Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 10:07AM

I just saw Mitt Romney's twitter video on his Utah Senate run and felt the need to post here. He talks about how great the "people of Utah" are and how much "Washington can learn from Utah." My thought is do you think he is using this "opprotunity" in Utah to try to springboard another Presidential run?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 10:10AM

I think he's "springboarding" a senate run.

We'll have to see if that position (and yeah, he'll be elected) lasts more than 2 years...

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 10:29AM

As a Utah resident, I wonder if Mitt or any of his lackeys or big bunch of 45 staffers have asked any normal people in Utah if we want him to be our next senator?

I'm not talking about his ward members, nor the people he has dinner with in Park City one night and then Escondido for lunch? I mean the people he'll hire to move his stuff from one big home to another. From MA, Park City, Escondido, EAST SLC etc. No, wait. He doesn't have to have anything moved. Just some clothes maybe.

The few times I’ve accidentally heard him speak, he does nothing for me and if he represents Utah as so many are saying, I guess it's time for me to go back to Las Vegas.

And just because he’s changed his residence on Twitter to Holladay, Utah, that doesn’t mean he’s a Utahan. I so dread this next year.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 06:23PM

memikeyounot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As a Utah resident, I wonder if Mitt or any of his
> lackeys or big bunch of 45 staffers have asked any
> normal people in Utah if we want him to be our
> next senator?

I'm sure he's asked the mormon leaders, which is both all he cares about and all that matters in Utah...

> ...dinner with in Park City one night
> and then Escondido for lunch...

We don't let Mitt or his pals into Escondido (just down the road from where I live). They're not welcome. They might lunch in La Jolla, but not Escondido! :)

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 06:54PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
> memikeyounot Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > As a Utah resident, I wonder if Mitt or any of
> his
> > lackeys or big bunch of 45 staffers have asked
> any
> > normal people in Utah if we want him to be our
> > next senator?
>
> I'm sure he's asked the mormon leaders, which is
> both all he cares about and all that matters in
> Utah...
>
> > ...dinner with in Park City one night
> > and then Escondido for lunch...
>
> We don't let Mitt or his pals into Escondido (just
> down the road from where I live). They're not
> welcome. They might lunch in La Jolla, but not
> Escondido! :)

Agreed. What is there in Escondido for Mitt? Two of his kids live in what, Gables Crossing? Saddle Club Estates? I don't recall. I went to kid b-day parties where the Romney kids were, years ago. Escondido is way too ghetto and illegal for Mitty Boy.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 08:27PM

I've not been to Escondido or LaJolla much, somehow I guess I thought Escondido was the ritzy part of town.

Posted by: PtLoma ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 06:18PM

My understanding is he still owns the La Jolla house but never occupied it.

Ann rides horses as therapy for MS. Escondido ranges from middle class to ghetto, but there are some ritzy equestrian communities nearby: San Luis Rey Downs, Pauma Valley, Del Dios, etc.

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-0116-abcarian-mitt-romney-20150116-column.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitt-romney-might-sell-oceanfront-mansion-with-car-elevator-report/

I recall seeing an article that Ann kept her horses further inland and not near the coast, in which case La Jolla would not be a convenient location.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 06:24PM by PtLoma.

Date: February 19, 2018 06:58PM

PtLoma Wrote:

> I recall seeing an article that Ann kept her
> horses further inland and not near the coast, in
> which case La Jolla would not be a convenient
> location.

Tons of horse farms where I rode back in the day have been bulldozed for subdivisions.

There's nothing inconvenient that can't be solved with $$$. Horse farm or surf trip with the sons or whatever.

These people are not like us.

Date: February 19, 2018 07:05PM

Once again, Mormons f-up the timing for a launch.

What the general public is learning about the church continues to paint Mormons as sanctioning abuse of women and children.

There's no wave for Mitten to catch this time. Too late. And 45 made a futher ass out of him by pretending Mitt could interview for a job that was never going to happen. French restaurant or not.

Mitt showed he will kiss any ass for power.

He's unlikeable. A snoozer and if there's anything Americans hate, it's BOREDOM.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 06:09PM

"As a Utah resident, I wonder if Mitt or any of his lackeys or big bunch of 45 staffers have asked any normal people in Utah if we want him to be our next senator?"

You can tell him w/your vote...yes or no

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 05:06PM

"Represents Utah" is obvious code for "I'm Mormon, enough said."

Mitt doesn't represent Utah, he represents privileged Mormons and Mormon HQ.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 06:41PM

He is slamming Trump on immigration and inferring he is an 'open borders democrat' and that is Utah 'values'.

He keeps up that kind of talk and Utah may think twice before putting him in if his opponent makes it clear who 'RINO/Elitist' Romney really represents.

Romney is already a 'loser' and he better watch what he says in a 'ultra conservative' state.

