Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 12:55PM

http://www.battlesaint.com/

The bracelets have pictures of several saints and are designed for service people going into Afghanistan or other places. This was on CNN just now and the sales site is overwhelmed for the moment.

It's comforting to know that Kolobians aren't the only ones who rely on magic tokens for protection.

But it isn't a crusade, folks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: valjean ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 12:59PM

I'm not catholic, but i have a joan of arc medal on my key chain

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 01:01PM

and a money maker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 01:01PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 01:07PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 01:19PM

merchandizing to the believers! Trinkets, etc. are Big Business!

Marketing to Mormons is a new phenomenon. For many decades, they abhorred any kind of trinket except the little one dollar cheaply made CTR ring for the Sunday School class for 7 to 8 year olds before baptism. That and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir recordings were about it.
Not anymore. They are now a huge market that dozens of businesses are catering to!

Now Mormons can purchase Book of Mormon figurines, rings, ties, clothing, gift bags,and on and on.
Can't find what you want for the Mormon friend or relative? checkout this list! (Staggering isn't it! :-)

http://www.ldsonlinestores.com/

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 01:51PM

I'm selling magical amulets that protect you against vampires and witchcraft. They have a 100% money back guarantee that if you or your loved ones are attacked by witches or vampires, you get your money back.

The amulets are made from pure mithral and strung with spun unicorn-mane hair from Narnia. They have been endowed with powerful counterspells and are guaranteed to keep you from an untimely supernatural end.

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 02:01PM

Are they available on QVC, yet. I really need that extra protection from those pesky sparkling critters and those hooked nosed women.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 02:01PM

Anything to make a buck from a sucker born ever minute! DH likes to buy some LDS-related products like books and DVDs, but that,s about it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.