Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 01:15PM

...if the Harris / Dille interview is legit.

Dang! That's been one of my favorite come-backs to TBM's about their sacred BOM being "dictated" out of a Hat with a rock versus "translated" by looking at the G-Plates.

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 01:17PM

After all, Jesus walked with him once in the form of a deer too.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 01:28PM

Martin Harris said so, and he's one of the Mormon Three Witnesses, so Mormons have to accept him as a valid witness.

http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/sermons_talks_interviews/harrisinterviewtiffanysmonthly.htm

It's unwise to assume that something never happened because a bunch of liars never said it did. Better to talk about what they did say and let them hang themselves.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 02:10PM

Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 02:23PM

As I recall, Martin Harris's wife who was no fan of Joseph Smith - she was discounted to be jealous of the money Harris was putting into Joseph "translation" project - took the first 133 pages (or there about) of "translation" claiming that Joseph should be able to reproduce the "translation" and compare it to the previous effort for correctness. As a consequence, supposedly, for having lost these pages, God suspended the "translation" process and took the Urim and the Thummim set as spectacles back from Smith. When the "translation" was resumed, Joseph used his magic seer stone he used as a money digger and no farther mentioned was made of Urim and the Thummim spectacles supposedly found with the gold plates.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 01:33PM

Not hardly. Both Joe and Brigham declared that Martin Harris was a "...lying, deceiving cheat of a man who is not in his right mind and should be totally discounted..". So, he doesn't count in my mind.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 01:44PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.