I am looking forward to see who will run against him and what they will attack him on.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 06:12PM

I do like the comments from UT's state Republican Chairman:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/utah-republican-party-chairman-slams-romneys-expected-senate-run-mitt-romney-doesnt-live-here/article/2649109

“I think he’s keeping out candidates that I think would be a better fit for Utah because, let’s face it, Mitt Romney doesn’t live here, his kids weren’t born here, he doesn’t shop here,”

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 06:55PM

When Rmoney took his epic shot at Donald Trump, March 2016, Rmoney did several things, mainly he accused Trump of being a phony and Rmoney invoked the grand conservative legacy of Ronald Reagan. The fact is that Rmoney did NOT support Ronald Reagan (either time) when Reagan ran for president. That is epic phoniness ( regardless of anything that Donald Trump may or may not have done)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSujAheWeUE

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 07:03PM

Mitt just does NOT get it. He's very Trump like in that he believes he can create his own reality and sell it to the masses. He might become the senator from Utah simply due to being a Mormon, but he will always be Mitt the liar, the phony and the spineless.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 07:32PM

Devoted Exmo Wrote:
> but he will always be Mitt the liar, the phony and
> the spineless.

Funny thing, sometimes when LYING PHONIES roll down the road of phoniness and lying long enough then they end up reaching their destination of terminal PHONINESS and LYING...... then those ASSpostHOLES and would be ASSpostHOLES expect others to feel sorry for them because of their struggles along the way.

Funny thing, when PHONY, LYING, SPINELESS POS need ASSistance, their first preference is to rely on other PHONY, LYING, SPINELESS POS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NxEf1-3RJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ZXI7YM_As

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YEMX0VooD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnbn7dJlwxc

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 03:45PM

I doubt Willard Mitt is going to run for president again. Trump is the incumbent and if he decides to run again , win or lose it will be about 7 years until the next election . Trump is the oldest President ever elected and it is doubtful people would vote for Mitt when he would be 77. Plus he lost before and
That can't help

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 04:57PM

Losing one presidential campaign didn't stop Nixon. He eventually had to shoot himself in the foot to get fired.

I'm sure The Mittster plans to try for the brass ring again. He's still an empty suit, so I doubt he will grab the ring. But Utah senator - that's about as close to a sure thing as can be. Mormons have been trained to love Mormon Empty Suits.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 05:48PM

I love it when this particular empty suit opines on "American Exceptionalism". I think we are due for the next lecture any day now.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 04:37PM

My advice to the people of Utah is vote a real for a real utahan and not a carpet bagger like Mitt who thinks he can get the Mormon vote. He just wants to use the senate seat as a platform to run against Trump in 2020. He wants to be a spoiler because he doesn't like The Donald.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 05:25PM

Mitt knows how to speak platitudes to Mormons who know how to think they're Great, Inspirational-inspired.

Who's going to oppose him?
and, how much will DT support him, $, talk, and/or a campaign visit?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 05:27PM by GNPE.

Date: February 19, 2018 06:28PM

If Trump smart, he'd get an iron-glad promise from mittens not to oppose him in '20 for support now.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 10:23AM

Hmmm, we all should know how great the people of Utah are. The majority of them believe that a child (C-H-I-L-D--CHILD!) living with a gay parent is not worthy in the sight of God to belong to his "kingdom." And if they don't believe it, they are vile enough to support those who try to pass their homophobic vitriol as the word of God. THESE are the people of Utah.

Yes, there are many people in Utah who DO NOT think that way or accept such horrible persecution of children. But when he's talking about the people of Utah as a whole, he's referring to the majority.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 07:16PM

Romney is currently under discussion on the WaPo:

"Romney faces complicated path as he begins run for Senate seat"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/romney-faces-complicated-path-as-he-begins-run-for-senate-seat/2018/02/20/bc68fc0e-166b-11e8-930c-45838ad0d77a_story.html?utm_term=.79ac31b5e3ba

So far, I don't think there is a single positive reader's comment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2018 07:17PM by 3X.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 08:08PM

In another thread, I suggested that he might be positioning himself to kneecap DJT by primarying him in 2020, since Presidents who face a primary challenge are especially vulnerable. (Johnson/McCarthy, Carter/Kennedy, Ford/Regan). Lots Wife agreed with me, but from a different angle.

Regarding carpetbagging, so what? Bobby Kennedy and Hilary Clinton both carpetbagged into NY.Jay Rockefeller moved to West Virginia, and when that didn't work, became a liberal Demoncrat! Elizabeth Dole, a DC fixture, moved "back home" to Kansas for a Senate seat. The issue is natural constituencies, hence WMR & LDS-Utah.

Date: February 20, 2018 08:29PM

Looks like an opportunity for Utah voters to Break the Mold...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.