Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: June 04, 2011 08:22PM

Col. Moroni was backing out of my driveway earlier today and a young man visiting his aunt across the street was backing up at the same time. You guessed it , a little fender bender. The Col.'s car was scratched a bit, no real damage, but this young man's car had a huge dent in it.

The police came, no tickets were given, each was left for the responsibility to take care of his own car.

I looked into this young man's eyes and they were red and I knew he was near tears, and I said "At least no one ran over a child, (Col. M's son was killed in a car accident at age 9) it is just a car and car's can be fixed."

Then he said the words that tore my heart out," But this was MY baby, it is my very first car and I paid cash for it, I just feel so bad and wish I would have been more careful." I gave him a little sideways hug, but my heart ached for him, because I know what it is like to be young and broke. He looked early 20's, and either had a young wife or girlfriend with him, definitely TBM's, and I know that his divorced aunt they were visiting and her teenagers are strict mormons.

I tried to make friends with his aunt when I first got divorced and moved here, but after three tries I gave up. The word gets around somehow that you have left the church and no one really talks to you. It is all about fear, we know that. ( As in "She is possessed by Satan ")

Well, I went back home across the street, and the Col. left to go golfing, and I just felt so bad for this kid. I soon found myself digging into my little stash of cash I keep around the house and took him over a hundred dollar bill. I just told him how sorry I was and that I wanted to help a little with the cost. He was so sweet, gracious, grateful.

The aunt looked a bit, well actually totally, shocked, as I do not think she thinks apostates would generally act in this way. With teary eyes he hugged me gently and must have thanked me at least 3 times. I was happy to be able to do some little thing.

I came home and went on line to see if there was any new mail. Yes, there was. My real estate agent in So. Cal. who has been in Hawaii for nearly a week now had emailed me that the lady from whom I am hopefully buying the little green house on the hill by the ocean had just called him and lowered the price another $4,000. We have not yet made a formal offer yet (since he has been on vacation) and she really wants me to buy her home (she knows I love it, and I did not expect her to come down more, but hey, that works for me!)

So you see, I have a perfect story for testimony meeting. I gave just a little and received 40 times my bread cast upon the water. 40 times. Is not 40 some kind of sacred number? Man, if I were TBM that is exactly what I would have been thinking and the story I would have been telling, probably in f and t meeting. How my perspective has changed!

The real truth, bros and sisters, is that God loves me and blessed me for having the courage to leave the mo church. haha. Like I said, he loves and blesses apostate moms.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2011 08:29PM by think4u.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:00PM

I love that you blew that woman's mind, think4u. You were "the good Samaritan" -- so NOT what she was expecting. Maybe she learned something from it.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:03PM

Reading that just made my day. I'm so glad you were able to respond that way!!! Hopefully the aunt will warm up a bit after this?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:14PM

we're all glad you're here, 'thinker'

Date: June 06, 2011 08:46PM

Thanks, guy, glad you are here too. You almost had me on that one last April, long forgotten. All the best!

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:24PM

Allied Moving. That is one I have not used. I was so impressed with United Van Lines (Mergenthaler) in Salt Lake for my last move that they will move me out of UT as soon as I can.

Date: June 06, 2011 08:45PM

Then United it is!

Posted by: fifteensixty ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:50PM

I just got an apostate blessing too. Was feeling wretched. I have morg nightmares etc. Then my daughter rang to say Grandbaby on the way. I am so glad. I. helped her and her RM see the cult. IMAGINE A BABY BORN IN FREEDOM.

Date: June 06, 2011 08:44PM

I honestly cannot imagine that, I have had 22 grandkids born, one little girl died last summer, and not a one in freedom. Imagine that! So happy for you!

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:55PM

think otherwise?

ROCK ON THINK FOR YOU!

Posted by: amusinggrace ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 08:24PM

What a great story! That was so nice of you to reach out to that young man...

And as a real estate broker in Oregon, I'm also thrilled to hear you are getting an even better price on the little green house on the hill that you love.

I love happy endings...

You gave me two today!

Thanks!

A Musing Grace

Date: June 06, 2011 08:43PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2011 09:08PM by think4u.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 09:51PM

How sweet of you to do that. Love that she had a shocked look. He will remember your kindness always. Here's hoping only good comes with the house.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.