Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 11:48PM

Today is/was my 51st birthday. I've been thinking about resigning for years, and now, just 5 minutes ago, I did it! I will not spend my 52nd year as a member of a harmful abomination of a cult. I'd been waiting to do it on a proper occasion, such as my birthday or Independence Day. Even my dog's birthday would have been good.
Happy dance!
Susan

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 11:53PM

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 12:14AM

Congrats! Life starts new at 51. I wonder what your next adventure will be?

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 01:16AM

Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 01:45AM

Best to you on your new life of freedom.

Hope to see you a lot around here now!

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 02:21AM

Hooray!! My exit process (starting last December) lasted about two months. More recent posters have reported shorter times. For my curiosity, could you let us know when you get your final letter?

Again, good for you!

Date: June 06, 2011 01:56PM

Thank you I will!
Susan

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 03:05AM

You go mama!

Work it!

Posted by: fifteensixty ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 03:12AM

Isnt it great to know that the whole World is full of brothers. and sisters. Love is not contained to the mormon bubble. Three cheers for BRAVEHEART.

Date: June 04, 2011 08:09PM

I resigned by email following the directions on the first page of the website. I basically cut and paste and added a few things as follows:

"My full name is Susan Xxxx xxxx. My date of birth is June 3, 1960. I was baptised June something 1985 and I do not know my membership number. I am sure you can locate it.
I reside at zzzxxx, ssssss. The local Mormon group is in ssss, in the same Morton building as a tavern, but I do not know the name of it nor the name of the bishop or branch president, nor do I care to.
As I said, I should not be contacted save to receive confirmation of my resignation. I do own a garden hose."

For years I have wanted to list my issues with the morg, but when it came down to it, it just doesn't matter. There are too many anyhow and this seemed as good as it needed to be. And BTW, I really did state June something 1985. I have no idea of the date. And I had to give a nod to Cheryl--thank you! I have thought that was so wonderful!

Thanks for all the good wishes. Today was a good one for being an official ex-mo.

Susan

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:02AM

Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 02:04PM

Now you've given me ideas. I want to keep a super soaker squirt gun by the front door, full and pumped and ready. When the missionaries come by, I'll open the door and simply start a countdown. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, *hold the trigger down*.

For those wearing dark pants, I'll squirt directly in the face. For those wearing light pants, I'll squirt in the crotch so it will look like they've pee'd their pants.

Do you think chasing them a bit would be a nice touch?

You see! Life can be really fun out of Mormonism.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 10:41AM

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 10:45AM

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 01:51PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.