Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 08:27AM

Good Morning Ya'll! It is a beautiful day here in Eastern North Carolina. It's a bit chilly but it will warm up nicely by the time I get my fat butt out of church.

Right now, I am just sitting on my butt on the computer drinking some delicious coffee contemplating what I am going to be doing with my hair and whether or not I am going to want to do my make-up before I go off to church.

Today I have church, Sunday School, and then a few hours at home probably doing homework and puttering around, then back to church for some hangout time with the guys while the choir practices and then Bible study.

So what is everyone doing today?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:24AM

Today is in San Antonio lounging in a hotel, playing interwebs, HBO & coffee.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:42AM

I'm a little sick so this day is dedicated to getting to feeling better. Just took some things that should kick in soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2018 10:43AM by Aquarius123.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:58AM

Hope you start feeling better ASAP.

Posted by: Anon 3 ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 04:00PM

Sick too, watching end of world movies. Nothing like allergies, sick and wanting to destroy extended family.

Date: April 22, 2018 10:57AM

Laundry, yardwork, walking the pooch. Soaking up some of the sunshine we waited all year for - is finally starting to warm up for a change.

Munching on some cranberry granola clusters while sipping a cup of morning chai tea. Life is good.

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:59AM

Laying in bed and pondering a motorcycle ride.

Posted by: Not Codependent Anymore ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 11:18AM

Just watched the tv and saw the team Växjö Lakers win the Swedish Ice Hockey Championship.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 11:22AM

Shaping up to be another nice warm day here in So. California.

Had coffee on the deck and we might hit Golden Corral later.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 12:13PM

I have decided that it is in my best interest to go listen to one hour of the bullshit. AKA SM then leave. It is a matter of being intimidated by a preconception of behavioral consequence with which I do not choose to deal at this time.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 12:18PM

Coffee and cussing....the usual

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 01:02PM

Watching the Pittsburgh Penguins hopefully close out the series with the Flyers, then a BBQ at TBM daughter's to celebrate my grandson's birthday.

To watch professional sports on a Sunday was such a big step for me. But, since I am now with a Pittsburgh native, I've gotten into it.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 01:26PM

Lost a lot of money trying to be near children in Utah. Moved there twice, became sick both times in that polution/traffic/population/altitude.

Moved back to CA, bought a little old house we could afford. Cleaning windows. planting flowers today. Making it enchanting.

Date: April 22, 2018 01:31PM

What part/s of Utah did you move to/from?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:44PM

The first time was from Lindon.
The second time was from Draper.

After six months (the last time), DH had untreatable nausea, I had had a small stroke, and we both had pneumonia. DH woke me up and said, "Kathleen, you don't know how sick I am." I said, "Get in the car!" and we were out of there.

We backed out of escrow and everything.

So today, two years later, we chatted on the phone, and all of us are making plans to relocate to somewhere transferrable for their work.

This is pure joy, Amyjo, knowing our boys may be out of there, too!

Posted by: readwrite-LO ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 05:18PM

That sounds enchanting

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 01:45PM

Having a short holiday in Victoria BC. Just had breakfast, and now getting ready for a stroll to Chinatown. I’m sure a beer on an outdoor patio somewhere will be in the cards.

Date: April 22, 2018 10:48PM

Just chatted with my pal in Nanaimo....weather looks delectable there.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 04:09PM

Went for a walk on the river trail in town

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 04:19PM

Cleaning up the back deck ,soaking up some much needed SLC sun. Watching NBA playoffs. Coffee coffee and more coffee.

Posted by: readwrite-LO ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 05:15PM

Laying

Sitting

I won't Stand

4 much today!

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 05:21PM

Beautiful day in the Utah mountains!

Went to the zoo with all my children and grandchildren. The one TBM in the family, a son-in-law, was out of town, so everyone was free to play this Sunday morning, without any Mormon "downer."

We're fixing barbecued chicken for the adults, hot dogs for the kids, potato salad, raw vegetables, strawberries. I have a playhouse, swing set, trees to climb, and grass to play baseball and soccer. Everyone likes sports. The littlest can't walk yet, so he just watches the others, and laughs. The cat plays baseball with us--not the dog, who just runs around and licks everyone--hit-and-run.

Tonight, I've rented Murder on the Orient Express, to watch with my dog and cat, because I'll be too tired to do anything else.

I'm in heaven!

Date: April 22, 2018 05:31PM

Coffee break #2 and more cussing...

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 06:36PM

Listening to my husband still cussing over the Penguins beating his Flyers. Now we’re going for Toronto for the East and Winnipeg for the West, if not them, then Nashville, but only because of PK Subban.

Date: April 22, 2018 08:28PM

Winnipeg-Toronto would be Gary Bettman's (NHL Commish) worst nightmare. Nobody in the US would watch or care. I going for Winnipeg - Boston (my team since 1955).

Date: April 22, 2018 10:59PM

A lot of the Canadian teams have more Americans on the roster than Americans and vs. Most of the teams now have more Europeans, especially Swedes, Russians and area. Ask Don Cherry, he’s a riot to listen to.Hes still on hockey night in Canada, but not as much as he used to. He’s very opinionated on that issue.
Boston isn’t bad, but I just like Toronto better.

Date: April 22, 2018 11:12PM

Sorry, meant to say more Canadians are on some American teams also.( Said American 2 times, by accident, so it looks confusing) Most people here that I know ( Well, yeah,other hockey fans, think it’d be cool to have a Stanley Cup with 2 Canadian teams.

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 06:47PM

I cooked for the week (ham and beans, fried 50 corn cakes, made a meatloaf, baked a turkey breast, froze a pan of stuffing, made breakfast burritos, and homemade biscuits with ham) - finals are this week and I will be busy.

Now I am watching a Harry Potter movie with kiddos, enjoying the beautiful evening with my family.

This time tomorrow I will be hand grading the first round of 100 math finals!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 07:02PM

and then we went to get my son's pickup from his workplace that wouldn't start last night. It hadn't started during the week. We went to Walmart and had a new battery installed. And then my time was up and I had to work and I'm pretending to work right now. I'm caught up.

Oh, and I took the dogs for a walk this morning.

At least I didn't go to church.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 07:56PM

I spent the day beating up people in wheel chairs. They are so excited when I arrive for their beatings. Some of them try to chat me up which just makes their beatings worse.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 12:15AM

It's been a relaxing day, sleeping in and getting some grocery shopping done, and gas for the car so I could get to and from work this week.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.