Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 06:38PM

Ok Jehovah's witness are a lot more aggressive than Mormons! This guy must have been a elder and I asked why don't you do blood transfusions? And he just started doing this look this up,look that up! You belong to Satan earth! And I said do you know that the Jehovah's witness shun anyone who breaks their rules?entire families are broken apart! And got apostates belong to Satan now

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 22, 2018 06:41PM

Both the Mormons and Jehovah's witness are cults but Mormons are cowards! Jehovah's witness study a lot more, tract 80 hours, they are aggressive and if you ask anything they won't answer you but change the topic or walk off,and I said to this guy you are in a cult and the Jehovah's witness are a dangerous cult!and got well I will survive armoggedeon and you will die in it

Date: February 22, 2018 06:42PM

Yep don't talk to the Jehovah's witness! A lot more aggressive than Mormons

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 07:07PM

I just say, "Leave me alone. I'm not talking to you. Goodbye." Then I'd close the door, hang up the phone, or just keep walking.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen2.0 ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 08:09PM

...yeah, don't talk to them, but the member spouses are trained to snitch and sell you out. Me and my best friend would sit out front of his house after work and drink a few beers. The wife was sick of me, (for good reason); so she called in the JW heavy-hitter elders. They came over and did a guilt-tripping number on my buddy......a few weeks later the wife was counseled to get a divorce.

...they said it was in the best interest of the family. Go figure.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/families/

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 07:01PM

So far the 3 JW couples that came around door to door, all 3 had exmos as husbands, and the 'women' in 2 of 3 cases did all the talking.

I will let them in when TBM wife is not home, I think it is a blast to tell them they are wrong and tell the exmos they were wrong again.

Sometimes I have had some limited success in getting them (the exmos) to really seek God. The wives in those cases were 'very anxious' to get their exmo husbands away from me quick.

Posted by: F. Allguy-Scapegoatian ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 07:09PM

A JW women tried to give me a leaflet outside a hospital a couple of years ago. She had her little son with her and he was bored and told mommy that he wanted to go home.

Date: February 22, 2018 07:35PM

They are mean and very aggressive! I regret running into him and asking are you Mormon?

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen2.0 ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 07:58PM

...plenty of child abuse allegations regarding the JW's. JW church explanation seem eerily similar to LDS leaders. Court cases reveal leadership attorneys presenting same talking points as LDS. Pedophile creeps are everywhere........be careful.

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/child-abuse-settlements.php

Date: February 22, 2018 10:51PM

I live in emotional, verbal and spiritual abuse everyday, I don't like Jehovah's witness, they are very mean and if you ask any questions they ignore you! Makes Mormons look like sheep and Jehovah's witness are pitbulls ready to attack, such a dangerous cult

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 11:25PM

I had a different experience with 3 women J.W. several weeks ago, who I invited into my house. I am a good debater, so their chatter doesn't bother me.

At any rate, they decided to leave within 20 minutes or so, and moreover, (by happenstance) left behind a nice ball-bearing pen on my couch. (So, I'm ahead as of now.)

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 11:37PM

The JW's are absurd because their leaders are a bunch of old men who are out of touch with reality, who refuse to be honest/transparent, and who refuse to address the questions of their critics & thus we should assume that the reason why their. Wacky issues are so wacky is because they show that they are wrong. Furthermore, their efforts to keep their adherents blinded is telling. If you are ever tempted to assimilate with them then run, run, run.

They are like the Scientologists in all those ways. Likewise stay away from them.

About Mormons, if we were the same then I would say the same thing. However I am a product of their Correlation program so I am well indoctrinated to eschew Doubts immediately. This means that rather than saying for you to "run away" I say "get assimilated because I am not approved by the Beloved middlemen of the Brethren to do anything but stay assimilated and get everyone else assimilated" :)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 11:50PM

If you ran onto them in Salt Lake they were probably my relatives.

Date: February 23, 2018 12:21AM

Haha and the Jehovah's witness would knock on everydoor in Utah and get oh you are Jehovah's witness? Have a book of Mormon! The was mean to like I said something offensive! Oh I forgot Jehovah's witness are very judgmental, arrogant people who think only they are true and everyone who is not a Jehovah's witness will die! What a nice cult haha

Date: February 23, 2018 12:24AM

Not plus that they shun anyone who doesn't keep their stupid rules! Bunch of arrogant people to shun someone who breaks the rules! Like if they listen to patriotic music they are shunned in front of everyone! And they won't be part of the so called 14,00000! I looked it all up

Date: February 23, 2018 12:25AM

I ran into them at the library, almost hit me with their car!but of course they didn't care!

