Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 08:56PM

Your treasure hunting days are over 'cause you been busted and are on probation... you turn to sage business advice, the key to success and wealth beyond measure (with no seed money):

Find a need and fill it...

begat

Create a need and fill it

begat

Find a fear and soothe it... the selling of not dying

begat

Create a fear and soothe it... the promise of eternal families

Before I ever saw a missionary, it never occurred to me that I could "lose" people in the afterlife. I assumed that heaven would not be heaven without my loved ones, so it was obvious that they would be there.

I don't know why I let those young men make me afraid and then capitalize on my love for my children by selling me a plastic card.

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 09:25PM

business model. You, know, where representatives of the local crime boss go to a small business owner and offer to provide protection from crime for a monthly fee. If the small business owner doesn't pay up, other representatives (or sometimes the same representatives) of the same local crime boss burn the place down, burglarize or otherwise trash the business. Astute members of the community soon realize that the crime boss who offers the protection (always for a fee) from crime is typically also the source of the crime.

CHURCHCO (aka, the LDS Church) does this on a psychological level.

(1) They make up the problem: various bad scenarios that await people in the afterlife who don't follow the rules in this life.

(2) They hope people will believe the problem as described and react in fear: "OMG! How can I avoid those awful punishments? Where can I find the rules?"

(3) They then sell the "solution": "Well, you are in so much good luck. You just happen to be speaking with representatives of the ONLY organization on Earth that possesses the full and authorized book of rules. You can't get it anywhere else. First thing is you need to get baptized. Then there's this really, really important rule called tithing...."

Posted by: 2DTOP ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 12:06PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.