Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: June 28, 2018 08:45PM

Ugh...

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/local/2018/06/28/father-molested-his/

>>A woman is suing her father, saying he molested her and her siblings for years and clergy from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints counseled the man, who was a church employee, but never informed police.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: June 28, 2018 10:43PM

Someone I know was accused by one of her daughters of molesting her daughter's baby. No one knew at the time that there just happened to be a surveillance camera on this woman and the baby the whole time she was alone with the baby. After the police found and watched the video, they refused to act on the claim any further. It was in a public place and the video cleared her. The adult daughter hated her mother and wanted to hurt her by this claim that can put a person in prison. None of the kids in this woman's family ever made such a claim like this while they were growing up, or as adults about their childhood. But this woman had left the church and their father for another woman. Her ex and the rest of his extended mormon family and her adult kids are very much in to the church still. She is treated like a child molester now by her ex's family and her own kids because some of them say she is a child molestor.

Mean while, a very prominent member of her ex's extended family was actually convicted of molesting one of his own daughters. He spent several years in prison for it. Everyone in that family claims now that he has repented and they don't blame him for anything. But this woman is still treated badly and is still accused. This woman has one son who went against the rest of his family and invited his mother to his wedding reception. While at the reception, the guy who had molested one of his own daughters made a point to tell her that he had babysat the kids the previous evening. Never trust anyone who is totally in to the church.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 06:58AM

Too bad there isn't time for this man to serve a lot of time in prison. Shouldn't he be?

I grew up near a family where there was rampant sexual abuse. I rode in a carpool to high school with 2 of the children.

My very good friend (who died a year ago) was my camp leader, and I would go visit her a lot. Her DIL was one of the daughters and her granddaughter was also sexually abused. One of the daughters told the bishop about the abuse when she was a teenager and the bishop told her that her father would never do that. So the abuse went on and involved the granddaughters. He and his wife were called on a mission and one of the granddaughters told her bishop what was going on and that is when someone FINALLY did something. He went to prison for over 10 years. He is not allowed in Brigham City.

One of his daughters married one of his cell mates. One of his daughters had his child. The mother was involved, too. She was excommunicated and my friend lived in the same ward. She'd go to church and everyone bent over backwards to make the ex'd woman feel welcome.

I was friends with one of the duaghters, worked with her in young women's RS. When she was dating the guy she married, she'd tell me odd things that her boyfriend would tell her about getting her away from her family and I had no clue. Her children were never abused because her husband wouldn't allow them around her father.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 01:26PM

In the related (in the story) legal action...

"Denson case, the LDS Church is being sued instead under a fraud theory."

It made me wonder how much fraud LDS Corp has perpetrated on the world?

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 09:53PM

The church is in the fraud business. So my guess is a lot of fraud.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 10:15PM

Mormon men will choose money over morals any day.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.