Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CM ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 10:47AM

Mormonism is the most beautiful truth in the history of the world and so far beyond any existing religion! Think of it: A race of Gods sent their offspring to a mortal sphere on earth, to develop, grow and mature to become Gods!

Mormonism far superior in depth, breath and understanding to anything else found on earth. It surpasses all.

It rivals the ancient religions of the Egyptions and is deeper than protestant Christianity. You need to open your eyes and look into the depths and breath of the Universe.

This divine race of Gods reside near the great planet Kolob and help their endless creations. This is a religion for the 21 century and beyond. Mortals are in a primitive and natural state and must learn to rise above the animal kingdom and into the realm of the Gods. Temples are instituted to help mortals find the divine spark within them and to progress to higher spheres and through the exercise of discipline and control over their lower animalistic states can rise to join the race of Gods. Again, this religion is fitting for the 21st century and beyond.

Perhaps, you wish to call it the Prophet Joseph's imagination, well, than his imagination is far beyond the competing religions, whom dare not to think of a race of Gods, worlds without end and planetary spheres, rather desiring to leave such imaginations to science and learning, rather to the portals of religion. The prophet Joseph, knew how to speak and think and dream of the higher destiny of humankind and the universe beyond.

And, also, the Christian doctrine is so much greater clarified in the Book of Mormon than even the Bible, each tenet, each point of doctrine, each issue meticulusly prepared and articulated far beyond the bible, that if the Prophet Joseph wrote the Book of Mormon his intellect far surpassed, even the apostle Paul in articulating, points of justice and mercy, the atonement, Judgment the law, faith, hope and charity and issues of salvation and exaltation to such clarity that Joseph was the greatest Christian theoligian of history. Point by Point the Book of Mormon surpasses the Bible in clarity, understanding and depth of Christian doctrines of salvation, grace, works and the resurrection.

What a wonderful message!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 10:49AM

Posted by: UMHCP ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:00AM

Posted by: Emmas Flaming Sword ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:02AM

God lives on planet named Kolob, you must give us 10% of your income every year, coffee is evil, the founding leader married a fourteen year old girl, you have to know secret handshakes to get into heaven, Jews came on boats and settled the Americas, you have to wear the underwear we tell you to wear, the Garden of Eden was in Missouriā€¦ it is a wonderfully kooky, laughable message!

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:04AM

"Who gives a s**t?"

Timothy

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:06AM

Date: June 07, 2011 11:08AM

Nice to see you around, Heidi!

Timothy

Date: June 07, 2011 11:16AM

... "I did not know that!"

Timothy

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 06:29PM

But I don't want to feel any trolls. Eeeuww.

Posted by: drewmeistercantlogin ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:18AM

Funny thing is, I honestly don't think I would have noticed. It's amazing how the mind can automatically substitute the correct letters in words.

Although it is rather unusual.. I'm usually the one to spot inadvertently suggestive typos. ;-) Guess I need a new set of seerstones.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:24AM

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:07AM

Oh wait, it is!

The story itself sounds like a bad "Star Trek" episode.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:09AM

If we only knew where the Book of Mormon happened...

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:10AM

"Perhaps, you wish to call it the Prophet Joseph's imagination, well, than his imagination is far beyond the competing religions, whom dare not to think of a race of Gods, worlds without end and planetary spheres, rather desiring to leave such imaginations to science and learning, rather to the portals of religion. The prophet Joseph, knew how to speak and think and dream of the higher destiny of humankind and the universe beyond."

Apparently you are unaware of the concepts of reincarnation and Nirvana?

And it is truly sad that along with his imagination Joseph wasn't given the ability to write something WORTH reading.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:14AM

Or at least a portion of it. Maybe it's satire.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:15AM

I got yer "spheres" right here in my pants, CM.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:27AM

Too bad "the church" does not teach this anymore.

At least Hinckley seems not to have been aware of any of it LOL.

Apparently the poster hasn't gotten the message yet - it's Obedience now that saves everyone.

OBEDIENCE, baby.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 12:12PM

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 12:25PM

Ahhhh the imaginations of puddin' pullin', tokin' man!

You see the brethren clearly do not see the harm they do to the men of the church.

SINCE JS, creativity has been stiffled with WOW and LOS

and the effects are not pretty!

No useful revelation have come down.

Seems to me JS knew how to work it!

Posted by: Xenu ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:04PM

You ignorant Thetans, you do not realize the power of Xenu!! When I escape the grip of my electronic mountain trap on Planet Teegeeack I will demonstrate my power over those weak, pathetic beings who I removed and destroyed from the planet you call Kolob 75 million years ago--then you know shall the TRUE RELIGION!!!

P.S. Please go thorough the security gate before boarding my space transport DC-8; no psychiatrists allowed. Thank you, and have a pleasant flight...

Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:14PM

Scientology: Making your nonsensical overbearing religion look sane since 1952

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:07PM

Ah, yes. The wonderful Book of Mormon. Violent little book, ain't it?

Posted by: Craig Stevenson ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 03:46PM

Aw CM, although you will probably not read this I feel I must reply simply because I cannot resist.

You lurk here, reading the posts, saying to yourself, "these poor lost souls I must tell them what they are missing out on." All the while not realizing that you are missing out on the greatest truth of all. What is the greatest truth of all you may ask, if you happen to read this? Well dear CM let me share the greatest truth with you.

