Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: newblacksheep ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 10:42AM

My friend posted these pics on his FB page. I thought they were rather disturbing but he got comments like "oh that's so beautiful" or "how inspiring." Just thought I'd share. Can't believe I used to buy into this crap.

http://www.moroni10.com/Jesus_and_His_prophets.jpg

http://prophetpaintings.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/potp-rec-lrg.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 10:46AM

Where are all the wimmin!!???

Ron

Date: June 07, 2011 10:51AM

I know right!? It's so creepy!!

Posted by: LongTimegone ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 10:53AM

In an eternal state of morning sickness. Now hush your pie hole and fetch us some celestial pickles.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 12:22PM

HA HA HA.

I sawz your nasty comment!

As for the celestial room who ever did that does not know what they are talking about.

The profits do not meet there!

I would expect them to know that!

And I resent that Yeshua is white...

Why couldn't he be a strong black brotha....ohhh let's photo shop it and add some fun stuff to it!

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 10:46AM

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 10:50AM

Obviously Photoshopped - nobody could get into the temple wearing facial hair and sandals.

Date: June 07, 2011 10:52AM

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 10:52AM

All this time.... you think, by now, they'd have gotten smithy a collar that fits

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 10:56AM

It looks like he's standing on his tip toes just to keep his head from disappearing into his shirt.

Jesus is so tall! Looks like he could give Kareem Abdul some exercise on a one-on-one.

So that's Jesus's living room. Jesus and the White Shoe Boys.

They kind of look like hoodlums. They kind of look like gangsters. Then again, they kind of look like a dainty glee club trying hard to look cool.

The picture is pure fantasy, since the Mormon "prophets" have all but expressly confessed that they get no face time with Jesus whatsoever and never have. Mormons are a pretty sad bunch, if this is the best fantasy they can come up with.

Posted by: LongTimegone ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 10:59AM

but some of the old farts are too important to get off their duffs and stand as a sign of respect?

Looks Photoshopped to me, too. They could have worked on the lighting if they wanted it to look real, but then when has reality ever been an important factor in Mormonism?

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:11AM

Jesus walks in the room, you don't stand?

You do, I guess, unless you think you are better than him.

Posted by: European View ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:02AM

Not only is this really poorly done, it shows how delusional TBMs are. Jesus hanging out with that shower? Yet they truly believe it.

Also, with the whole of creation at his fingertips, apparently Jesus likes his 'living room' to look like an over-done hotel lobby. You'd think he'd have better taste.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:04AM

Joe, Tommy and Gordo, especially, look like they're hazing Jesus about his sandals.

Joe: "What's the matter with yer shoes Jesus? Doncha know this is the temple?"

Tommy: "Heh, heh...I've seen better footwear at Deseret Industries...in the reject pile. Hey, but you know about rejection doncha, Jeesus. Reject sandals for a reject."

Gordy: "The sandals ain't even white. Whatsa matta with you? You come into our house. The one we built with our money that we squeezed out of the dumb people fair and square...and you disrespect us with yer doofus sandals and your long hair. You ever wash that hair savior boy. Why doncha save yer self some trouble savior boy and don't come back here until you can gets yerself a proper pair of white shoes and a good haircut. And good grief, what are you wearing? Did you steal a bedsheet from yer cheap motel room?"

Posted by: drewmeistercantlogin ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:07AM

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:08AM

He goes by Doc (Don O Christenson).

I knew him when I lived in Salem, Oregon.

He did the next drawing of the prophets after SWK died. It was a charcoal of mostly just their faces. He did it and donated all the proceeds to my friend's mission. It was initially for my friend and I, but I did not end up going on a mission.

He is also a very good jeweler. He made my wife and I's wedding set.

He now lives in Logan. This reminds me that I need to go see him next time I am in Logan.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:11AM

Its not the same picture.

The one he did is similar, but they are sitting on couches. And I think Monson is in the one you have a link to.

Edit - It is him, I just found a link to his site, this must be his new version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2011 11:32AM by Riverman.

Date: June 07, 2011 11:15AM

That's cool you know the artist. Did he feel like he was inspired by the spirit when he did his paintings? No sarcasm here, just genuinely curious. I heard some faith promoting stories about the guy that painted the portrait of Jesus that's so popular in TSCC, (this one: http://ama49.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/jesus-mormon.jp ) how supposedly the spirit testified that that is exactly what Jesus looked like. Just wondering if your friend had any such experiences.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:09AM

When did Tommy die?

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:14AM

shows you how central he is to the running of the church.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 12:18PM

I wouldn't want to go there, but mormons might like to see it at least once until they also froze in place out of boredom.

Date: June 07, 2011 12:22PM

It certainly is white and delightsome

YUCK!

Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 12:25PM

Date: June 07, 2011 12:26PM

Roger Roger Roger!

Hola Mi Amigo!

Que Paso!

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 02:25PM

They look like they are about to break into a song and dance routine. My first reaction was to laugh. I found it funny more than creepy.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 02:27PM

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 02:36PM

Do not sit on the satin chairs. No one is allowed on the fake staircase. Sandals. Facial hair. Everybody, please leave.

Posted by: topojoejoe ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 02:47PM

What? Noone regained their youth, their perfect body with all the hair? What is this nonsense? Were you all not told that everything would be restored to it's perfect state? Why are these old geezers still old geezers?

If that is how it's gonna be, I should have been a goner at 27 when I looked my best... why do I want to leave forever as my deflated self?

What a rip off.... lol, that picture made me laugh, and yes, Tommy boy is already dearly departed and no one notices.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 02:51PM

topojoejoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What? Noone regained their youth, their perfect
> body with all the hair? What is this nonsense?
> Were you all not told that everything would be
> restored to it's perfect state? Why are these old
> geezers still old geezers?
>
> If that is how it's gonna be, I should have been a
> goner at 27 when I looked my best... why do I want
> to leave forever as my deflated self?
>
> What a rip off.... lol, that picture made me
> laugh, and yes, Tommy boy is already dearly
> departed and no one notices.

No, Monson is still alive and as prophet, he gets to meet with Jesus and all the rest of the prophets.

Posted by: wjexmo ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 04:07PM

Oh god, I'm so tempted to use my killer photoshop skills right now...

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 04:20PM

[49] …”what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
[50] “Hath not my hand made all these things?”

Acts 7:48-50 [my capitalization]

Date: June 07, 2011 04:36PM

Ha!

Now you be speaking my language!

Let alone an international house of 1000 handshakes to the devil!

YUCK!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.