Date: February 23, 2018 12:27AM

I feel bad for small kids of Jehovah's witness, you can't have a birthday at all but just tract everywhere,

Posted by: helenm ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 01:19AM

I feel you. I feel sorry for all Jehovah's Witnesses because the cult robs them of their life and the simple pleasures life has to offer. Jehovah's Witnesses don't want their followers going to obtain a university education. It's sad being a JW child because they can easily feel left out or ostracized in school and outside the cult. They even have this crazy long list of books and movies banned.

Posted by: helenm ( )
Date: February 24, 2018 03:52AM

And they don't believe God talks to people or that people can have a personal relationship with God which is not true and is really sad.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 01:16AM

A little over ten years ago a couple of JWs knocked and their talk was about the 911 attack in NYC.

They said we didn't know what it was like to have been involved in the situation and how many of the survivors flocked to the JW church in search of comfort.

I told them to wait a moment, I came back with my id's for from FEMA to enter the WTC site. I worked there for a month in support of the FDNY, MY PC and the NY/NJ Port Authority.

When the JWs saw that I experienced the disaster their tune turned and they shook my hand and thanked me for my service to the victims, the people of NYC and to the country.

Then they left.

About six weeks later the lead JW was back with a different assistant. The lead just wanted his assistant to meet me and to shake my hand.

They left and I haven't seen them since.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 04:37AM

What car were you driving? Did you hit any of them?

Date: February 23, 2018 07:49PM

I was walking in the parking lot and they were driving a small car and driving fast and almost hit me, it was brown, I was quite upset but they didn't care! We will get people for Jehovah!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 05:48AM

They seem to be more aggressive in their recruitment efforts lately. I guess they are having the same troubles that the Mormon missionaries are having in selling their message.

Date: February 23, 2018 07:52PM

I wander why? They are very aggressive and never back off, and people read about the Jehovah's witness and don't want to be one, they don't knock on everydoor like Mormons, you go to jaw.org and put in want a bible study and they come, they even called me!and said no sorry but not interested

Date: February 23, 2018 07:54PM

There is a video of ex jw starting a flash mob in jw kingdom halls about all the victims that have been abused by this cult, they were kicked out! They shun anyone who breaks any rules and you won't make it to their 14.00000 at all

Date: February 23, 2018 07:56PM

My friend become a Jehovah's witness when I was 9 and one day I couldn't see her anymore, it was hard but her parents were meeting with the Jehovah's witness and the kids were not happy, they were miserable, no birthday, Santa or anything

Date: February 23, 2018 07:57PM

I always say you go into the kingdom halls of doom you can't leave!

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 10:26AM

Some great EXJW activists, taking the facts and truth direct to JW's.

'I'm Worldly' Zebs Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szByMe7b1r8

Down with the Tower- ex JW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQtyC799J2k

There are many others too linked to the Vast Apostate Army (a collaboration of exJW's rising up to oppose the Watchtower child abuse policies that protect suspect paedophiles (two witness rule), the Shunning that destroys families and lives and other issues like deception, misinformation, whitewashing history, bible misinterpretation etc

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 11:59AM

JW's, in general, are just an odd bunch. Their windowless church buildings always freak me out. Who knows what goes on inside.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2018 11:59AM by rubi123.

Posted by: TX Rancher ( )
Date: February 24, 2018 02:43AM

They are an odd bunch...take any opportunity to proselyte.

I was helping my Vietnamese girlfriend to buy a car once. Some young guy selling his car and we test drove it...it wasn't in good condition and I told him that we had concerns. We would continue to look. Once he knew this he said, "You know, it's not good for a man and a woman to be alone together--it's sinning in God's eyes."

I can't remember how I knew he was YW and I certainly don't know how we weren't married (although she was a lot younger than me). Made me laugh because my gaydar went off and I'm thinking why he is concerned about our sex life and he's clearly not living up to the standards of his own cult (_not that there's anything wrong with that_ lol)

Any opportunity to criticize despite your own sins, well, hallmark of the cult.

Posted by: anonyXMo ( )
Date: February 24, 2018 07:31AM

Jehovah's Witless

Date: February 25, 2018 06:48PM

Love that one

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: February 25, 2018 07:22AM

Can't quote any references, but I've heard that many JWs have a sort of mild disdain or contempt for non-JWs; and would prefer not to interact with them at all except that door-to-door proselytizing is a fundamental scriptural requirement.
I've seen them around the neighborhood occasionally here in suburban PHX, and they actually rang the bell once. I told them I admired their dedication but I wasn't interested. They seemed almost relieved, and departed without further discussion.
Of course I'll be burning in Hell someday, and they may have been taking private pleasure at that prospect--but if I understand their theology correctly, most of them will be there too; so maybe we'll meet again.

Posted by: randygalbraith ( )
Date: February 25, 2018 04:20PM

Hi Backseater,

>>I've heard that many JWs have a sort of mild disdain or contempt for non-JWs;<<

As one of Jehovah's Witnesses we were friendly towards those outside the faith, always thinking that perhaps an opportunity would arise to "share the truth." However if a non-JW attempts to befriend a JW who is serious about their faith, they'll soon notice a sense of aloofness, unless of course, one gives an indication of interest in joining.

