Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 09:29PM

They can't have it both ways, can they? A resurrected human being doesn't show up in a kid's room, floating and glowing, and not waking up 3 or 4 other people. And since he was originally noted as Nephi, that's a big boo-boo; how could a "careless scribe" write the wrong name, if he was a faithful church member he should have known the CORRECT history of JS' FIRST SUPER IMPORTANT VISITATION!

It seems like there's a resurrected being popping every 5 minutes in Mormonism, with Jesus, John, Peter, and just about every other bible rock star making appearances more often than an aging TV actor at supermarket openings.

And a final thought: Oliver Cowdery said he witnessed at least a couple of these sightings--what entheogens was he imbibing??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 09:40PM

He was an Italian Renaissance painter, no shit!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Battista_Moroni

Date: March 16, 2018 09:59PM

Hell, I’m a better painter than Joseph Smith was a prophet! :)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 17, 2018 03:18PM

If they don't do well be me while I'm alive - in this moment, RIGHT NOW - they can forget about my being a "GOOD" angel 'later'.

MORONi was a dualing angel.
The kind manipulation Joe needed.
To help him pervert 'the "church"', after himself.

M@t

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 10:36PM

He should have been a God if he was so damn faithful in life. Instead he was a messenger boy for a hick kid in western New York.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2018 03:53AM by donbagley.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 17, 2018 12:53AM

Moroni was a human being, and then an angel. Do Mormons think of angels as beings in some form of intermediate state between human death and eventual godhood?

If Moroni was that good a servant of Elohim, could he have advanced further in exaltation and be at, or close to, his own godhood?

Are there other LDS characters (Biblical or BoM) whom Mormons regard as further along the road to exaltation?

Date: March 17, 2018 01:36AM

"...with Moroni, a resurrected person of flesh and bones, emerging from the eternal veil..."

Hmmmm....

Date: March 17, 2018 01:43AM

Not sure I follow that, C-N.-B.

Humans are flesh and blood. Elohim and other gods (wherever they may be in the Cosmos) are exalted flesh and blood. Are angels flesh and blood, but of an in-between status?

Date: March 17, 2018 12:10PM

Well, I like what Madeleine L’Engle had to say about angels...”Anytime an angel appears in the Bible, the first words are, “Fear not!” That gives one an idea of what an angel must look like!”

That Moroni never said, “Fear not,” leads me to believe he was no angel.

But, to clarify Caffiend’s question, here’s the official dope from LDS,inc—

Angels
These are messengers of the Lord and are spoken of in the epistle to the Hebrews as “ministering spirits” (Heb. 1:14). We learn from latter-day revelation that there are two classes of heavenly beings who minister for the Lord: those who are spirits and those who have bodies of flesh and bone. Spirits are those beings who either have not yet obtained a body of flesh and bone (unembodied) or who have once had a mortal body and have died and are awaiting the Resurrection (disembodied). Ordinarily the word angel means those ministering persons who have a body of flesh and bone, being either resurrected from the dead (reembodied), or else translated, as were Enoch, Elijah, etc. (D&C 129).

So, let’s hope that the prophet can reveal to us who the seraphim are and their bodily status—the people have a right to know!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2018 12:19PM by BYU Boner.

Date: March 17, 2018 02:18PM

This is embarrassing, but I got a flat tire in western Box Elder County a couple of years ago, about 20 miles south of Lucin, a ghost town (no remaining structures, but it's on the map). I had rented a pathetic SUV, the Jeep Patriot (no longer in production, thankfully).

I pulled the spare out--turned out to be a donut! I had some 35 miles to pavement, and 100 miles to West Wendover and a tire shop.

Where was my ministering angel? Not a wandering Nephite to be be seen anywhere!

I made it, but it sure messed up my outback explorations. Next time I'm taking jacked-up Wrangler with two spares.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 17, 2018 02:10PM

Moroni was a figment of the imagination

Posted by: readwrite-LO ( )
Date: March 17, 2018 03:25PM

thedesertrat1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Moroni was a figment of the imagination

That's what I'm saying

Date: March 17, 2018 05:28PM

"Joseph, are you up there masturbating again!?"

"No, Mom, I'm....uhhhh....having a...a heavenly visitation!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.