Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 21, 2018 10:47PM

Edged out by State Senator Mike Kennedy in a squeaker, 50.18% to 49.12%, at the state Republican convention. A candidate needs 60% to secure nomination for the general election.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2018/04/21/a-hockey-arena-may-be-a-fitting-place-for-todays-utah-republican-convention-where-some-candidates-and-delegates-are-itching-for-a-fight/

So, what do people know about "Mike Kennedy." I might like him, on the assumption he's no relation to the Massachusetts Kennedys!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 21, 2018 11:01PM

Howdy Bro! In Utah, the state Republican leaders are far more to the right than your average Western Conservative Republican. Remember, both Senator Bob Bennett and Governor Olene Walker had high public approval ratings but were thrown under the bus by the Republican Party Leadership. They were strong conservatives, but not conservative enough.

Although I was surprised by the voting today, I have no question that Mitt will be the Republican nominee and thus, Utah’s next senator.

If I were idealistic, I might think that maybe Utah voters were sickened by Hatch “giving” the senate seat to Romney. And, perhaps, the Republican leadership took this into account.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 21, 2018 11:14PM

But it is a proud utah republican tradition to name your successor.

Date: April 21, 2018 11:18PM

Date: April 22, 2018 12:22AM

Yes, Utah politicians are called to their positions based on their worthiness. The spirit of discernment insures that all of our political leaders are spotlessly clean and here to serve the people. The public, of course, needs these leaders because we can’t sort through the wankers with our common sense and logic. Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Date: April 22, 2018 12:27AM

Taxachusetts have these little fiefdoms, where a small number of families and their retainers snap up all the government positions, both elected and appointed. It's as politically incestuous as any FLDS tribe. "Good jobs at good (very!) wages."

Date: April 22, 2018 12:34AM

Hey, I don't talk about YOUR family members and their enterprises, Mr. I-park-wherever-i-want-in-Boston.

Date: April 22, 2018 12:52AM

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 12:49AM

Not a referendum on Kennedy. This was an in-party fight between the caucus choice against Mitt Romney gathering signatures to get on the ballot. Same thing with John Curtis vs. Chris Herrod. Romney and Curtis will both win in landslides in the primary, proving that the Utah old guard delegates are completely out of sync with the majority of Utahn's.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.