Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 09:48PM

I surely haven't, as you can plainly see.

Some things ya never can get over.Guess I just gotta admit to being powerless eh Cabbie?

Anyhoo, for those who thought I'd flounced or maybe gone back to tscc or who even care, it's good to be back among the faithless.

Thanks Susan for the prompt assist. U R the best my dear lady.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 09:59PM

Whatever did you find to do that was more interesting than us? Glad you are OK.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 10:06PM

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 10:08PM

It's good to feel powerful!

And good to see the old names keep on cropping up. Otherwise, I might be embarrassed to still be here myself, after all these yrs.

And I'm not even BIC.

Thanks for dropping by. Enjoy!

Date: May 30, 2011 10:27PM

Nightingale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's good to feel powerful!
>
> And good to see the old names keep on cropping up.
> Otherwise, I might be embarrassed to still be here
> myself, after all these yrs.
>
> And I'm not even BIC.
>
> Thanks for dropping by. Enjoy!

Nightie my love! Thanks for conjuring me up, I really needed that.

So when we gonna set the date dearie? Nuthin fancy is okay with me this time around.

There's bound to be a Universalist minister somewhere in this august group who could tie the knot real nice and easy for us, ya think?

Now you know the real reason I had to come back.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 03:26AM

Date: May 30, 2011 10:09PM

Dagny, you wouldn't believe me if I told you so I might as well tell you.

I have been hiding out in my cuz's basement that just happens to be a former missionary dormitory.

Not so bad sleeping on bags of wheat and oats. Powdered milk sacks make pretty decent pillows plus I never went hungry.

Sucks with no RfM tho.

Wot's new with you Miss T?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 10:24PM

Same old same old with me.

Sounds like you have been off on a strange adventure. I hope you didn't catch missionary cooties from that place!

Date: May 30, 2011 11:30PM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Same old same old with me.
>
> Sounds like you have been off on a strange
> adventure. I hope you didn't catch missionary
> cooties from that place!

Didn't miss anything? Nobody got raptured or anything?

I had my response all prepared for Jesus in case he came a'callin me up to join his flock. I was having none of it even if He showed proper credentials and shit.

Plus the 22nd was my 39th birthday so no way I'd miss that.

Never felt better my darling. Life is good.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 04:18AM

Amazingly, I remembered all of the handshakes and got all the way to the veil.... That's where everything went wrong. I tried to give Elo the Five-Points-O-Fell-O-Ship hug and then the heavenly choir and harp music all ground to a halt and spirits all around were gasping in horror. Friendly smile turned into grimaces and frowns.

Elo gave me a disgusted look and told me: "We don't do that anymore. Haven't done it for about 20 years now. You're an exmo, aren't you? Thought you'd sneak one past the Great and Powerful Elo of the Him clan, dincha?

Next thing I knew I was back here. I flunked out of the rapture.

Amazingly, I remembered all of the handshakes and got all the way to the veil.... That's where everything went wrong. I tried to give Elo the Five-Points-O-Fell-O-Ship hug and then the heavenly choir and harp music all ground to a halt and spirits all around were gasping in horror. Friendly smile turned into grimaces and frowns.

Elo gave me a disgusted look and told me: "We don't do that anymore. Haven't done it for about 20 years now. You're an exmo, aren't you? Thought you'd sneak one past the Great and Powerful Elo of the Him clan, dincha?

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 01:24PM

Okay, just teasing; the board was acting funny for me as well this a.m....

Let's give this one a free ride to the top...

Date: May 31, 2011 07:27PM

The board was acting funny, but I think that was because the Trinity cursed me with a Triplication wammy--causing me to do everything in threes.

The board was acting funny, but I think that was because the Trinity cursed me with a Triplication wammy--causing me to do everything in threes.

Ohno! It'shappeningagain!

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 12:30AM

And didn't chime in, you're driving the next time you're in Salt Lake...

I got a question that occurred to me afterwards, and I would love your expert opinion...

I think the person with the crush on Charlie Sheen was quite possibly a female...

Thoughts?

You can e-mail me at the same old taxi stand...

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 12:50AM

Hi, Shummy! Good to see you, again!

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 04:23PM

I see it as a warm fire that fellow travelers gather around as they suffer through the austere cold of leaving the house that Joseph Smiths lies built.

As one stands around the fire warming up with the company found here, friendships are formed, new associations made, and love expressed. Some leave the fire to seek new homes. Others, like me, may have found new warm places, but stand around the fire, not to warm themselves, but embrace the friends and chat with newbies who gather. For some of us long timers it's a second home.

Thanks Erick and Susan for keeping the place cozy and quaint!

HH. =)

Posted by: Shannon / JackMormon'sWife ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 07:21PM

I'm in "official lurkdom" for a coupla months and posting "anony" all over the place, prolly driving Susan crazy. There are reasons I'm in hiding, so to speak. I've got about 2 more weeks in RfM jail before I can post - big secret, big story. I'll tell it soon.

In the meantime, I can't resist outing myself and saying "hi" to you, though. If I posted, "Hi Shummy, from anony" you wouldn't know who it was, right? You are one of the funniest RfM posters of all time . . . and I, for one, wait in anxious anticipation of of the comedy show to come.

All the Best,
Shannon

P.S. And if you DON'T hear back from me soon, it means the Danites got me. heh. ;o)

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 08:18PM

I used to be afraid I would never recover and now I don't even want to.

I get more laughs on this board than anywhere else in my life, so thanks for that you all !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 08:18PM by think4u.

Posted by: janet ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 08:51PM

Each year I notice less anger and more laughter regarding the nutty cult I was raised in.

RfM has been very helpful for me to check in and read.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 09:00PM

Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 10:26PM

We all return Shammy, because they removed the Head stones but they never removed the bodies!

Welcome back

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.