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 08:27PM

It is too bad he does not have a twin. He is the best and dearest friend I have ever had. We have had a few ups and downs in our relationship but we remain very steady friends, always there for one another, no matter what. I am sure I will miss him terribly when I move, but we will always remain close friends.

He can easily fly down to see me any time he wants. And I will come back to Utah probably just once a year, to see my kids that live here, if that works out. It has not been easy.

I am almost sure I am buying the little green house on the hill, my favorite, I should know for sure in about a week or two. It is only 5 miles inland from Carlsbad beach, my favorite, even though I was raised 15 mi. so. of there in Cardiff-by-the-Sea.

This Utah weather is getting to me more every single year. I do NOT want spend the rest of my days here. We never had spring this year, it rained all through May, and I really struggle with the climate here more than anything else. It will also be so very nice to live in a place that is not predominately mormon.

Moving at 60 has not been easy, and I have quite a way to go yet, but I am definitely going home. I have gotten rid of and sold things and am starting to pack. It was hard to sell my piano, but worth it. I would rather have a keyboard there, that will stay in tune, even with the damp climate.

Thanks to everyone here for your kindness, especially when I have been really down with issues concerning my grown married TBM kids. Sometimes I felt I just had no where to turn but here, to express my true feelings and the pain I have gone through. It may never end.

In my heart, I know this move is right for me, and I do have many friends down there from way back when that I still am in touch with. Just thinking about the ocean makes me anxious to return. It is the most peaceful place in the world, at least for me.

So, Colonel, start checking out the airline fares! It will all be just fine. Or maybe you can drive down in your bmw "babe mobile", and we can flit around with the top down and make all the young people laugh, and wish they had it so good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 11:04PM by think4u.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 09:39PM

My mom always drew a lot of comfort from the ocean as well. For a while she had a home on the beach and I would often escape from the hot city and visit her on weekends. I still have a jar of collected seashells on my bookshelf. :-)

Date: May 30, 2011 09:46PM

I have the same on my bookshelf, exactly. And it is NOT a small jar. I also have huge sand dollars and seashells ( which I bought, not found) all throughout my house and pictures of the ocean.

I am so very grateful for this chance to go home. It makes me cry sometimes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 09:46PM by think4u.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 08:42PM

My best to you both! Where there is a will, you will find a way to work it out. Just keep on truckin, and doin the best you can. Thanks for letting us know about this. Keep posting once in a while.

Date: May 30, 2011 09:38PM

foundoubt- I wanted to let you know I have been walking every day for at least 30 min. like you suggested for over 2 months now, have lost 7 or 8 pounds and the little love handles I was getting are gone!

That is a slow weight loss, but what you recommended really did work! My pants fit great!!! Thanks for the tip, 'cause NOTHING I was trying was working!

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 09:32AM

The only drawback I see is having to cross busy Carlsbad Blvd To get to the beach, the traffic up there is just horrendous.

Other than that, why can't Moroni get a camper and drive back and forth?
It will be a long lonely life just living around his kids.

Date: May 31, 2011 11:14AM

Carlsbad Blvd. is not that busy, well maybe at rush hour. Some of the roads here in Sandy Utah are far busier, esp. with the ongoing construction that never ends. It is actually the old Hwy 101 (when I grew up), that runs right alone the coast and is still a lovely drive. The Col. and I have driven it several times.

It is the freeway ( I 5) 3 blocks inland that can be a mess, esp. at rush hour and I never go out during that time, as I no longer work.

I also have a time share at the Carlsbad Inn so we can use their facilities (not their rooms), but FREE parking , towels, umbrellas, bicycles, gym any time we want all year round.

I plan on keeping that time share in April so my kids that treat me well, and there are some, can come down and stay there once in a while.

The Col. has plenty of money. He can fly down and stay 10 days of every month, and that is sort of the plan we have come up with for now. 2 or his 3 daughters are TBM but they all treat him with total love and respect. I could never ask him to move for me. But he might decide that for himself- time will tell.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 11:18AM by think4u.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.