Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 28, 2018 10:16PM

All my cards are maxed out and I am about to be overdrawn the first time in 14 years. It was bound to happen eventually. I'm happier and healthier than I was with money though. When Mormons, especially family know you have money, it's hell. I just can't leave the house for a while I guess.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jett ( )
Date: June 28, 2018 10:53PM

Can you get a side job to pay off some bills?

Date: June 28, 2018 10:58PM

Well I just got off the phone with someone that may know of a driving job. I applied at papa johns but they did not call me back.

Posted by: jett ( )
Date: June 28, 2018 11:00PM

Call them back.

Date: June 28, 2018 11:35PM

Well it might be better to go there I think I have the gas.

Date: June 29, 2018 03:15PM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well it might be better to go there I think I have
> the gas.

Well papa John's was trying to get a hold of me for a week but I guess I put the wrong phone number on the application. Still looks like they want to hire me so I am going to get my driving record right now.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 30, 2018 01:27AM

and be very careful not to go over the limits. That is a HUGE red flag to Social Security. There are pamphlets in the offices, and I think there is a list on SSA's website that can help you to obtain various publications. Catchy little titles like "Working while disabled."

There are lots of caveats assorted with this, so arm yourself ahead of time. If a person spends a few days a week teaching senior residents at a "home" to paint, and receives a minimal stipend for that, it isn't likely to be a problem.

BUT BE SURE TO REPORT IT! If they find out later through another source (and they will) you can be nailed for fraud. I had the tremendous satisfaction of helping to put a lying, deceitful cheat into the Oklahoma Federal Pen for fraud on a fairly extensive rap sheet. Couldn't have happened to a snarkier guy.

Date: June 30, 2018 02:44AM

I am allowed to make 1180.00 dollars a month gross income on disability I double checked yesterday.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 30, 2018 09:54AM

That's a pretty good amount. Have at it!

Date: June 30, 2018 03:57PM

I figure I can deliver pizzas. If I can't deliver pizzas then there really is no hope for the badass haha.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: June 28, 2018 11:40PM

There is one good thing about hitting the bottom financially. Suddenly you realize that it can't get much worse and that you're still not dead or likely to die for financial reasons. Nobody can steal much from you because you have nothing anyone would want to take from you. Anyone who wants to be your friend probably really wants to be your friend because there is nothing else they would want from you. I've been there after losing everything I had previously because of friends who were not really friends, and women who only liked me because I had money. At one point after losing everything, all I wanted was a clean place to sleep, a daily shower, enough prozac, and enough food to not starve. After that, anything more is just a plus. Eventually, that leaves a whole lot of room for ambition if or when it comes back, and it does come back.... eventually.

Date: June 29, 2018 01:02AM

Yep, it is a unique position to look at your bank account and realize you are going to be overdrawn finally and have no credit cards to use anymore either. My only friend still is my roommate it looks like. As long as I can cover the basics next month I think I will be alright. I put a lot of money into my health the last few years and it was a very smart decision although I still need to get better. If I get totally healthy I can last in the workforce without much effort and I don't have religion bs hanging over my head 24/7 either. My anxiety around older men has gotten better so I can do alright with a male employer maybe which I do worry about. I was an independent contractor for a while and wasn't used to having a boss over me. I just need to get smarter with budgeting with what I have.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 12:19AM

It will do you good to put down your phone and get to work.

Date: June 29, 2018 12:24AM

siobhan Wrote:
> It will do you good to put down your phone and get
> to work.

They have to hire me, have no control over that. Been applying to different places on my phone. You have to apply online mostly these days. Can't force people to hire me, it is a free country for employers.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 12:28AM

Once you get in the groove just be prepared to change jobs several times. No job is your friend these days and I've learned the hard way that if a job tanks don't stick around hoping things will improve. In fact don't be a fool like me. As soon as you find your 1st crappy job immediately start looking around for your next one.

Date: June 29, 2018 12:34AM

siobhan Wrote:
> Once you get in the groove just be prepared to
> change jobs several times. No job is your friend
> these days and I've learned the hard way that if a
> job tanks don't stick around hoping things will
> improve. In fact don't be a fool like me. As soon
> as you find your 1st crappy job immediately start
> looking around for your next one.

Yea I haven't been able to last at full time jobs in the last five years. I did try though, I was just too messed up to last I needed to get my health back on track. I think I could do light work right now pretty easily part time and that is all I need. I am really good worker though, I have done many things in life. Once I just get my foot back in the door for a part time job I think I will get my groove back pretty easily.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 01:24AM

Will you be able to cover your basic expenses (rent, electricity, etc.) with your disability check? You might want to look into your local food banks if you have not already done so.

Date: June 29, 2018 02:12AM

summer Wrote:
> Will you be able to cover your basic expenses
> (rent, electricity, etc.) with your disability
> check? You might want to look into your local food
> banks if you have not already done so.

Yea I can cover the basics but I just got a little too overconfident in what I had in my checking account. My landlord waited like 28 days to cash my rent check so it threw me off.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 02:16AM

It's really good that you're aware that "rock bottom financially" and "rock bottom" are two very different things.

Date: June 29, 2018 02:20AM

scmd1 Wrote:
> It's really good that you're aware that "rock
> bottom financially" and "rock bottom" are two very
> different things.

They are different for sure. I was rock bottom with 89,000 dollars in the bank.

Posted by: Male member ( )
Date: June 30, 2018 12:41PM

Damn Adam 89k in the bank? Not too shabby.

Date: June 30, 2018 03:51PM

Male member Wrote:
> Damn Adam 89k in the bank? Not too shabby.

I told people I was a hard worker for a reason and I bought and sold a property for 30,000 dollars profit. I actually had more than a 100,000 in the bank at one time but I was not at rock bottom at that time. I was a Badass worker in my twenties and just kept saving and saving but I ignored my health totally which was the mistake. I am ready to work again I think and I am going to start slow this time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.