Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: logged out this week ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 09:32PM

"LuLaRoe founder reportedly sends overweight employees to Mexico to get gastric surgery"

http://www.businessinsider.com/lularoe-founder-reportedly-encourages-workers-to-get-gastric-surgery-2018-4

It's facing lawsuits as a pyramid scheme as well. Ah, mormons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 09:46PM

My only surprise is that they might still be in business.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 09:50PM

They also shame their representatives at their conferences who are not dressing using Mormon "modesty" standards -- whether they are Mormon or not.

Nice people. /s

Date: April 27, 2018 09:57PM

I happened to stumble on one of their conferences in Anaheim by accident and didn't know what strange rabbit hole I'd fallen down. It was the trippiest thing ever. The hotel was full of women in the strangest outfits of remarkably cheap fabric and lace that was not remotely normal (super long sleeveless vests of lace over multi-patterned stretch pants and shirts that clashed). I finally had to as a group of women I was riding in the elevator with, what the heck was going on.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 10:38PM

Pretty sure it’s clothing for when one transitions out of flds and rlds. I do not enter those parked ‘stores’.

Date: April 27, 2018 10:40PM

A very good theory. Entirely fitting.

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 12:20AM

DeAnne Stidham is my husband's cousin. She has had gastric surgery herself in Mexico. Here she is promoting the Mexican Clinic that she had the surgery at. She must getting a cut from every patient she refers to the clinic for surgery.

https://lularoefail.com/2017/11/05/lularoe-deanne-brady-stidham-paying-mentors-weight-loss-surgery/

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 12:07PM

one patient on the show had a gastric bypass in a foreign country (I think it was Brazil in her case) but told her husband that she and friend were taking a winter vacation there. She got a bad infection and was claiming she had no idea what her pain could be from, then finally had to admit to her husband she had the bypass and get it taken out and the infection treated.

Maybe this Mexican place does a better job with infection control, etc, but choose your surgeon and hospital carefully.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 12:23PM

Yes -- gastric bypass surgery is serious business. Much can go wrong. I don't think it is something that you want to shop for on price.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 03:34PM

One blog I follow has a whole section on this MLM scheme. There's also stuff about DoTerra, another Mormon favorite.
https://www.mommygyver.com/mommyblog-1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2018 03:35PM by doyle18.

Posted by: lazylizard ( )
Date: April 30, 2018 01:22PM

My friend, whom I live with, wants to sell me LuLaRoe.

I told her "hell no!"

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: April 30, 2018 01:31PM

LuLaRoe had problems years ago. Ugly, cheap prints created into tasteless "Mommy wear" using the same smiling and "charming" tactics that ChurchInc uses to tell its own product-image.

Even non Mormon acquaintances are getting into the act and finding they are shocked at company conference being expected to dress to LDS standards in the LuLaRoe style.

RMM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.