Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 03:46PM

the truth and information available about Moronism is nipping at their collective heels and threatening their gilded lifestyles by showing them to be the Con-men Charlatans that they really are?

I mean do you think this topic ever comes up in their weekly meetings in the upper rooms of the Temple???

Are they even aware of the information-age that is whirling around them???

Like the Gestapo of yesteryear...are they keeping cyanide pills in their key fobs now instead of the consecrated salad dressing???

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 03:55PM

I honestly think they are too sheltered - there are too many yes-men around them. I don't think the older ones, at least, have a clue at how much control is slipping through their fingers. It's a similar situation to many dictatorships that fall because no one is willing to tell the "big guy(s)" what the truth is because of the consequences the truth-tellers will face.

Some of the younger men may see there is a problem but are afraid to speak up.

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 05:48PM

I worked for the church as a contractor for several months. I was constantly amazed at how much filtering there was between every layer of management. I saw the same thing in several different departments too. IS, Missionary, CES, Welfare Etc.

The big 15 are only aware of what their underlings let them be aware of, and I guarantee that their handlers don't know what's going on at ground level any way.

My doesn't the Emperor look nice in his lovely new clothes?

Stunted

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 04:56PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2011 04:57PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 06:06PM

No. I think they completely believe everything they teach/live.

I don't think they even entertain the idea that this could be a fraud, much less that they have to prepare for the inevitable day when they're found out.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.