This is the greatest truth, pay it heed and give all your attention to it because if you understand this truth it will save your life.

TRUTH IS TRUTH AND CANNOT BE CHANGED OR HIDDEN BY DECEIT OR LIES OR PRETEND AUTHORITIES SPOUTING IMMENSE WORDS ATTEMPTING TO GIVE CREDENCE TO THEIR STATEMENTS. TRUTH CAN BE VERIFIED. TRUTH CONTAINS FACTS THAT ARE VERIFIABLE BY ANY WHO CARE TO SEARCH OUT THOSE FACTS. TRUTH IS NOT WHAT ONE WOULD HAVE YOU "BELIEVE" BUT ABSOLUTE AND AVAILABLE TO ALL. TRUTH IS NOT ALWAYS PLEASANT. TRUTH IS TRUTH AND ALTHOUGH YOU MAY NOT WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH, THAT DOES NOT CHANGE WHAT THE TRUTH IS.

You, dear CM, have been deceived about the truth and you do not know what the truth is, you only know what someone has told you to believe the truth is. You may live your entire life believing what you have been told the truth is without ever opening your eyes to what the "real" truth is, but since you are lurking here I have to think that someday something you read here will spark something inside you that will speak to your inner self and will tell you that it is the truth. When that happens your eyes will open slightly to the "real" truth and you may begin to investigate that truth. As you investigate that truth other truths will open up to you and soon you will find that what you have believed to be the truth all along was nothing more than a creative lie being sold to you as truth.

What you believe to be "The Most Beautiful Truth" presently is that creative lie and although you firmly believe with all your heart that it is truth, sadly for you, it is not truth. I know you think that what I am saying is the creative lie and what you believe is truth, but can your truth be verified by cold hard facts? No, it cannot. The truth you believe is not verifiable and the organization you have devoted your life to is nothing more than one lie after another, which lies can be verified by cold hard facts if you care to do the research. You see, CM, that church you so fervently believe in and that truth you feel so adamantly about are the lies and the lies they are telling you and millions of other good hearted people who believe as firmly as you, their lies can be proven to be lies with verifiable facts most of which can be found in their own historical records that they have attempted so hard to keep hidden. But as stated above, "TRUTH CANNOT BE CHANGED OR HIDDEN" and eventually it shines forth. Sadly, those who are deceived, such as yourself, are blind to the truth because you only see what you want to see. It is as in the old adage, "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink." You can be shown the truth, but no one can "make" you believe the truth if you will not see it.

In closing I will simply say that if you ever open your eyes to the truth, it will initially be very painful for you. The pain is the reason many choose not to see the truth. You will lose family and friends and your loss can be very great if you choose to accept the truth when you see it. For that reason, I extend my understanding if you never choose to see and accept the truth. It can be much less painful to simply stay in your comfort zone believing the lies even though you may see the truth of those lies, so do not feel badly about yourself if this is what you choose, you are joined by millions of others doing the same.

Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 04:06PM

What?? I took the original post to be sarcastic.

CM was serious??

HUH??

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 04:06PM

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 04:10PM

Because if it's not then clearly somebody needs to take his/her meds.

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 04:11PM

Other wonderful things to contemplate:

I am slim, trim and manly and my ejaculate tastes like strawberry ice cream.

Both tales are just about as true.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 04:26PM

:)

Okay that is just funny!

Strawberry cream...I have to say that got me.

I have never even tasted ejaculate.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha I have learned more on this board in 12 day that I have in 20 years in MORGdom.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Posted by: The StalkerDogā„¢ ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 04:46PM

Yum, YUM!

Trolls are deeeeee-lishus, and nooooooooooo-trishus!!!

AND they tickle.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 04:48PM

...that butter rum lifesavers are really goddamn good.

Posted by: Not the Girl You Used to Know ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 09:19PM

.......butter rum lifesavers!
BEST COMMENT OF THE NIGHT!!!!

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 05:38PM

If the church actually went back to the "Restored Gospel" - - 80 % (or more) would run for the hills.. Please CM take a look at the early General Conference talks and see what was actually restored .. Try Journal of Discourses vol 1 : page 50 . That alone might open your eyes.

What you have today is less than 20 % or in fact a narrow constricted version of Joseph Smith's Restoration.

If you want a list of the changes -- (Repost) -- but beware of the coming Tsunami

JB

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 06:27PM

No one here has a problem with you being Mormon. If the three hour block, HT/VT, callings, FHE, prayers, bishop interviews, masturbation prohibitions, tithing, etc. are making you happy, go for it. Live long and prosper.

Better thee than me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2011 06:29PM by summer.

Posted by: mike ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 07:00PM

The most beautiful truth is to be honest to yourself.

The truth will set you free.

Posted by: hedonist ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 09:31PM

Help me people...I am confused.
CM states "Think of it: A race of Gods sent their offspring to a mortal sphere on earth, to develop, grow and mature to become Gods!"...so if I am a kid of a god..why the f)*(k didn't I stay there and be a god...weren't I already a god?

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 09:39PM

Either way. I'm god and you should worship me. I demand all ALL of your assets, now!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.