Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gabriella ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 02:52AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9oBCLwwL0&feature=share

This folks is exactly what Joseph Smith was doing/thinking/plannng the moment he decided to start his church.

Gabriella

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 02:58AM

WOW!

Well okee dokee!

I guess the cat is out of the bag!

Posted by: Gabriella ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 03:17AM

I know, this is insane, but then it all makes sense why the "leaders" of the church have to problem perpetuating the myth, the perks are just too good.

Date: June 02, 2011 04:04AM

yep!

It makes me sad that we donate to help people who are in need, but someone pockets the money!

It's like people have figured out to make money easily?

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 08:46AM

"If you want to make money, start a religion."

I was a child in the '80's and I remember all the televangalist scandals. It made me incredibly cynical about evangelical preachers and I always wonder(ed) what they're hiding. I haven't been disappointed yet in seeing what lying, greedy, hypocritical supposed-men-of-god turn out to be.

Posted by: m ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 03:05PM

These Evangelist guys don't even compare to the TSCC multi Level scam from here to eternity.

MONEY_MONEY_MONEY - its all about MONEY!!!

Pay now and you'll get more later. Conditional love-you must pay to play. Give more -get more- exhortation at is finest.

52,600 unpaid door to door salesman

undpaid clergy except at the top of the pyramid

Has a real estate arm of it's church

The TSCC has 10 categories now on there tithing slip
and you are called up for an annual audit of charitable donations. ( That in itself is cause for alarm)

No reporting to members of how it's funds are spent.

If it looks like a business, acts like a business and call's itself a church and is worth an estimated 100 billion with
assets.. IT IS A BUSINESS

now go clean the toilets at the church!

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 03:15PM

Ah, if only they had included Monson...I guess Kolobianism is flying under the radar because their donation base is less visible than these TV folks.

Loved Copeland's comment that his lavish lifestyle is in accordance with scripture, "...we give, we believe..."

Posted by: spintobeaer ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 03:22PM

Years ago, my deceased mother in law was president of a bank in Fort Worth, TX. SHe told us quite regularly how Kenneth Copeland and some of his security detail came into the bank each after noon with literally suitcases and paperbags of cash. All mailed in by his followers from around the country. His estate on Lake Worth was comparable to any of the Rivercrest or Dallas Highland Park crowd.

Date: June 02, 2011 05:09PM

So he kept the money as his own?

Offerings Friday they call it!

Well well, well!

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 05:35PM

I like the guy with his own airport. 'Cause you can't be truly blessed by Gawd if you only have a fleet of planes -- you really need your own airport.

What a bunch of venal, stupid, self-righteous pr*cks. Well, except for the lone female that was featured. She's missing the last attribute.

So, $3 to $6 billion per year goes to these jokers ... and none of it is taxed. They're not even required to report it. Tax reform is needed.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 05:39PM

I have never seen or met an LDS leader "living like a Rock Star" - so I'd be curious to know if there are any.
In reading the original journal of Joseph Smith Jr, he appeared to be surprised, initially that people believed him.'
I don't think he ever lived like a "Rock Star."
Not that it matters, they could and and they might, but that has nothing to do with why I don't believe in the unbelievable claims.

Leaders of Mega Churches appear to live like Rock Stars, however, whatever that is.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 05:50PM

Just look at all the groupies he had sex with!

Date: June 02, 2011 07:32PM

Hmmm they weren't will tho'

They thought they were performing works of salvation so good ol' Joe didn't die!

Goodness I ought to try that some time with a guy.

An angel of the lord told me to tell you....

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 07:37PM

I don't understand what that means.
They were groupies! Joe used them as such.
Same with groupies today... they think they are providing some kind of salvation to the rock star, like being their "muse", or truly "understanding" them... too funny.

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 06:29PM

I've heard TBMs claim their leaders live so modestly -- yes, they don't live exactly like rock stars with a lot of visible bling, but they have a lot of power, they and their families get the best health care, food, clothing, etc, without any of the normal worries about retirement savings or costs. If they want a vacation they'll fly in a private jet to Hawaii for a couple weeks. They live like CEOs, because that's what they are.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.