Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon7 ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 02:46PM

This should be interesting because there will be far more non-mos at this memorial service than mormons. I wonder if the service will be toned down from the usual "plan of happiness" style funeral because of that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 02:48PM

It depends a lot on the family and the bishops. The Mormon funerals I have attended recently were mostly about the deceased.

Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 03:36PM

I recently went to my first Mormon funeral and it was not much different than most other funerals I have been to. The only part that was unique in my experience was the family and bishop did speak a lot of being grateful for the "eternal family" and the "strong testimony" of the deceased. Of course "Heavenly Father" was mentioned many times.

Posted by: brett ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 04:26PM

If anything, they will try to make it more of a "missionary opportunity" because of the non members.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 06:33PM

There can be a wide variety in how funerals are handled in the LDS Church depending on who is in charge.
Some folks are more laid back and relaxed and some are more strict and formal and follow policies tighter.
The general outline of music, prayers, speakers is usually about the same.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.