Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Emmahalesmith ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 09:13AM

I just read this on a friend's blog. She's tbm, of course, and she frequently plugs her faith, bless her heart. And by "bless her heart" I actually mean "the poor bastard".

Anyway, here's what she has to say about diversity in Mormonism:

"A lot of people have been critical of these videos[the I'm A Mormon ads], saying it's a joke to suggest there is any sort of diversity among Mormons--supposedly we're all a bunch of whiteys living in Utah, like me!--but my best response to that is: Glenn Beck & Harry Reid. Need I say more?"

I really like her - she's a good person. I'm just confused. Is she serious? Glenn Beck and Harry Reid? Diversity? Regardless of their political ideology, they're not really that diverse: white, male, Mormon, public figures. True diversity is having multiple lifestyles and beliefs (not merely political differences) exist peacefully, which is anathema to Mormonism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 09:34AM

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 10:01AM

I'll consider the morg diverse when UT crosses the 5% non-white barrier and US members of color account for more than 1% of sacrament attendance. And yes, I know there are some wards where there are only people of color. The morg does love its segregation.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 01:47PM

Has she looked up diversity?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.