Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: June 02, 2011 11:26PM

Although I was surrounded by it all the time when I was an active Churchco member, I realize now that all of the corporate-style lingo used in the Church (which I like to call "Churchco" because it basically operates like the Costco of organized U.S.-based religions), creeped me out.

Committees for this and that. Correlation. Programs--lots and lots of programs. Everything's a "program." Home teaching statistics.

But now I kind of like the way that they use the word "program" to describe most of the routines that are officially promoted by the Churchco executives. They are indeed essentially "programming" religious robots. They are not in the business of helping unique individuals develop deeper spirituality and insights and make their way through unique paths of spiritual learning.

They are programming people to perform routines, to be interchangeable and to be quick to mindlessly perform certain religio-botic routines such as testimony bearing: "I know that the Church is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that Presdent Monson is a...bzzzrk...is a bzzzrk...Mon...Mon...I am a chorister...Monson is a Mon...Mon...bzzzrk...Mon..ster...Mon...ster...."

Oh no! The "MonsonProphet chip upgrade" is malfunctioning again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.