Not far from the mind of most JWs is Bible verses like James 4:4 which reads, "Adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is making himself an enemy of God." (NWT) It was no uncommon to hear phrases like "oh, but he is worldly" or "my worldly relatives." In the JW mindset the whole world is under the control of Satan (Rev 12:9) who is the "god of this system of things" (2 Cor 4:4).

Thus while JWs work and live among non-JWs, they generally keep themselves socially isolated. Refusing participation in common things like singing the national anthem, voting, celebrating common items like birthdays and Christmas further isolates the JW socially.

Although JWs have a unique theology, to them, it is entirely derived from the Bible. Study of the Bible using JWs publications was a paramount concern for the initial group. Details of prophetic patterns of types and anti-types filled their books. Thus it is ironic that the modern group has largely moved into a simplified lower-grade-level material. Given that JWs generally are not well educated and have often discouraged college and university education for their members this seems like a natural outcome.

I see many parallels between Mormons and JWs, having both got their start in America as new religious movements (1830s for Mormons and 1870s for JWs). It seems the mainline Mormon church has become more integrated into the community, whereas JWs continue to emphasize separation.

In any regards, I'll always be grateful for the Ex-Mormon community and sites like this, that allowed me, as a JW, to explore a similar faith and see why people left.

It has been 10 years since I left JWs with my wife and children. Some aspects of my JW life was enjoyable, friendships, etc, but I'm glad to have it past me now. When people ask what should I say to a JW who calls by, I simply recommend being kind, but don't accept their literature (you could download it, if you wanted that), because what is important is the person, not the religion.

Cheers,
-Randy

Date: February 25, 2018 06:44PM

They probably shunned you now and for the Jehovah's witnesses you are going to die with everyone else, my friend and her family become Jehovah's witnesses when I was in 4th grade, she could no longer be my friend and it was hard but that is what the Jehovah's witnesses do pull everyone away from the worldly world

Date: February 25, 2018 06:48PM

I pranked called the Jehovah's witnesses one time when I was meeting with the missionaries and asked do you want a book of Mormon? And got we have the bible and won't accept such pagan lititure, I feel bad for them and they shun so many people for anything! Once you are shunned you are about dead to the Jehovah's witnesses and are a apostate

Date: February 27, 2018 08:49AM

Hi crazyhorse,

Yes, unfortunately I do face some shunning. For the most part it doesn't matter. I left the faith in 2007, but moved from North Phoenix to Chandler in 2010. So no JWs in this area know me and I don't know them. The biggest challenge is some close family and friends in Canada that feel compelled to shun. We do our best to keep the door open, sending pictures. I even attending "memorial" (once per year special event for JWs, that occurs around Easter time) to demonstrate I seek no harm towards their faith.

JWs who shun do so out of obedience and misguided "tough love."

Cheers,
-Randy

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: February 25, 2018 10:17AM

They don’t believe in standing for the National Anthem, saying the pledge of allegiance , singing the National Anthem, displaying the flag, serve in the military, give blood, etc
The ones we saw in our old neighbourhood, ( Kingdom Hall few miles away) would walk pass all of the houses that had a flag displayed, or military tags on the car, or stickers supporting the military.

Posted by: Some Name ( )
Date: February 26, 2018 06:48AM

I respect their stance on the flag thing very much. Oddly enough there are one or two tbings JWs have achieved for freedom despite all the other dodginess.

Posted by: Some Name ( )
Date: February 26, 2018 06:47AM

Just be nice to them. Some people are mean to them. They are people too with feelings - "thanks but no thanks" is better than "f* off".

Date: February 27, 2018 09:04AM

Hi Some Name,

Amen! There are many good reasons to be kind. All JWs are compelled to go door-to-door, but many of them actually don't enjoy it at all. Some are very fearful that someone will ask them a hard question they can't answer. Steven Hassan, author of Combating Cult Mind Control, emphasizes the concept of two personalities. There is outward JW personality and the inner actual person. For this reason I recommend being kind, and take the focus away from any JW materials. The JW narrative that the wold world is wicked and true love exists only within the brotherhood is powerfully countered when people are simply nice.

Cheers,
-Randy

Posted by: Eric3 ( )
Date: February 27, 2018 07:36PM

They're heavily pressured to log big hours proselytizing.

It's like a mission that never ends.

And I mean heavily pressured.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: February 28, 2018 09:24AM

I dated one once. He would tee off on me and say, "Well, I can show you where it says in the Bible [insert whatever controlling crap he wanted me to buy into]."

So I called his bluff. "Okay, then. Show me. Let's study it out. Let's read what came before and after the scripture you want to show me just to make sure you're interpreting it in correct context."

And then he shut the fuck up.

LOL

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.