Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 10:47PM

Brother Jake Defends the Book of Mormon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL8pYyJmWbk

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 10:51PM

Brother Jake hits it out of the park again!

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 02:58AM

I really enjoyed that. But now the church is all excited about the huge Mayan megalopolis just recently discovered. Maybe they will find something! A wheel, a steel sword, or maybe a human bone that DNA's Hebrew? My gut instinct tells me that they will be disappointed yet again. People's tithing dollars will finance a fruitless search.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 06:40PM

Prof. Hansen, from UU, is a honcho at this site. Is he LDS?

The project is widely funded I assume, and does not rely on money from LDSInc.. TSCC has spent a lot already on archaeology in the region, and they know there's nothing there. They will not wish to spend more money on science, beyond what PR expenses are needed to spin whatever.

So, unless I am wrong, (and I will be happy to see the contribution list for the project at El Mirador proving that LDSInc. has contributed tithing to this effort), it may well be that no tithing money is being spent on this.

IMO, at this point, only the most brainwashed members are buying this Nephite city stuff.

Posted by: ProvoX ( )
Date: February 09, 2018 02:02AM

A Mayan Megopolis nowhere near Hill Cumorah - how gullible does one have to be?...

Saddle up your tapirs, where going for a ride...

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 07:03PM

Nephi's boat sailed into the Bermuda Triangle, and all the events in the BOM took place in an alternate reality, dimension, timeline, etc..

Posted by: stellam ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 09:33PM

Brother Jake is brilliant.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 10:55PM

Jeez... I have run this site, exmormon.org, since 1995. The emails I have received from Mormons on this topic have been hilarious. I wished I had saved them all, but the delete button is just too damn convenient and life is too damn short. Anyways, I have received emails that the Book of Mormon actually took place in SE Asia OR it took place in Africa. Either explanation is why we have not found remnants of Nephite civilization in the Americas. It is pure craziness. Now these recent discoveries open another opportunity for these fruitcakes. Mormons will cling to literally anything that sounds plausible no matter how remote the possibility. It does not even have to make sense. It just has to feel good.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 09, 2018 12:00AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.