Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nolongerin ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 03:32PM

had no idea until I went to Walmart and saw the LDS book section that this was another mo-ville.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lucifer Fielding Smith ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 04:00PM

Cody has a bunch of wards. Very LDS. I grew up there and the whole Big Horn Basin is a Mormon enclave. Over Lovell way, there are a bunch of polygamists, too.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 04:37PM

I didn't know about the polygs, but the townsfolk looked very Mormon. Powell seemed more 'normal'. But yeah, Bighorn Basin is pretty Mo, which was a bit of a surprise for me.

Posted by: RichardtheBad (not logged in) ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 04:50PM

Yep, Powell is a little more "normal" for the Bighorn Basin, but it does have a community college which brings in some variation.

(I think there is some connection between mormons and sugar beets. U&I Sugar perhaps? But the Bighorn Basin is very mormon,and grows a lot of sugar beets. The area around Quincy Washington is, or was,the same way. Odd.)

But yes, a bunch of mormons moved to Lovell right around the time polygamy was banned. You will still see obituaries up there that list several wives. The Star Valley of Wyoming also has quite a few fundies, particularly around Afton. We also get a bunch of the fundies, combined with the Sagebrush Rebellion folks in the SW corner of the state (Bridger Valley, Rock Springs) who seem to go back and forth between there and Utah.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 05:05PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.