Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: July 17, 2018 10:39PM

https://www.facebook.com/100011360026117/videos/799045740484086/

Apparently you're taking Nephi out of context if you think he says God cursed an entire race of people with black skin.

Racist MORmON says, "I don't have a racist bone in my body" but here's a book that teaches you about our racist God, who curses people with black skin for the sins of their fathers."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 07:19AM

Yes mormons are racist, they have a book that gives an explanation for why there are differences in different kinds of people. But currently it's taboo to talk about any of that.

As progressives now say-- there is no difference in people, and it's all make believe and racist to notice anything. And anyone who says anything is really bad. So who knows, we can't say...

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 09:11AM

anono this week Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As progressives now say-- there is no difference
> in people, and it's all make believe and racist to
> notice anything.

That's *not* what "progressives" say.

You should actually meet and talk to some "progressives." Instead of just repeating what Faux news tells you to hate about them. You might actually like some of them.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 10:25AM

What is a "progressive" ?

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 11:49AM

Opposite of a "regressive". You're welcome.

Posted by: Sillyrabbit ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 08:18AM

You're not automatically racist for being mormon any more than you're automatically racist for being american.

Date: July 18, 2018 08:59AM

Sillyrabbit Wrote:
> You're not automatically racist for being mormon
> any more than you're automatically racist for
> being american.

If you are not a racist, why identify yourself with a racist institution?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 10:14AM

Exactly. Where is the integrity? You sustain your prophet, you are sustaining his agenda. You can't have it both ways.

Date: July 18, 2018 12:00PM

There's no question that the mormon church has a racist history. I'm unclear how the current policies of the church are inherently racist.

What specific blessings / benefits are not extended to church members today based solely on race?

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 12:55PM

The Book of Mormon is dripping with ugly racism. I'm pretty sure that book is currently recognized as "most correct" by today's Mormons.

Date: July 18, 2018 01:40PM

Yeah, no doubt, just like most other holy books.

My question was: What specific blessings / benefits are not extended to church members today based solely on race?

Date: July 18, 2018 01:43PM

None. So they're all good now--to you?

Date: July 18, 2018 01:46PM

Just making the point that being mormon doesn't necessarily make you a racist. I was not racist when I was mormon, still not racist after leaving.

The standards being given on this thread vis a vis the book of mormon is full of racist stuff would require someone who is honest and logically consistent to conclude that anyone who believes in the bible must necessarily be racist as well.

Date: July 18, 2018 01:46PM

Their theology is racist. If you can't acknowledge that then you are a Mormon apologist and you don't belong here on rfm.

Date: July 18, 2018 01:50PM

If I don't agree with your interpretation I don't belong on RfM?

Why cut straight to the ad hominem when we could have a reasonable discussion on the subject?

Mormon theology is dumb, for sure, but racist?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 07:40PM

I agree with SillyRabbit. Being a Mormon didn't make me a racist. I don't believe saying that makes someone an apologist for TSCC either. It is what it is.

If we can't be honest here, what's RfM for? It isn't making excuses for bigots by acknowledging exceptions.

Note also aren't we bigots if we categorize ALL Mormons as racist?

The church was historically racist. Even TSCC has detached itself from its hateful racist bigotry. Now if it would do the same for its homophobia ... it would make a heckuva lot more sense.

Date: July 18, 2018 01:55PM

I didn't consider myself a racist when I was Mormon, but wasn't I?

I'd read the Book of Mormon. I knew that God was supposedly moving skin color around to suit his whims.

I justified the Bible by believing most of it wasn't translated correctly, but how was it okay to not condemn the whole book as morally abhorrent?

I think we all have an inner racist and being honest and logically consistent is the best way to strive to be truly loving and kind to all people.

Date: July 18, 2018 02:02PM

I think it's silly to say we ALL have anything. You haven't met everyone.

Posted by: jdoubledub ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 02:08PM

Dorothy,

I have to say what sillyrabbit is trying not to say be being nice. I think you're full of it and need to get off your high horse. A lot of people here have strong emotions about the church, true, but you can't put everybody into your little box of labels and defend your very skewed opinion as truth/fact.

"we all have an inner racist." WTF? You might. I've never thought of myself that way. And it is possible to know that the church is racist and still not be racist.

Date: July 18, 2018 09:26PM

I can't? I did. If you think I'm way out of line, please report me.

The idea that at our core we each harbor some racism is not original to me.

We evolved in tribes. Our nature is us versus them.

I'm not talking about overt "I'm better./ They're inferior." I'm talking about subtle judgements and biases.

Date: July 18, 2018 01:39PM

Did you listen to the man in the video? The core of Mormonism is the Book of-- wait for it--- Mormon!---which is racist to the core. Finally allowing Black people into the temple and to have the priesthood does not negate the heart of Mormonism: Joseph Smith's racist book which is testified to constantly with moist eyes.

They KNOW the BoM is true which means everything in it is true. It takes more than correcting the most correct book from "white" to "pure." The book needs to be burned in order for Mormons to stop being racist.

Date: July 18, 2018 01:54PM

Done & Done Wrote:
> The
> book needs to be burned in order for Mormons to
> stop being racist.

Yeah, I'm pretty much with "sillyrabbit" on this one.

The book needs to be burned (figuratively, at least) for *Mormonism* to stop having a racist foundation.

But not for individual mormons to stop being racist.

Selectively "believing" parts of scripture, and ignoring/forgetting about the nasty bits, is part and parcel of religion. ALL religion. Other christians do it regularly with bible stuff. Jews do it with their own books. So do Muslims and Buddhists. That would make individual mormons who do it (by ignoring the racist stuff in the BoM and BoA, but still "believe" in the religion) just like everybody else.

