Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 10:08AM

Our family had a mini reunion of sorts that Christmastime in Ogden, Utah. One brother was in the Navy, on home for leave. An aunt was visiting from out of state. And I'd converged on Grandma's house as a fledgling undergraduate via the Greyhound bus that winter connecting my city to hers, for the holidays.

Grandma's was the perfect winter getaway for us to be together during the holiday season. We ate, played games, shared stories, played music, shopped, and slept under the same roof - in grandma's cozy Cape Cod.

At breakfast on Christmas morning my aunt, brother, and myself sat around the breakfast table as we each relayed a poignant dream we'd had the night before. The dreams were vivid, as if someone were reaching out to us from the heavens and granting our wildest wishes as we slept.

Auntie's was she had won a designer bedroom set that she adored. My brother's was something specific to his wishful thinking, but I cannot recall now what it was his dream was about. Mine was that I was driving a sports coupe Mercedes Benz, brand shiny new with a [future New York] license plate of 999 999. That style of license plate was not yet in existence in NYS. It would be several years later. In the dream I was cruising down the middle lane of a three lane city road driving my automobile, enjoying the freedom and the ride. :-)

Grandma also had some strange dream like the rest of us did. Can't recall what hers was either, other than we each had a vivid dream of having a wish granted to us while we slept.

It had been my dream in college as an undergrad to have a Mercedes sports coupe, the same style that I dreamt about during that Christmas night.

Fast forward several years to post-college graduation, a move away from the west coast to the east coast, where I established roots in New York as a young adult starting out on my own.

My very first automobile that I owned wasn't a Mercedes sports coupe. But the license plate? Was an exact rendering of the one I'd dreamt about in the Christmas dream at grandma's house that one winter. It had 999 in the same format, lettering and coloring of the one in my dream. It wasn't a license plate I pre-selected. It was literally "the luck of the draw" at DMV.

I've kept those license plates to this day. They've been with me for nearly three decades. I still haven't owned a Mercedes sports coupe (did my dreams change somewhat?!) I have however owned a Volvo Turbo sports coupe that was as fast as any race car I've ever had a desire to drive.

The dreams themselves made breakfast table conversation, owing to their singularity and that we'd each been given one during the night. Almost like a "gift" from someone with a sense of humor and love watching over us. Was it "Father Christmas," or "Father Time?" It doesn't really matter. It was a present "in" time to each of us gathered at the breakfast table that morning with more than a good night's sleep between us to share as we celebrated Christmas morning as a family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 11:08AM

Interesting story. I don't remember my dreams very much. I don't care for them nor thing they mean anything anyway. Just a brain process as your mind moves short term to long term memory space.

Be sure to get the 8 hours a day and not interrupt the backup process.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 11:43AM

Date: February 16, 2018 04:10PM

TBM grandmother had that gift. It passed down to me somewhat as a shared trait.

If my other grandmother had such a gift/trait she didn't talk about it. She did write a poem at age 18 about a son she didn't have yet, that actually unfolded years later after she'd passed away as my uncle (her only son,) turned into a fugitive felon from the law. Her poem was about a son that went to prison for some heinous deed. And how she hung her head and sighed, in sorrow and shame, "And I, his mother."

I was given a dream about said uncle in the weeks and months leading up to his looting the town where my children and I reside in upstate NY - of split deposit theft of our banks. It was a warning dream with only a clue as to who the perpetrator was. It didn't identify my uncle.

Two weeks later uncle came to visit to take my children on a week long vacation through our region. While he was here he put on the exact same pair of eyeglasses that were the only clue in my dream as to who the bad guy was who was trying to kidnap one of my children. I'd never seen those glasses before or since. They were some expensive gadget he special ordered that flashed red and green lights into his eyes at bedtime to balance his left brain with his right brain. (This is factual, not the dream part.)

After the warning dream came and went, after the week long vacation with my children came and went; uncle came back to our hometown six months later unbeknownst to us and looted our banks of split deposit theft. My children and I were the only ones in a two million population area to identify him on Crimestoppers once police became aware he'd looted our banks. Eight branches in 3-4 days of close to $40,000. That warning dream months earlier was given to me to protect my children and alert me that my uncle had become a stranger to us.

That's one more reason I believe there's guardian angels watching over us. I was able to cut off all ties to said uncle. He's a sociopath. My grandmother's poem at age 18 was prophetic. She just didn't know it then.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2018 04:23PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 08:39PM

I've learned to recognize the dreams. They are always different in some way.

My Christmas memories of family are that my aunt had a Christmas party every year at her house until she died 8 years ago. I attended those parties all my life.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 08:51PM

I love my dreams. They are always in color and are sometimes prophetic. Glad to know I'm not the lone ranger on that one!

Date: February 16, 2018 09:07PM

:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.