Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 10:03AM

She's So High just came on the radio and it made me remember how much I miss his contributions here.
OK, so he's moved on. Whatever. I miss his posts.
There. I said it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 10:08AM

Is there a link to his story that he wrote? I started the first couple chapters, but never read the end.

Also, why did he stop posting here? I always enjoyed his posts.

Date: June 03, 2011 10:15AM

and maybe they will post a link for you. He moved over to PostMormon.org for awhile and I think he just didn't have the need to work through his recovery on the boards anymore. Our loss as he was probably one of the most articulate posters ever. He certainly got the attention of the apologists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 10:16AM by kookoo4kokaubeam.

Date: June 06, 2011 09:41AM

Yep, he's moved on. Here is a little bit from his March 2011 entry from his blog:

"I popped in to the local pub The Irish Times to check out my buddies playing, and I bumped into a couple of guys from the club, K and G. We got to talking, and the subject of Mormonism, my former religion, came up.

I didn't really want to get into the church - I've long since tired of talking about it, for the most part - but I just said, "Well, it was really devastating...to make a long story short, I discovered that it wasn't true".

BTW, thanks for T-Bone for the blog info.

Posted by: german lurker ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 03:01PM

> Is there a link to his story that he wrote? I started the first couple chapters, but never read the end.

http://salamandersociety.com/interviews/talbachman/

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 03:08PM

Riverman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there a link to his story that he wrote? I
> started the first couple chapters, but never read
> the end.
>
> Also, why did he stop posting here? I always
> enjoyed his posts.
On Post Mo, he made the comment that he had some issues with RFM. The only one that I can remember is that he hated the format here and thought it was cumbersome and oldfashioned.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 11:41AM

Is he always this way? All I was doing was thanking him for coming and speaking.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 02:52PM

Curiously, during our one-on-one phone conversation he broke into singing at certain points along the way to make his point--which is what he's good at: singing and making points. :)

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 04:09PM

cludgie Wrote:
> Is he always this way?

No, I don't think so. I'm sorry that happened.

I met Tal once at a group dinner up here in Western Canada. A thunderstorm had snarled traffic as power was out and traffic lights had died. Tal talked to me via cell phone while I was trying to get to the restaurant through the storm and the jams and he recited step-by-step instructions after I got lost due to my innate perpetually geographically-challenged state of being (plus it was soooooo dark I got very disoriented). I finally arrived, an hour late, drenched, to find myself already a couple of beers behind the others. I remember the female bar staff swooning because Tal was in the room. He did look fine and I found him to be charming, funny, interesting, entertaining and a great storyteller. Easy on the eyes too, I must say.

Lots of water under the bridge since then though, a lot of it choppy for him, I'm guessing.

I miss his posts too. So thought-provoking, so articulate, so poignant.

Tal seems like a great dad, from what I've read. Here's hoping that the joy of the kids carries him through into a great new life. He deserves it.

The Mormon Church is indeed hemorrhaging its finest. Say what you will - Tal was one devoted member.

It has been said that the more the apologists criticize you, the bigger threat they consider you to be. I have noticed how they have attacked Tal and Bob McCue, for just two examples. Their weapons are howls of outrage, pretended innocence, rewritten history, and character attacks on their "critics". I've seen many of them do that to Bob and Tal. At least in Bob's case they had to remove the most blatant erroneous character assassinations from at least one Mormon-connected web site.

Those were some exciting, and eye-opening, times for onlookers. Not so easy for the innocent exmo targets though.

I miss posters like Tal and Bob and Randy J and Deconstructor. I wish them all well and hope they are enjoying their ex/post mo lives.

Posted by: Dan ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 12:47PM

because of all the personal stuff going on in his life? His former stake president said this, Tal said that, and on and on. Then the divorce and all the family stuff?

I'm sure he is past all that now and Mormonism is not an issue with him, but I know for a while the family stuff was pretty tough on him. I have no information, just remembering all that stuff he went through for a bit.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 02:40PM

He is on Facebook and now divorced. I don't think he is on any of the ex Mo forums

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 03:45PM

bona dea Wrote:
> He is now divorced.

I am so sorry to hear this. I didn't know.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 02:42PM

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 10:52PM

Yup he has a blog:

tbachman dot blogspot dot com

I read it sometimes. I think he is an artist at heart, and he seems to enjoy writing. I enjoy reading what he writes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.