Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 12:26AM

Or was it only for the youth!??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topped ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 02:16AM

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 03:05PM

It was probably a healthy thing to do. I went camping a couple of weeks ago and deplugged from the news, Limbaugh-Hannity-Glen Beck radio, tv, cell phones, fake book, toilets, showers.

It was great! All the fake news about climate change, Me too movement, boarder walls, was completely out of my mind.

Posted by: VindicatedSLC ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 03:09PM

Don’t understand all of the whining about the wall. They broke the law, kick them out. We don’t need anymore welfare moochers.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 03:56PM

You're absolutely right. You don't understand. Understanding would take time, effort, and well....some understanding.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 07:11PM

What makes you assume that immigrants (legal or not) are "welfare moochers"? For the immigrant kids that I teach, their moms and dads are all employed at useful jobs. The kids are respectful, hard-working, and quite often smart. They are exactly the kind of people that we *want* as Americans.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 10:37PM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What makes you assume that immigrants (legal or
> not) are "welfare moochers"? For the immigrant
> kids that I teach, their moms and dads are all
> employed at useful jobs. The kids are respectful,
> hard-working, and quite often smart. They are
> exactly the kind of people that we *want* as
> Americans.

Summer, I had the same experience teaching immigrants. They were great students because they appreciate the opportunity to gain skills to contribute to society and to better themselves. Some of them were in my honors classes. They got so upset if they got a B and not an A. I knew all the parents and they were ALL employed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2018 10:40PM by Aquarius123.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 10:51PM

Me too. I some of the schools where I teach there are lots of immigrants and minorities and they are great.

Posted by: losingmyreligion ( )
Date: June 25, 2018 03:28PM

Don't you think that the millions of kids whose families are following the law to enter the United States would be great assets to the US? Why should these people be moved to the front of the line just because they crossed the border illegally?

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 10:47PM

VindicatedSLC Wrote:
> Don’t understand all of the whining about the
> wall. They broke the law, kick them out. We
> don’t need anymore welfare moochers.

This country has laws? No one told me we enforced those here any more.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 25, 2018 02:10PM

VindicatedSLC showed up just when our racist troll, in his latest incarnation, disappeared.

Pending the establishment of a record to the contrary, I don't think this poster deserves a much attention.

Date: June 24, 2018 10:49PM

anono this week Wrote:
> It was probably a healthy thing to do. I went
> camping a couple of weeks ago and deplugged from
> the news, Limbaugh-Hannity-Glen Beck radio, tv,
> cell phones, fake book, toilets, showers.
>
> It was great! All the fake news about climate
> change, Me too movement, boarder walls, was
> completely out of my mind.

Are hannity and beck still alive? Well i'll be d@mned.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 25, 2018 02:26PM

I did the exact same thing a couple weeks ago. Took 5 days and went to the beach with a friend who has zero interest in social media and I decided to fast from it too. I didn't even take my phone when we'd go out of the condo because if anyone called they could leave a message.

We listened to great music, listened to an audible book, had stimulating conversations, did a lot of walking, relaxed, enjoyed a little sun--mostly enjoyed looking at the ocean from the balcony (it's the gulf, there was no surf), made a production out of meals, and yes, I felt much more connected to the source of all.

Good thing the Momo's have a prophet-o-god to tell them to do that and how beneficial it is. The rest of us have books, articles, therapists, friends, and our own brains to tell us the same thing.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 03:10PM

But you missed all the revelations on fake news about fake news being fake!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 03:16PM

You might be whining about the wall when there is no one to pick the crops that you stuff in your obnoxious pie hole.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 10:23PM

There actually are people to pick the crops - they are called teenagers. I did it years ago, but apparently not an option now.

Can't pick fruit while texting.

Meanwhile we have an obesity epidemic while kids sit around doing nothing.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 10:25PM

Let me add that the fast on social media won't work, because the kids don't have anything else meaningful to do.

The goal of technology and our society is to eliminate meaningful work and purpose so we can stare at screens all day.

I have to go weed and water the garden.....

Date: June 24, 2018 10:50PM

Yep they got everyone staring at screens exactly as planned. This is no mistake.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 25, 2018 09:44AM

Yeah, and the pre-teens can take those factory jobs, too. Let's go back to 1910, when men were men, women stayed at home barefoot in the kitchen, and kids were had to provide income to the family so the patriarch (dad) didn't have to work so hard!

Or not...

(FYI, 32% of teens already have summer jobs, another 24% take summer classes, about 12% do summer service/charity "jobs" [for no pay], and about 8% do non-paid internships. The remaining 24% of teens would make up about 1% of the labor required to pick the food for your piehole, and they could only work the summer)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 25, 2018 02:04PM

You use statistics as if they are based on reality. How naive.

Wouldn't we all be better off if you had spent your youth picking fruit rather than wasting all that time learning mathematics?

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: June 25, 2018 11:43AM

“You might be whining about the wall when there is no one to pick the crops that you stuff in your obnoxious pie hole.”

HAHAHA!!! It’s funny because you think they can afford to eat pie....

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 05:51PM

A sign of the times -

The French are in the process of putting up a wall around the Eiffel Tower, to protect it from terrorists.

The project is expected to be completed by Bastille Day, July 17

Date: June 24, 2018 10:44PM

Elyse Wrote:
> A sign of the times -
>
> The French are in the process of putting up a wall
> around the Eiffel Tower, to protect it from
> terrorists.
>
> The project is expected to be completed by
> Bastille Day, July 17

My birthday. Son of a B.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 10:23PM

The "Bush" border wall didn't work out. It impedes animal migrations more than it stops immigrants.

Date: June 24, 2018 10:43PM

Went well, more people felt guilty and paid more tithing i heard.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 25, 2018 02:00PM

Well if you think Latino immigrants are all drug dealers and rapists but you also fear they are here to take your job I gotta wonder what the hell do you do for a living.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 25, 2018 02:06PM

hoe beets for my dad. That was a long time ago, but until my dad died, some of my nephews helped him farm.

My TBM daughter has been posting A LOT less. She has stated how much it has helped her to focus on other things and, believe me, she is 'addicted' to social media, as is her father. My son and I don't even carry a phone with us. When I spend time with my boyfriend, he is on his phone and I stare at the ceiling or get up and do something like clean or work (my job).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.