Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: roxydog1312 ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 07:22PM

My daughter was out walking her dog in a park near her house. She had her ipod going and had earphones in her ears. A couple of elders stopped her and asked if she knew about the book of mormon. She said yes. (Daughter was blessed as a baby but never baptized. She had been to church a few times, but mostly is very anti mormon, since she knows my story.)

Anyway they asked her if she had read the BOM, and she said, some of it. They asked what she thought of it. She said, well it's a long story and it's none of your business. With that, she popped her earphones back in her ears and went on with her walk, leaving a couple mishies with their mouths hanging open.

She txted me about it. Said she wished she had said, no thank you, I don't want to join a brainwashing cult today! Unfortunately she's like me and thinks of the perfect thing to say after the fact. However, what she did say was pretty dam good. I thought that was hilarious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 07:25PM

Good on your daughter!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 07:32PM

I've always wanted the missionaries to ask me what I knew about the church or the Book of Mormon. I see them in WalMart all the time when I'm buying coffee or other items that give away I'm not LDS but they've never approached. I've got my answer all prepared. I'm going to say "I know more than you boys do. In fact, if you knew what I knew, you wouldn't be wasting your life slaving for it. You'd be on the next plane home."

Good for your daughter for saying "none of your business". I love stories of people who set boundaries.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 07:38PM

Oh, me too. That's so frustrating. 3:00 in the morning and the perfect thing to say hits you.

They must be really curious about what exactly was none of their business. hehe

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:13AM

"none of your business" is the _perfect_ response to a pushy mormon, missionary or otherwise.

Short, sweet, and disempowering.

--------------------------

Posted by: roxydog1312 ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 11:53AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.