Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:17PM

Did anyone, like Spock, do a little too much LDS in school? I know I did.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:25PM

That's why people have a hard time with my apostasy. Mormonism was who I was.

It will be interesting to go to my next class reunion and see if anyone else found their way out, and to also see how they react to my new way of life...I'll report back on that in a few years.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:44PM

This is a mostly non-issue for me as I went to Madison High in Rexburg. I can count on one hand the people who WERE NOT members. There wasn't the pressure to be an example. There were still the ultra-TBM's, but most of us were just there. Being a mormon was just the way things were (and mostly still is) in Rexburg. My parents were very laid back too, so I never felt the need to wear my religion on my sleeve.

I'm more curious just to see how many in my class have rejected mormonism like me. I know of a few, so I'm guessing there's more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2011 01:46PM by Queen of Denial.

Posted by: Mrs. Solar Flare ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:51PM

Ok guys, we REALLY need to come up with something unisex (and kind of cool) that we can wear/say/show to signify our ex-mo-ish-ness in these type of settings (meetings, reunions, etc).

There HAVE to be some good ideas out there!!!!

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 02:11PM

Most of my high school friends do not know of my enlightenment. I reject the term apostacy as I don't believe that waking up to a fraud is apostacizing from anything. Still, I have to maintain a certain status quo from family reasons - something that I hate.
I do have one high school buddy who has figured it all out and a couple of BYU roomates have also found their way out.
BTW - there are never enough Trek references!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.