Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:21PM

I guess the "every member a missionary" rule is still in force among kolobians.

I sit down to enjoy my latest edition of CycleWorld and it came to pass, I did behold an aforementioned "member" fulfilling his duty to gawd in the reads forum of a magazine dedicated to motorcyclists the world over.

Did gawd impart wisdom though this faithful servant to the readers of this magazine? Why, no, of course not. All this missionary had to offer was a call to repentance for the use of profanity.

Now, granted, this missionary -- Ken Whetstone from West Valley City -- actually carried on a dialog in a readers forum (I didn't know this was possible), but just for your enlightenment and entertainment I thought I'd quote the exchange of letters between Elder Whetstone and the editors.

(CycleWorld, July 2011, Vol. 50 No. 7, p.35)

CENSOR FOR G RATING?

Ken: I'm sorry to see the use of obscenities in your articles. They do not add to the content, rather they only cheapen an otherwise good publication. Ken Whetstone -- West Valley City, Utah.

Editor response: Where are they, Mr. Whetstone? We will flesh them out!

Ken: A quick re-read shows "a.s.s" twice (pages 44 in Triumph "Ups" box, and 77, column three) I could have sworn (get it?) I saw the "B" word somewhere in my first read, but didn't see it the second time. I'm not a prude, but I avoid those words when I can. Thank you for your quick response, and I am looking forward to the next edition (please say something about the V-Strom being the best bike in the world). Ride safe. Ken.

Editor response: We apologize and have sternly disciplined our censors. What's the "B" word? Are you able to type it?

Ken: Only if I close my eyes... "b.i.t.c.h." I found it, in 'Hotshots', page 30, "Re: Dear Arnold," last paragraph. Ken

Editor response: Rest assured the son-of-a-mother-dog donkey aperture responsible will be ferreted out and defecated upon severely, unmercilessly. And, yes, the V-Strom is a fornicating Hades of a good bike!

Need I mention that I, weeder, just happen to share Ken's love for the fornicating Hades of a ride -- I own one too!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2011 12:31PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: It's Just Me ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:30PM

I thought to ride a hog you couldn't be a P word. This Ken fella sounds like a world class D word ending with bag.

Posted by: sithlorddaddy ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:50PM

that's one HELL of a response from the editor! :)

"defecated upon severely, unmercilessly" a nice f followed by off.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 12:36AM

Can you post a link to this?

Posted by: topper ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 09:10AM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 09:31AM

Odds are, Kenny rides a Vespa.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Date: June 08, 2011 12:26PM

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/MyMotoUSA/5094/472/MyMotoUSA-My-Bikes/Ken-Whetstone.aspx

Yep, that's the fornicating Hades of a good bike I ride (but mine has a more flashy color scheme.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 11:48AM

Ken: <snip> I'm not a prude, <snip>

- - - - -

Well thanks for telling me that, cuz otherwise I might have thought you were.

Posted by: m ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 12:07PM

speaking of bikers- check out these badass bikers..

Harley riders will want to avoid clicking this link : )

http://www.templeriders.com/

Date: June 08, 2011 12:21PM

Okay, here's a quote from their site:

..."our desire to add a spiritual dimension to the joy and freedom associated with motorcycle riding" ...

How can you ADD something that is already there in the first place???

This atheist gets one giant spiritual high every time I swing my leg over the seat of my V-Strom .... now the Mormons OWN that feeling?!?!? No way.

Reminds me of Bonneville Communications trademark ownership of "heartfelt" -- sure thing.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 12:21PM

Ken uses far worse language while whipping his two year old son for scribbling on the wall with his crayons that he got for his birthday last week. Momma does not dare to interfere, remembering that dreadful night two and a half years ago.

Date: June 08, 2011 12:41PM

LOL ... you are spot on JoD!!!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700118573/Bus-driver-tires-of-barrage-of-crudity.html

Quote: "[Ken] braked to stop at a traffic light in West Valley City, he noticed a vulgar sticker on the tailgate of the pickup truck in front of him. The sticker said — well, never mind. It was so vulgar, it can't been written here. Let's just say that it included a word that starts with an F.
... The other driver claimed that Whetstone had followed him into a hospital parking lot, got out of the bus and threatened him with a pipe
... Whetstone was fired by the school district"

Yeah, I hear he has a bumper sticker on his V-Strom that reads: "My other vehicle is a school bus".

What a prude tool.

Posted by: LongTimegone ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 12:40PM

That was excellent. Thanks for posting, Weeder.

I have a major crush on the editor now. I adore that he made Ken type "b*tch."

"What's the 'B' word? Are you able to type it?"

He b****slapped that p**sy but good. I wonder if Ken had the good sense to feel like an a$$. He probably needed a good testiphony meeting story.

Date: June 08, 2011 03:35PM

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: June 10, 2011 10:34PM

Topping again, because I think this is one of the funniest posts this week...

Everybody have a 'fornicating Hades' good time this weekend!

Date: June 13, 2011 09:46AM

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 13, 2011 10:36AM

They get their jollies putting on the mantle of sanctimonious outrage. It's like a hobby.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.