Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 05:43AM

Cultovision.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 01:07PM

LOL!

Now in Techno-conversion reality!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 01:22PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2018 01:25PM by caffiend.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 11:37AM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 01:43PM

I'm just waiting for more episodes (I hope they plan on doing them).

Posted by: stellam ( )
Date: March 15, 2018 08:18PM

A third season has been confirmed!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 11:55AM

But, but, but, they have a chrischun cross on their dome.

How bad can they really be?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 12:02PM

Do they have a 45k students university named after a murderer in the desert somewhere?

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 12:05PM

Do you need a tv or and antenna to get it, or can they just stream it to the voices in their heads?

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 12:37PM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 12:46PM

I was originally going to say something like, "My satellite system will never carry this!"

But then I remembered they carry BYU TV (even though I don't want it). And a couple dozen other "religious" channels (even though I don't want 'em).

So if scientology pays the sat company enough, I'm sure they'll carry it. And I'll ignore it, like I do with BYU TV. :)

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 01:23PM

Brings to mind the Christian Science church which tried to get their own cable channel, "Monitor TV" (a.k.a.Christian Science Monitor). When it was a "daily international newspaper," that was more news analysis than reporting, it was called "the newspaper that everybody respects but nobody reads."

It never got off the ground. The CS "Mother Church" put millions into their copy-cat NPR cable system. Two years later, everything was sold off at fire-sale prices. At least AL-gore soaked his "Current TV" to Al-Jazreera for a good profit, one fake religion suckering another.

When the Diarhetics Channel is flushed of all its cash, maybe they can sell the excreta to TSCC. Anything can happen.

--the Level-X Operating Cretin Fiend

Posted by: anon 4 now ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 01:37PM

Saw an ad for it last night. DirecTV will be carrying it. Sigh.

Not gonna add it to my list o'channels.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 06:17PM

I remember the Christian Science monitor on shortwave radio , before everything went digital.
I loved shortwave listening, mine even had a nice air band, where you could hear pilots and the control tower.
I even picked up one way conversations when we lived on the base, and those weird number stations. All they did was recite numbers.
The only thing I didn’t like was the next night, it’d be gone from that same station and time

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 07:25PM

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: March 15, 2018 09:45AM

I actually heard an Ad for this on the radio this morning. They are sponsoring the traffic report on a local Mpls radio station.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 15, 2018 02:41PM

Hope it doesn't get added to my SAT package up here....more fucking wasted bandwidth.

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: March 15, 2018 07:25PM

And she mentions Jehovah's Witnesses as a possible topic:

“We’ve been getting an overwhelming amount of emails and people contacting us through [social media] about other cults that are similar [to Scientology], so I’m looking into that,” she said, adding that she was digging into an associate’s tip about Jehovah’s Witnesses that compared the denomination to a “diet Sea Org.” The Sea Org is Scientology’s religious order composed of “individuals who have committed their lives to the volunteer service of their religion,” according to the Scientology website.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/14/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath-renewed-for-season-3/

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: March 15, 2018 08:40PM

A channel of Scientology apologetics, "Dianetics" infomercials, donation demands, and showings of "Battlefield Earth?"
Nooooo thank you!

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: March 15, 2018 10:04PM

Hahaha. “The only channel brave enough to show repeated viewings of Battlefield Earth and that crazy infomercial with Tom Cruise set to Mission Impossible music!”

Source on the Tom Cruise video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0

You just know they’d only be able to afford the rights to air the old crappy Tom Cruise movies, like the outsiders or risky business or days of thunder.

Not that his new crappy movies are gems or anything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2018 10:07PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 15, 2018 10:34PM

Tom Cruise is STILL IN?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.