Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rt ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 04:51PM

A little background: a year after I left the church, I started a blog - you know how it is. After I went through the usual phases of mourning, I converted the blog to a website, removed all the personal stuff and just left the factual information (including Harvard-style references to well over 100 sources, mostly LDS, for every assertion I made).

Needless to say, this pissed off the Mormons. Not that they had anything substantial to say, just vile, personal attacks. So I switched off the comments too. There's no arguing with a Mormon. They are, without exception, fucking idiots when it comes to criticism of their goddamn little cult.

I also started an dutch language exmo forum. No registration necessary, if you think I'm full of shit, that's the place to say so. There's also an email-address on the site to contact me. If you want me, I'm here for you!

So, fast forward to yesterday. There was a TV show about a Mormon YSA who grew up an atheist. The announcement for the show said that in his late teens, he became depressed and then, lo and behold, he found Jesus Smith.

So I posted a comment on the TV station's site BEFORE the show aired, saying that the mormon church is a manipulative cult who often prey on people who are at transition points in their lives. "I'm curious to see if this is also the case here".

Sound science, if you ask me. There's plenty of literature on cult tactics, ranging from the more practical, popular counter-cult guys like Steven Hassan to serious scholars of religion like Stark & Bainbridge. So I stuck my neck out and formulated a hypothesis. The show was to be the test.

So in the show, the guy says he got tired of only living for himself, was looking for the meaning of life became depressed, lonely, and lost all his friends but two, who were Mormon. And whaddayaknow, when he hit rock bottom, those nice Mormon friends took him to church. Add a dream and a whole ward of instant friends and Bob's your uncle.

So after the show, I posted a comment: looks like I was right. If his last two friends had been Moonies, he'd now be a Unification Church member.

Enter the morgbots. I was hateful and mean (although the guy in the show said these things himself, I only repeated what he said and did not comment on him as a person at all) and it was about time somebody stop me and my anti-Mormon website. So they put my personal IRL info on the TV show's comment section. Name, profession and the town I live in.

Now, this was an unmoderated board. Note to self: don't post on unmoderated boards anymore. Of course, there is a policy to respect people's privacy so when I complained to the webmaster, the comment was removed right away.

But then, after hours, the Morgbots came in droves and pulled the same shit again. There was also a poster who said he wasn;t a Mormon but... - WHO THE FUCK DO THEY THINK THEY'RE KIDDING? They have less brains than my hamster and really think they are so clever.

Tomorrow, I'll have to call the webmaster again. I think I'm also going to make him remove my comments because these Mormons are such stupid, sheepish, mobbing idiots that they will just continue their harrasment. When the storm dies down, there will be a nice post on my forum, with screenshots and everthing.

Thanks for listening. Anyway, there's a silver lining too. My website is getting hit on more that a hooker on a streetcorner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2011 04:54PM by rt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 05:04PM

but not for anybody else!

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 05:49PM

Viese luls!

Just sayin'...

Ron

Date: June 09, 2011 11:25AM

No wonder you're an exmo if this is the vernacular you picked up on your mission :-)

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 09:14PM

Maybe it's not as bad as you think.

Mormons tend to "defend the faith" like, well, Mormons. That means they go overboard and do it in a stereotypical manner. Just look at all the Mogbot "defenders" on any Youtube page dealing with Mormonism.

Then ask yourself. How does all this "defense" look to a non-Mormon? Does it look like the critic being put in his place or does it look like a bunch of cult zombies going off on their cult zombie defense of a cult? I tell you the stuff Mormons say in DEFENSE of the cult is sometimes as bad as anything you can say against it.

Date: June 08, 2011 11:40PM

baura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mormons tend to "defend the faith" like, well,
> Mormons. (...)
>
> Then ask yourself. How does all this "defense"
> look to a non-Mormon? Does it look like the
> critic being put in his place or does it look like
> a bunch of cult zombies going off on their cult
> zombie defense of a cult?

You got that right. They are screaming (in caps) WE ARE NOT A CULT but their actions say otherwise. And other people see right through it. That never ceases to amaze me, how fast non-Mormons see through the ridiculousness of it all.

Right now, I'm more worried about stuff like: "[my first name + last name], does your customer X know that you are inciting hatred against a minority religion?"

I'm not ashamed anymore that I was a Mormon but I don't need that kind of shit from a bunch of mindless drones. Let them go play with their little factories. Oh well, in a few hours the site admin will have deleted all their stupid, spiteful, petty mobbing.

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 01:06AM

But you deserve kudos for sticking your neck out in plain sight and calling out the stupid cult. Bravo for your courage. The cult will always run from the truth or confirm it by their hysteria.

When thousands of Exmos start doing the same thing then we will know that mormonism is on its last breath.

Come on Dutch Exmos! Log on and help out a brother!

Posted by: WickedTwin ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 01:20AM

I know it's illegal to post it here. Are you in the official list of exmo blogs?

I like factual information with references. Is an lmgtfy link cheating? :D

Date: June 09, 2011 08:36AM

The web editors of the TV station removed all of my IRL info (along with the Mormon hate speech) and put moderation on the comment section. This way, my stuff gets to stay on the site and theirs doesn't. Eat that, stupid cultists!

My site is not on the exmo blog list. Don't know why, I've requested it several times. Maybe because it's not in English and the mods here can't determine if it's legit. Doesn't matter, though; I post the link here from time to time and it has never been removed. I guess I'm tolerated :-) My site is at mormonisme.nl and the Dutch exmo forum at postmormonisme.nl/p/forum.

Posted by: Jeannie ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 10:20AM

Well... I have to say, some of the comments that are left on the board you're talking about speak volumes about the intellectual (non) level of the mormon posters :-)

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 10:43AM

something we could google for? I can read Dutch (very difficult) since I speak German and several dialects thereof, but I couldn't put a sentence together to save my life <grin>

Heidigwotr@hotmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2011 10:43AM by Heidi GWOTR.

Date: June 09, 2011 11:21AM

Sent you a mail with the links in my best German (actually, my wife is German so I am fluent...).

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 11:30AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.