Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: April 07, 2018 09:19PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 07, 2018 09:28PM

I don't DO horror movies (or theaters for that matter)but will PVR them when they come on my SAT TV later this year so I cab FF through them.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: April 07, 2018 09:56PM

I saw Ready Player One, and while it was OK to watch, it's not Raiders of the Lost Ark, and both were directed by Steven Spielberg.

It's a great looking movie but to appreciate it, you'd have to played all of the video games that are referenced, and I'm too old to have done that.

I loved the references to all kinds of movies and cars from movies. The hero drives a car that everyone knows and the car driven by the Caped Crusader shows up as well. And there's a very clever reference to "The Shining".

I've not seen A Quiet Place, but I talked to my daughter today, age 35 and she and her husband took 3 of the older kids, ages 17, 16, and 13 to see it and they all loved it. She said it's not a horror movie but really makes you think. She's not a horror movie fan either but liked it a lot.

And for those of you who were around in 1969, I saw "Chappaquidick" today. Well done, great actors and it tells the story of the "Kennedy Curse".

I was on my mission in Brasil when this happened. I had forgotten that the moon landing happened on June 20, 1969, just 2 days after the incident at Chappaquidick. People in Brasil, of a certain social class, would often have a picture of the Pope on one wall and a picture of JFK on the other. Lots of them thought the moon landing was faked but they were very interested in the story of that day. And I'd forgot much of the story.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 07, 2018 10:18PM

I have NEVER played a video game so I'm be lost.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.