Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 26, 2018 06:17AM

But I couldn’t do it and still treat myself like I’m not crazy. Mormonism is a dumb, crappy cult. Do whatever you can to stay away, for your own sanity.

I stick by my Charlton Heston: Damn the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Damn them to hell.

No seriously, burn motherf—-kers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 26, 2018 06:39AM

Maybe a little harsh. If vomit is good enough for dogs then it’s a matter of personal taste.

Posted by: jett ( )
Date: June 26, 2018 07:02AM

Not harsh. They deserve to be torn down verbally and physically.

Date: June 26, 2018 07:57AM

I can see that Mormonism produces a lot of Atheists. It’s the norm. That tells me most Mormons are closet Atheists. They don’t really believe. They don’t really love Christ. They’re only after what’s “theirs”. The good life. Running the treadmill like good little sheep so it’s easier to fleece them.

It could be so much better. It doesn’t have to produce awful people. But there’s no fixing it.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 26, 2018 09:21PM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can see that Mormonism produces a lot of
> Atheists. It’s the norm. That tells me most
> Mormons are closet Atheists. They don’t really
> believe. They don’t really love Christ.
> They’re only after what’s “theirs”. The
> good life. Running the treadmill like good little
> sheep so it’s easier to fleece them.
>
> It could be so much better. It doesn’t have to
> produce awful people. But there’s no fixing it.

I know you believe in a god still Babylon. Has that helped you in recovery? I am going to see a Christian counselor tomorrow for the first time and am curious if a different approach will help me.

Posted by: QuestionsofFaith ( )
Date: June 26, 2018 08:34PM

Physically?

You really mean to suggest physical violence? I hope not.

Posted by: jett ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 07:37AM

QuestionsofFaith Wrote:
> Physically?
>
> You really mean to suggest physical violence? I
> hope not.

I mean dismantle all the temples and ward houses. Maybe even Temple Square too. Mormons terrorize people and ruin lives.

Date: June 26, 2018 09:08PM

jett Wrote:
> Not harsh. They deserve to be torn down verbally
> and physically.

Taring them down physically may not be the best idea although even I have struggled with that. I would love to be a part of a demolition crew taking down temples legally and I admit it. There is a way to win without lifting a finger though. Deprogramming the mind is winning the mental programming they put in you. It is mental warfare to deprogram and normalize your brain. They messed us up pretty bad and got away with it and that hurts. Don't let them gain an advantage by you making a physical move against them. Don't let them ruin your life twice.

Posted by: The Riddler ( )
Date: June 26, 2018 10:15PM

Taring means to tar someone like in tar and feather Joseph Smith (which did happened which in turn caused the death of a son of his).

I think you mean: Tearing down.

Date: June 26, 2018 10:21PM

The Riddler Wrote:
> Taring means to tar someone like in tar and
> feather Joseph Smith (which did happened which in
> turn caused the death of a son of his).
>
> I think you mean: Tearing down.

I thought that was how it was spelled but wasn't sure. Thought it would sound like a tear from the eye.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 26, 2018 09:40AM

Mormonism doesn't produce any atheists.

Thinking your way OUT of mormonism does, though.

And your assertion is false, at least in my case -- I DID "really believe." Recognition that what I really believed was demonstrably false was a "revelation" -- which led me to think critically about everybody's claims, not just mormon ones. And to realize the irrationality of "really believing."

Date: June 26, 2018 08:50PM

Then there’s the possibility that I really am crazy.

Date: June 26, 2018 09:01PM

I may be too. My progress since leaving says something though. My counselor said straight up to my face that I am without a doubt improving. It did not look like she was lying.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 26, 2018 09:06PM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
> Then there’s the possibility that I really am
> crazy.

Always a possibility!

But in your case, I'd say the evidence is very much against it...:)

Date: June 26, 2018 09:09PM

Babylon is pretty d@mn smart and funny as hell I might add.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 26, 2018 10:28AM

Famous last words ... " I'm going to give cancer the benefit of the doubt."

Posted by: sonofthelefthand ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 07:57AM

+100

Date: June 26, 2018 08:53PM

I gave them way too much leeway and way too many chances. I really was convinced that their god was going to heal me or help me. Maybe he allowed bad things to happen to me over and over to get it into my thick skull to get the f#ck out of there. Just thought my family knew god better than I did or knew something about the religion that I was missing.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 26, 2018 08:56PM

I cringe to write this—I became so enraptured by the Mormon cult that I told the stake mission president that I was willing to die for the church. Chalk it up to a rotten sense of self-worth, cult endoctrination, and being a young man.

In a sense, I did die for the church. I buried my real self, broke off contact with unworthy friends, and became a judgmental prick. Mostly, the Morg gave me purpose to despise my true self.

After my shelf broke, I began to discover my true worth and uniqueness. You folks know these things about me—I’m earthy, I like to cuss, I enjoy a nice craft beer, and I really care about people. All of these things would have been despicable to my Mormon self.

What you may not know, or have figured out, is that I used to be scared shitless of people; I was a real loner. I lived alone for many years, worked, came home, and watched TV all the while thinking what a horrible man I was.

Although it was painful, I learned valuable lessons from my time in the Morg—I was scared of people because I judged them harshly, and I assumed they judged me harshly as well. People the Mormon me would have avoided are now some of my closest friend. Why, because they’re genuine and aren’t playing a role of a pious saint. And, it’s SO easy to be nice to people...when you see your own wonderful goofiness as signs of being truly human and alive.

BabS, I’ve always enjoyed the snarkiness of your posts. Lately, they’ve revealed pain underneath. I hope all is well for you. Here’s a big fuck the Morg for you. I hope you keep posting your musings. The no-longer-phony-Boner

Date: June 26, 2018 09:18PM

You are right about one thing boner, we are similar. I am still afraid of people though.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 26, 2018 09:24PM

Hopefully, you’re not afraid of me. I can be a real dick :)

Date: June 26, 2018 10:14PM

BYU Boner Wrote:
> Hopefully, you’re not afraid of me. I can be a
> real dick :)

Haha don't think I would be afraid of you or the bard. You guys seem like cool down to earth guys that would not hurt anybody. The bard is a little crazy but I like that about him. As long as you don't resemble the behaviors of church leaders I think I'll be alright. I'm still a little mindf#cked when it comes to religious leaders acting like God's servants.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.