Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: motherwhoknows ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 08:19PM

Noticing the empty parking lot in our local ward house, knowing four families with children who have officially resigned in the past two years, seeing mostly non-Mormon families move into our neighborhood, has led me to anticipate the demise ("consolidation") of some wards here.

Having my whole former stake disappear is cause for celebration! Hooray!

Strange, that no one ever asked "why." My neighbor who edits the ward newsletter said that she was instructed to just give the information. Nothing more. It was briefly announced from the pulpit. The decision had been made, and it was a done deal. A few days later a map of the new boundaries was e-mailed to the members. (Our old ward/stake/whatever did everything by e-mail, because it is much cheaper.) No nostalgia, ceremony, no party (except for the celebration the kids and I had).

Our former ward (we resigned) plus two other wards are combined into only one ward now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2011 08:21PM by motherwhoknows.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 08:34PM

That "consolidation" was discussed here a couple weeks ago. Having a second stake disband in SLV in just a few weeks would be too much to hope for, so I am guessing it is that stake.

Three to one reverse split, eh? I'm in lower Holladay, and it just doesn't feel all that Mormony around here either.

It is odd that there are never farewell parties or something to mark the departure of people when ward or stake boundaries are redrawn, and supposedly good friends get separated. Loyalty and affiliation in Mormondom is directed toward Corporate HQ. Stakes and wards and members, for that matter, are interchangeable parts, to be moved and replaced at will from HQ.

Posted by: tango ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 09:03PM

We had a so called "consoldation" about 1 year ago in Oregon, west of portland near bethany. Yup..something is going on that is for sure..

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 09:07PM

Well Hello there!

:)!

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 09:07PM

That is happening across the board. My good friend that I came out to last week [meaning about MORGdom being a farce]

told me as much. But it is not sufficient proof...even tho most of her friends have left and well the Spirit told her I was going to leave too.

Funny thing tho...it wasn't after I told her that the Spirit told her!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 09:10PM

Or did they disappear as mysteriously as the Nephites?

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 09:11PM

Well that is just the best news of the day for sure!!!

Posted by: Friend of a Mo ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 09:31PM

All this shuffling of wards and re-assigning boundaries kinda reminds me of the ole practice of re-assigning of wives of so called unworthy priesthood holders. hahahaha

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.