Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: May 12, 2018 09:25PM

I’m the first admit that I know nothing about the use of marijuana for medical purposes (or any other use for that matter) so I don’t know leads the church to say “raises grave concerns” about its use, etc.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46318852/lds-church-legal-analysis-raises-grave-concerns-about-utah-medical-marijuana-initiative

I do find it amusing (or sad) that the law firm which conducted the survey just happens to be Kirton-McConkie, the law firm owned and staffed by the church. Not sure they could possible have a neutral opinion in any instance, on any subject related to the church.

I do notice that this news was available on KSL just so the PH quorums will have plenty to discuss in church tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 09:34PM by memikeyounot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 12, 2018 09:49PM

Hi Mike!

It must scare the brethren to realize that the voters might actually weigh-in on the issue and not follow church advice. Imagine the frustration—-the Mormon-controlled Utah Legislature and Governor’s Office bypassed by the will of the voters. Oh the horror!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 09:56PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: May 12, 2018 10:26PM

Somehow, I don't think any members would vote to support it for fear it would become a question on the temple recommend interview. :)

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: May 12, 2018 10:52PM

Resident of Cache Valley here.
I received a letter asking me to remove my name from the Medical Cannibis Initiative. The letterhead had "Neighbors for informed Decision Making.

They sent a form and instructions but not before insinuating I was too dumb to know what I had signed,

There was also a bright pink sticker on the envelope stating that I was a signer of the marijuana petition, open immediately for your right to decide.

The sticker was especially offensive.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 12, 2018 11:23PM

They didn’t ask you to wear a green armband?

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 05:05PM

This was mailed to each person who signed the Medical marijuana Initiative.(In Cache Valley)

http://upr.org/post/ballot-initiative-letter-campaign-being-reviewed-lt-governors-office

Notice the names to the left.--- Dr. Bryan King. He was john Dehlin's stake president.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: May 12, 2018 11:41PM

and put an end to this State-by-State agonizing???

I obtained a State-issued medical MJ card for chronic pain. I didn't have an especially successful experience and decided to let my card lapse. I went back to regular old opiates. My primary care provider knows that I will not abuse them.

No matter what is legal, there will always be idiots out there who abuse them. So why should genuine pain/nausea-from-chemo/other sufferers have to be miserable because some people are such blue-noses about weed??

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: May 13, 2018 02:21AM

Over 600 comments. Most of them against the cult and for MJ. The cult could care less about pain or suffering.

The passing of Med. MJ would be great in benefiting countless numbers of people as well showing that the cult and the big 15 are going down.

Posted by: beansandbrews ( )
Date: May 13, 2018 03:10AM

This afternoon a man made the unfortunate mistake of knocking on my door to talk to me about my signature on the petition for MMJ. After letting him talk for a few minutes, I asked why he thought he had any business asking people to take back the signature.

He wanted to explain to me how deceiving the info for the petition was. I explained to him that I was tired of the LDS church sticking their noses into everything in the state. He said this had nothing to do with the church.
I then asked him if he was LDS. Proudly said yes. I told him that he had been brainwashed into thinking that it’s okay to have someone tell you what to think.

I live in pain, and asked him if he did? Of course he said no. I told him he didn’t know what the hell he was talking about then...he finally wised up and left.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 13, 2018 02:45PM

He's going to pray for you, as well as proudly tell his next F&T audience how the spirit helped him stand up to you.

...there are none so blind as those who will not see...

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 13, 2018 07:40PM

You are your own best doctor.

You can pick or prescribe a weed for healing, harmony, happiness, or whatever you want or need it for.

It's the "healing of the nation".
It's helpful for old-timers.
Epilepsy
Glaucoma
Anxiety
Depression
Pain
Inflamation
Arthritis
Fear
Dullness
Laziness
Forgetfulness
Dementia
Death
Life
Love
Nature
Friends
Living
A lot of things

It depends on your curiosity, attitude, state (of mind and of nation or country), tolerance to heights, interest in reality, fondness for freedom, love of laughter and need for we'd!

It's a solitary thang.
It's a together thing.
Let's get together!

Medicine
Man
M@t

Date: May 13, 2018 07:41PM

Living

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 13, 2018 07:50PM

who signed it? Is it on a public site or something? Interesting article about it here - https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/strange-tactics-emerge-in-utahs-medical-marijuana-legalization-fight

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2018 08:04PM by Susan I/S.

Date: May 13, 2018 10:26PM

I love Leafly - and you - Susan I/S

GooDread

M@t

Date: May 13, 2018 11:00PM

Utah legalized medical marijuana this year for terminally ill patients who have six months to live.

If voters approve the measure in November, it would expand that law, allowing Utahns to use marijuana for a number of other qualifying illnesses.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.