Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sithlorddaddy ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 07:11PM

I can't understand why he and his wife dropped by. My family and I haven't been active in the church for over 9 months, my teen's opened the door and spoke with them on the porch (since I wasn't here at the time) and they said they'd call back.

Sure wish I was here for them, I could've given them all the mormon crap I have boxed up!! Wonder if they heard I was talking to fence-sitting members about the real truth of LDS, Inc?

Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: karin ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 07:45PM

They hoped that by this time whatever 'offended' you will have settled down and you can repent and return before you get too entrenched in the lifestyles of the rest of the world and like them ( ie sunday's off) too much to return.

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 08:42PM

In my ward/stake there has been a big push to get the less actives reactivated. My husband is a ward missionary and all they ever talk about are inactives and how to get them back. Very few converts to take care of.

They call them "rescue families", because the church is trying to rescue them.

How ironic, now that I see the truth, I want to rescue the TBMs.

After ward and stake conferences, all of the priesthood/auxiliary presidencies are assigned in pairs to go out to visit rescue families (unannounced of course). Fortunately with my husbands work schedule and the number of kids I have, it's easy for me to come up with an excuse to not go.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 10:51PM

exmollymo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> How ironic, now that I see the truth, I want to
> rescue the TBMs.

LOL Yeah. That was my first reaction when I learned the truth. I wanted to rescue them all. But sadly, I quickly learned that they don't want to be rescued.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 11:50AM

There is so much baggage and hidden meaning packaged in that little term. I almost prefer "less active."

I don't know what I would do if my mission president showed up at my door. I think I would be speechless. It would sure be a surprise though. Wow, I would hate that.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 03:18PM

They call them "rescue families"????

As a rescue dog, I find this term like really really insensitive, inflammatory, and offensive.

So to whom shall I send my really really offended-type letter?

Posted by: sithlorddaddy ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 09:50PM

Well hell, I could save them the time if he'd actually call my number and tell them a nice polite (not so polite if they don't understand) "Thanks, go away now."

Actually, I wouldn't mind for them to return...I'd love to give him a giant Walmart sack full of the scriptures, Ensigns, and all the stuff I have in a box and tell him to give them to someone else.

Of course, if they get into the "offended" nonsense, I might have to tell how offended I was when I found out the truth about Old Joe.

Posted by: allwhowander ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 11:04PM

... your oldest garmies in the giant Walmart sack with your other mormon paraphernalia!

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 11:37AM

My advice:

State it as clearly to them as you have here in your first sentence. "I have no earthly idea why you are here." Then go from there.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 11:46AM

And that he should join you and together you could rule the galaxy as father and son.

When he responds that what you've told him is "impossible." Just inform him to search his feelings to know that it is true.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 12:27PM

answer the door with one of those night-time breathing masks if you have one and then say it!

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 12:33PM

Use this as an ex-mo missionary opportunity. Invite them in for a set down discussion about the dark underbelly of TSCC. I love inviting the mishey's over for frank objective discussions about the church. I don't allow them to pray, etc. I've observed that they don't come back. Truth hurts their fragile deluded world.

Posted by: Nonya ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 01:25PM

This method works wonders. Have a flyer of a local christian church handy and invite them. Even if you don't go there, doesn't matter. This will work really well.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 01:51PM

My SP showed up unannounced at my house months ago. Since then no one else has tried to rescue me.

The visit was mostly niceties, talking around the elephant in the room, etc. He didn't dare just come right out and ask me why I don't go, I'm pretty sure he knows I don't believe. They don't have an answer for that one.

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 02:03PM

I sure hope you kept all your timesheets so you could collect on all those back wages ;) If my MP dropped by that's what I'd be asking for. However I think you know exactly why he's coming over. He's trying to be a "good shepherd" to go after the 1 lost lamb to bring him back into the fold with the other 99 sheep. And I'm guessing that if he's a typical TBM leader that he's sincere, he believes he can help you "feel the Spirit" (i.e. the fuzzy wuzzy feeling) and thus help you get your life back into order. Now he's probably experienced plenty of failure and chalks it up to the person being hard-hearted, prideful, etc. But most likely he'll just chit-chat and do some BRT'ing and HOFRS'ing as part of preparing you to be invited to make commitments to get yourself back into the fold.

In reality I don't think you have a case for "back wages" as I'm sure that LDS, inc. has covered the bases. You don't get latter-day profits and have mega billions of bucks of assets in your balance sheet by being foolish in how you manage your paperwork & legal matters.

Well good luck .... he'll be back.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.