Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: February 03, 2018 08:37PM

Just curious here and wondering if anyone in the exmo community can provide any updated information about the GA that was exxed last year.

I remember that there was a lot of shit that came out about George P. Lee (who was the last GA before Hamula to get exxed), but it took a few years before the facts started coming to light.

Just wondering...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GC ( )
Date: February 03, 2018 08:40PM

A Mormon high councillor told me was money related.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 03, 2018 08:55PM

The scenario conjured up in my mind by "money related" has a Hamula rip off in the past catching up to him and the church having to bail him out so as to coddle their 'we are inspired to call out GAs...', but he had to pay the price.

NDAs galore were written and signed.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 05:12PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...a Hamula rip off in the past catching up to him...

Which would mean the brethren had zero power of discernment when they called him. But WE already knew that.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 01:07PM

Sex or money are good bets...probly the only bets...clearly showing the double standard in ye old church...some poor schmuck getting exed and divorced for a Facebook post gets plastered very where...announced in church...zero respect for privacy...Bros and sisses your witness to an absolute miracle of moism...several months of stone dead silence in a church founded on gossip and hear say...praise jeebus...they can sure keep stuff quiet when they want to...hard to believe bro crook has skated by with hardly a ripple...or maybe he's next to find a horse head in his bed

Date: July 26, 2018 08:56PM

Trails end Wrote:
> Sex or money are good bets...

Or sex AND money, maybe. Like using his GA credit card to pay for hookers. ;)

Posted by: Control Issues ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 02:01PM

Damn, I was hoping he was thrown out because he questioned the 'church'.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 05:32PM

One wonders if the NDAs bind the church to perform to a $ertain level in order to keep the bound binded?

Posted by: Cottonwood2420 ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 07:30PM

Ran a Google search and this came up:
https://hamulallc.com

Posted by: pettigrew ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 03:44AM

Error message

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 09:02PM

The only things I’m thinking that can cause the brethren Often enough to get excommunicated are homosexuality financial things and apostasy. I doubt even having an affair can get you excommunicated, unless it’s with another man of course.

And since there’s been so much exposure to exactly how closely bound the general authorities and apostles are to the church I’m wondering just how bad it has to be for them to publicly cut ties with you. My guess is since the George P. Lee thing and the Paul Dunn Thing they are even more careful than they used to be about picking general authorities.

I mean hell how often do you even hear of an area authority getting in trouble or excommunicated? Twice?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2018 09:03PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 02:08PM

I'm amazed that they have been able to keep it boxed up for this long.

Posted by: Moon child ( )
Date: July 25, 2018 06:59PM

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here, whoever is saying it’s from a money scheme or a gay relationship is 100% false and dishing for reasons but it was for the obvious reason being adultery.

Posted by: cristina ( )
Date: July 25, 2018 08:29PM

I'm keeping my eye on whether the divorce reveals anything. It will be awhile before any documents are public. If there's been abuse in the marriage or of the children or money taken it will come out. I'm NOT SAYING there was.

4TH DISTRICT CT - AF
UTAH COUNTY, STATE OF UTAH
JAMES JOSEPH HAMULA vs. JOYCE ANDERSON HAMULA
CASE NUMBER 184100161 Divorce/Annulment **** PRIVATE ****
________________________________________________________________________________
CURRENT ASSIGNED JUDGE
ROBERT C LUNNEN
CURRENT ASSIGNED COMMISSIONER
THOMAS PATTON
PARTIES
Petitioner - JAMES JOSEPH HAMULA
Represented by: DOUGLAS B THAYER
Represented by: COLE L BINGHAM
Respondent - JOYCE ANDERSON HAMULA
ACCOUNT SUMMARY
CASE NOTE
PROCEEDINGS
07-02-18 Filed: Petition for Divorce TRANSFERRED
07-02-18 Filed: Vital Statistics/UDOH Certificate TRANSFERRED
07-02-18 Fee Account created TRANSFERRED
07-02-18 Fee Account created TRANSFERRED
07-02-18 Fee Payment TRANSFERRED
07-02-18 Petition filed by efiler TRANSFERRED
07-02-18 Filed: Return of Electronic Notification TRANSFERRED
07-03-18 Petition filed by casetran
07-03-18 Case transferred from Provo District. Case # 184401691
07-03-18 Filed order: Order Of Transfer
Judge JAMES BRADY
Signed July 03, 2018
07-03-18 Judge ROBERT C LUNNEN assigned.
07-03-18 Commissioner THOMAS PATTON assigned.
07-09-18 **** PRIVATE **** Filed: Acceptance of Service upon ACCEPT
07-09-18 **** PRIVATE **** Filed: Return of Electronic Notification

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 12:27AM

So, it looks like he was the one who filed for divorce.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 09:46PM

summer Wrote:
> So, it looks like he was the one who filed for
> divorce.

That surprised me, a little. Are we all gluttons for gossip? Nah. this is just sharing. Thanks cristina for the divorce filing.
Wonder how much they can keep private.
If it's financial, could he be prosecuted ?

We know one thing, the church seemed to indicate it wasn't for apostasy. That narrows it down. Right.

Posted by: job74 ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 05:54PM

If it was something sex related (adultery/homosexuality) I think we'd all know by now. With social media and such that kind of offense would be nearly impossibly to keep a lid on.

More likely that as a GA, he had to go through a complete 'vetting' process that includes financial status and history. My money is on him lying about something while being vetted, maybe he claimed some money that was not his (wife's family maybe) and got caught, hence the divorce. Or, an illegal business deal from his past came back to bite him on the butt.

I believe this was a case of Mr. Hamula claiming to be someone he was not, or even more simply put, he's a liar.

Once again, there goes the Church's power and claim of discernment right out the door. Which is probably the reason the Church has made zero mention of Elder Hamula since they booted him.

Date: July 26, 2018 08:53PM

But his calling and election were made sure, so all's good with him, right?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 09:47PM

olderelder Wrote:
> But his calling and election were made sure, so
> all's good with him, right?

Well, thank goodness for that. He can repent and make it all better, right?

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: July 27, 2018 11:57AM

Almost anyone can repent and make it right.

OR

We can accept as a fact that most things in life are not actually violations that require LDS repentance. Even infidelity is an issue to be resolved by the people involved. No mormon bishop required.

If someone commits a crime, we have a justice system. If we offend our neighbor, or drink coffee, go to a movie on Sunday, or feel good when we touch our own private parts, well that is our own business. Again, no mormon bishop or love council is needed. If we want to embarrass the church or disagree with it openly or defy it then no repentance is needed.

Why does one need to repent of the truth?

The LDS church is a mind control organization that invents a problem then peddles a solution to it.

I actually know the Hamula family and I am very sad to see them go through this. Honestly, I cannot figure out if he is a sincere dupe of the Mormon culture or some sort of cult mastermind. It's hard to imagine that one can rise to his rank and still beleive the BS. He has to know that it is nonsense. It's also possible that he ripped off someone. It would not be the first time I was fooled.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.