Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Were Out! ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 06:44PM

We sent our resignation in the church headquarters the first of April. On April 20th we received the letter from them telling us that our resignation was an ecclesiastical matter and was being forwarded to our stake president and bishop. Well last night we had the executive secretary come to our door wanting to see if he could set up an appointment with the bishop to see if he could change our minds. We haven't been active in the church for around 12 years, I told him that we had rarely seen anyone from the church during that time and that there was no need for them to be getting concerned about us now. He said that according to ward records we had been receiving home teachers and visiting teachers consistently during our inactive time. I laughed and told him that someone is apparently fudging on the reports.I told him that we have been attending a christian church for the past two years and that out worshiping views didn't jive with Mormonism any longer. He ended up being a great guy and told me his brother had left the church also and that he was supportive in my decision. I could swear from the conversation I had with him that he is not to sold on the church himself. I invited him to come by and check out our new church, he said that he just may do it. He isn't by chance one of you guys is he?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 06:55PM

wish. sorta, that is.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 06:57PM

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:43PM

How refreshing.

I do not lie when I say I am sacred at how mine will go

I am happy for you.

Load off your back for sure!

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:52PM

b/c you're sure not getting it at LDS Inc.

I hope the more members see others setting boundaries and taking their personal power back, the more they'll believe they can and should do it also.

Also hearing other verablize the reasons for not continuing membership will inspire the doubters.

Posted by: motherwhoknows ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:54PM

Also, congratulations for the last 12 years, too.

Mormons are leaving in droves! The executive secretary guy has probably been impressed by you, and by the many other good, decent people who are following the truth, and finding happiness outside the cult. The guy is learning first-hand that people don't leave because they're "offended." Maybe his eyes are being opened, to see that the fault is in the cult, not in us who leave.

You never know who you might influence!

You do know that, technically, you are free the second that the church offices receive your resignation letter. All the follow-up garbage is just Mormon red-tape. They have no authority over you, whatsoever--nada!

Celebrate!

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 08:01PM

LDS Inc. is not the one true Church and we know it.

I do think eventually the will stop the practice of trying to talk members out of resigning by sending out a church member b/c of the influence they may have over the visiting member.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 07:59PM

Yay, you! Congratulations! There's nothing like the smell of freedom.

Susan

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 09:04PM

That was funny. I agree that the exec sec was probably mentally trying the idea of leaving on for size.

I bet if it was possible to get an honest answer to the question "if there were no family or career repercussions, would you leave?", the Suits at 47 E S Temple would have a collective coronary.

Congrats on your liberation. If I were the secretary, I'd leave your name on the HT list for a while, to see if the HT still reports visiting you. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.