Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: July 03, 2018 05:50PM

ok all my mom's family are in the church of christ cult and i am getting so tired of them! my cousin always says where did you find this? jurrasic park is all about evolution! but everyday she does the same thing! i am sick of it! it is hard to leave a cult and always feeling guilty by cult family members!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: July 03, 2018 05:59PM

Yes.

Posted by: lachesis ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 07:36AM

An enjoyable little look at cult family:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U4Cq-dgNnw

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 03, 2018 05:59PM

Yes, and BTW, C of C members told me I was going to hell. See you there, wankers! Alexander Campbell’s Boner.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 01:30AM

A member of the Vineyard Group informed me that I'm likely headed for Stan's place down below. So kind of her to give me a heads up.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 01:31AM

BYU Boner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, and BTW, C of C members told me I was going
> to hell. See you there, wankers! Alexander
> Campbell’s Boner.

I'm going to try and save my soul boner.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 01:05AM

It just proves how much God loves you. There are no C of C members there.

Posted by: readwrite-NLI ( )
Date: July 03, 2018 06:24PM

CultSuck

Date: July 03, 2018 06:27PM

I got the same and they don't care how hurtful they are!

Posted by: helenm ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 05:15AM

Realize they have been misled b/c it's a cult in the 1st place. Brush it off b/c your family has been brainwashed. Don't spend too much time being sad over it. Have u considered speaking with a therapist?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 03, 2018 06:33PM

Yes! Yes! and one more Yes!

I believe, due to their indoctrination and lack of knowing (or wanting to know) how real people live in this world, they are not even aware of half what they do to make us get sick and tired of them.

To find anything in common with them is mostly IMPOSSIBLE because no matter what subject I bring up has the overtones of "mormon censorship".

When I turn up in my sleeveless top or dress, watching their facial censorship is outright funny, and, then
OMG, if I should let out a swear word, the topic could turn on a dime as to when the end of the world comes and I will surely be in hell, without their company of course, and praise the lard and halleluyah!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 03, 2018 06:37PM

Done with all of them.

Date: July 03, 2018 10:29PM

And they are so quick to judge you or try pulling you back! I am so glad I left but have to deal with cult family members! ! They are like vultures!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 03, 2018 10:34PM

I have almost nothing to do with my Mormon family and that's just fine.

Date: July 03, 2018 10:37PM

Yep and they won't care! You are always wrong but they aren't! But we are not brainwashed anymore haha

Posted by: jett ( )
Date: July 03, 2018 11:16PM

My family does not know they are in a cult. They are in denial.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 12:23AM

With my Mormon family it's not "Hell", but "outer darkness."

If you look through their facade, if you look behind those blank eyes, you know how they feel about apostates: If God hasn't cast us into outer darkness already, the Mormons would gladly put us there!

People who wish bad things for us are not our friends.

Now that I'm out of Mormonism, blood means nothing.

Posted by: Unindoctrinated ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 12:32AM

The frustration I have is that I can't have anything resembling a real relationship with them. They may as well have brought a script to every conversation, they're so predictable. It's like being stuck in a dialogue loop where every subject morphs into church talk. They can't seem to talk about anything, and I mean anything, else but TSCC.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 01:26AM

Strange that one of Christ's top two teachings is that of forgiveness. Try being forgiven for apostasy! Not going to happen in any of God's TRUE churches.

Posted by: PDX ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 01:58AM

When they come over to deliver our letter from the "court of love" (I'm not sure it was called that at that time), they made sure to tell me that I would be cast into outer darkness as I was one who had known the truth and later denied it. They pretty much ignored my wife who was also excommunicated at the same time, and I don't remember the subject of "forgiveness" ever coming up.

Date: July 04, 2018 11:25AM

And they say well we are in the church of Christ! And we are going to heaven and everyone is going to hell! Yeah I don't care! I am out

Date: July 04, 2018 11:26AM

They are like robots and say the same thing over and over

Posted by: lazylizard ( )
Date: July 05, 2018 06:02PM

I may be going to hell for being gay but my soon-to-be wife will be with me. I said I was going to hell and she replied with "take me with you!"
So yeah, it's a pain in the ass when TCC family members remind you how evil you are being.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: July 05, 2018 09:09PM

I just limit my interaction. It's their decision to be in the church.

Date: July 05, 2018 09:17PM

Yep and we aren't brainwashed anymore

Posted by: Not a friend of Bill ( )
Date: July 05, 2018 11:51PM

I agree. I have an uncle in the A.A. cult and he never shuts up about it. According to him, everyone in the family is an alcoholic but we just don’t know it yet. He carries on all the time about how A.A. “saved his life.”

I wish the hell he would just shut and have a drink and leave the rest of us alone.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 02:47PM

Everything looks like an addiction.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 11:57PM

I get tired of the uninteresting ones. There are only a handful who are unbearable only because they're TBM. The other believers are just nice people. Some of them are bland, but nice. The more interesting family members tend to be exmos.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 01:36AM

Not tired of them.

They just don't understand that my gullibility gene was ripped out long ago--surgically--no anesthesia--bad scar.

Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 03:00AM

Everyone rides on their own carousel

My mormon relatives swing in circles around doctrine like wooden horses spun ride round carousel rides endless circles. I am not on that carousel ride they have to squint reflect upon something nearby their mormon doctrine diced lds cookbook recipe chapters life and look at the air past their carousel as it spins in the trees to even figure out something to say to me.

I wish there were more amazing cognates to celebrate my family on the mormon carousel and I shared

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 03:13AM

—haunting and very accurate analogy, Painting.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.