Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 10:47PM

During your TBM days, and because of your faithfulness, has anybody included you in their testimony as someone who would always be faithful and somone who was a "Spiritual Giant". Could be something you had done as a missionary or a local leader or any priesthood holder or sister in Relief Society

What then happend to their belief in your goodness, when you left the Church ???

JB

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 10:58PM

I wondered if that is how some of the faith-promoting stories got started.

Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 11:28PM

Is it a rumor if it really happened?

Posted by: george ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 11:50PM

Always a genealogist, I wrote three faith promoting stories over the years which got published in the Church News. Once I related a couple of them at Sacrament. A visitor came up and said that my published stories were often mentioned in their ward in the context of modern day miracles. I'm out of the church now, wondering if they still get voiced around...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 11:57PM by george.

Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 12:04AM

I have had several 'miraculous' experiences. One has to do with meeting the son I placed for adoption as a teen and has been published in Ladies Home Journal, Deseret News, the SL Trib, Chicken Soup for the Mother's soul and numerous other publications. And we have been on numerous shows including Oprah. My story is talked about more than I am comfy with, and yet....I do believe that it happened, not because I was Mor(m)on, but because - flip, miracles happen. I am fortunate to have been someone that has experienced one so big. I just don't believe it happened because I was Mormon.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.