Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 01:44PM

Heber Kimball had his Wife and Daughter Test of Faith. My ancestor Zina Jacobs had her Two Husband Test of Faith. As time in Mormonism has passed the bar (unlike for missionaries) has lowered significantly for the Mormon Test of Faiths.

Today, in Modernity the Mormon Test of Faith is largely mundane - menial labor.

Not that this test hasn't always existed in Mormonism, it has, but with Mormonism as big as it is (one of a few megacults) the Mormon faithful just can be asked to give up a wife, daughter or marry more than one man at the same time even if it were just "spiritually."

So, having had actual paid janitors in the past, the faithful of Mormonism are asked to be janitors in their spare time. I myself did it once.

It wasn't hard work and I didn't clean toilets, but it did make me reflect upon how committed I was to this theology.

Not so much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 06:18PM

I did, just this morning as a matter of fact! My auxiliary was in charge this month and because I am a counselor I was the "leader" this morning. It totally sucked! I'm still in the closet in regards to my religious beliefs, out of respect for my husband. He knows and he said he just needs more time before I go inactive. Although, I know today was the LAST time I'll ever clean an LDS church building.

I have a question for the men...the men's room was way worse than the ladies room. What's up with that?!

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 06:22PM

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 06:24PM

I pay my tithes it is my right?

Posted by: bad aim ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 06:40PM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 08:29PM

If you're going to say "because men are pigs", then I'm going to say "because cleaning is women's work". Tit for tat my dear.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 07:06PM

And Elder's apartments in the mission field are always way dirtier than sister missionaries' apartments. Our MP was always griping about the messy Elders.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 07:07PM

exmollymo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a question for the men...the men's room was way worse than the ladies room. What's up with that?!

I had a job as a young woman where part of it involved cleaning the men's restroom. I wanted to put targets on the urinals. The guys had no freaking aim. lol

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 08:16PM

I personally prefer to let it dangle and see if I can write my name or draw a picture.
Things, I used to do when I bartended.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 01:46PM

If their magic fails to bless your life, you are supposed to endure their "callings", "tithings", "offerings", and "cleanings" so your "calling and election" to Celestial sex and the right to see your family again is made sure.

Interesting, their "made sure" isn't even "sure."

So you pay in monies and work for the hope that their after life pipe dreams will come true, not to mention how you have to live your life according to their standards of behavior and morality.

You are a cog in their machine and if you wear out of turning for them, they have an aggressive cog replacement program(missionary.)

Posted by: barristiababe ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 08:11PM

The men are afraid if they touch themselves to aim, they might get certian feelings, and have to put the little factory to work!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.