Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lindax ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 05:55PM

What do you say to someone who goes on and on about how wonderful a missionary is going to be and then he comes home after a short time on a Medical Release and you want to call bullshit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 07:01PM

If they are taught that drivel about "how wonderful your mission will be!" from toddlerhood on, they can't possibly make an informed decision about it.

How many stories have we read here about people who crashed and burned, one way or another, on their missions? In the "old days," missions were like a prison sentence. There was NO getting out early. If you did, you would be under a cloud of disgrace for the rest of your life, or until you resigned. (Mileage may vary.)

We are hearing stories now about kids who bail from the MTC, and that's great! If the "Medical Release" thing is the only way out, hey - take it and run.

Stop by Chez Catnip on the way home, and we will take you out for dinner!!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 02:28AM

I had medical problems on my mission. Never got released. They did transfer me to a new mission. I got a second mission call signed by the prophet. I was having respiratory problems.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 07:01PM

If that person owes you money, collect it before you call bullshit!

Your opinion about the 'truth' of a situation is hardly ever welcomed, but usually is fun to give, assuming you are knowledgeable about the fall-out and can handle it.

Blowing up bridges as a normal course of action is not recommended, but most of us have pushed the plunger a time or two...

Now give us more of the juicy facts!!!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 07:31AM

Well, maybe the missionary was "wonderful" for however many months that he served as a volunteer. Only the Mormon church feels that it is owed a full two years.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 09:12AM

"I'm available to talk about it if you need me."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.