Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 03:25PM

If official acts;

-Ordination of Blacks before 1978

-Temple screw-ups
Sealings, etc

-Mis discipling members
a) failure to discipline when Clearly appropriate
b) over-disciplining ppl for minor infractions

-Mis or mal use / abuse of leadership practices

When offical things screw up, "God will straighten it out"...

when people as individuals screw-up: "THEY MUST BE DEALT WITH; 'justice', etc."

It's like Mos have a 'Get Out of Jail Free' card for the wrongful way the sometimes treat people....
But NOT THE REVERSE!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 03:37PM

- The BoM, how can they not see how 'exceedingly' lame that book is? They do know how to read don't they?
- Biblical fairytales taken literally. A global flood? Tower of babel? Adam and Eve? People living to be a thousand years old? Come on, I rejected these stories when I was five.
- The "atonement" - proof that HF is either sadistic or impotent or possibly both.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 03:48PM

I am a nevermo, but my life is affected by Mormonism in several ways...

- I don't like the way they try to take over communities like kudzu and change the culture. I've watched my mother's previously small, southern hometown turn into a Virginia Mormon mecca.

- As kind of a piggyback to the above pet peeve, I don't like the way church leaders try to influence the way people vote. They get involved in politics and try to turn their religious beliefs into laws. Granted, the Mormons aren't the only ones who do this, but lately they seem to be among the most vocal.

- I don't like the way they try to portray themselves as a "family friendly" church, yet hide the fact that they shun family members who leave the church. My husband's daughters used to enjoy a close relationship with him. But then he and his ex joined the LDS church and the church became a very effective parental alienation tool. Family friendly my ass! My husband's once sweet, loving daughters have turned into hateful, indoctrinated, and disrespectful morgbots.

- I dislike all the judgmental LDS cliches... "the church is perfect, the people aren't", "there is no success that can compensate for failure in the home", "you can leave the church but you can't leave it alone", "our church is the 'one true church'", "you're just being prideful", "it's sacred, not secret", "you have free agency", "I don't know that we teach that", "if you want to know about the church, ask a Mormon"... etc. They don't give people credit for having functional brains.

- I dislike their general assertion that anyone who isn't Mormon is a bad influence or unworthy.

- I dislike the fact that they cry about persecution and discrimination when they themselves persecute and discriminate.

- And finally, I dislike the fact that they think anyone who doesn't follow the WoW is an addict of some sort.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.