Yes, I agree that pointing out that to believe in their religion, they have to either be racist OR they have to ignore the nasty bits is reasonable, and might get some people thinking. I have no problem with you doing just that.

It's the generalization that all mormons are racist that I take issue with. They're not. It's a demonstrable fact.

Date: July 18, 2018 02:00PM

Thanks, you said it much better than I could!

Date: July 19, 2018 01:44PM

If you have to ignore the teachings of the church, or twist their meanings in your head in order to make peace with yourself, the need to do that is an admission that in fact you do understand the real meaning and are just finding a way to justify aligning yourself with an entity at odds with your own integrity.

Claiming many Mormons are not racist at all is the worst generalization. Just because you twisted it all around in your head until you could squeeze it into your comfort zone does not mean you have not an ounce of racism in you.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 02:16PM

There are parts in the Book of Mormon where they talk about the curse of dark skin (because they sinned against God). That right there is racist. Before it was "corrected" in the early 1980's the "righteous" were considered "White and delightsome" but it was changed to "pure and deightsome."
I would also suggest you read 1 Nephi 13, and seriously analyze it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2018 03:34PM by severedpuppetstrings.

Date: July 18, 2018 04:29PM

Yes, there are awfully nasty, racists parts of the BoM.
The BoA is as bad, or worse, in many instances.

But to make the point...

Individual, non-racist mormons can (and probably do) take those parts and rationalize them to themselves, with ideas like, "Well, they sound bad, but I'm sure god didn't mean to be racist, so I'll find out exactly what they mean in the CK," or, "Well, those were written by imperfect men, who might have been racists, but that doesn't mean Elohim is or my church is!" Or some other such irrational justification.

Or they might not have ever read the BoM or the BoA (most mormons haven't), including those passages.

Or...hundreds of other possibilities.

Does that make such mormons ignorant, irrational, prone to cognitive dissonance, and maybe even dishonest when it comes to their scriptures and church history?

Yep. Absolutely.

Does that make them racists?

Nope.

I have TBM family members who most certainly ARE racists. I'm certain their racism came from/was reinforced by church teachings and culture. But I also have ones that aren't. In any way. They're pulling the rationalization stuff above, I'm sure, to remain believers and not be racists. But they're absolutely not racists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2018 04:43PM by ificouldhietokolob.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 08:24AM

koriwhore Wrote:
> https://www.facebook.com/100011360026117/videos/79
> 9045740484086/
>
> Apparently you're taking Nephi out of context if
> you think he says God cursed an entire race of
> people with black skin.
>
> Racist MORmON says, "I don't have a racist bone in
> my body" but here's a book that teaches you about
> our racist God, who curses people with black skin
> for the sins of their fathers."

I guess Alma took Nephi out of context too:

Alma 3:6-10-
6 And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.

7 And their brethren sought to destroy them, therefore they were cursed; and the Lord God set a mark upon them, yea, upon Laman and Lemuel, and also the sons of Ishmael, and Ishmaelitish women.

8 And this was done that their seed might be distinguished from the seed of their brethren, that thereby the Lord God might preserve his people, that they might not mix and believe in incorrect traditions which would prove their destruction.

9 And it came to pass that whosoever did mingle his seed with that of the Lamanites did bring the same curse upon his seed.

10 Therefore, whosoever suffered himself to be led away by the Lamanites was called under that head, and there was a mark set upon him.

Do we take Jacob out of context too?

Jacob 3:8:
 “O my brethren, I fear that unless ye shall repent of your sins that their skins will be whiter than yours, when ye shall be brought with them before the throne of God.”

How about 3 Nephi?

3 Nephi 2:15
“And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites”

I guess we should realize that we are taking all the racist statements by Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, John Taylor, David O'Mckay, and Jospeh Fielding Smith out of context as well. How about this, we all agree that everything said by church leaders is taken out of context and that the whole thing is just BS...

Date: July 18, 2018 10:10AM

The guy hands them their asses on a platter and all the one mish can say is that famous get-out-of-jail-free-card line Mormons cling to: "You're taking it out of context."

I hope those mish kids "heard" for the first time ever. I doubt it though. Body language said otherwise as I saw the event.

Mormons. Listen up. No one is twisting words but you.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 10:30AM

So now that I'm no longer a Mormon I'm no longer a racist?

I think that there is a rather undefined line that exists between racist or not. Supporting, sometimes by association, a racist cause or idea is one thing. Actually feeling prejudiced and antagonistic at those of another race is another.

Poor Mormons are in a bad place, they might not feel racist but they are forced to either defend racism or deny the foundation of their faith.

Date: July 18, 2018 11:00AM

jacob Wrote:
> So now that I'm no longer a Mormon I'm no longer a
> racist?

"Racist" is a word that gets thrown around a lot, to the point where it becomes almost useless. But when I use it, in this context, I mean "white supremacist"

The dictionary definition is: a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Nothing (besides Mein Kampf) is more white supremacist than these Mormon scriptures...

BOOK of MORMON

1 Nephi 11:13 “she was exceedingly fair and white.”

1 Nephi 12:23 ” became a dark, and loathsome, and a filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations.”

1 Nephi 13:15 “they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like unto my people [Nephites] before they were slain.”

2 Nephi 5:21 “a sore cursing . . . as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.”

2 Nephi 30:6 “scales of darkness shall begin to fall. . . . they shall be a white and delightsome people” (“white and delightsome” was changed to “pure and delightsome” in 1981).

Jacob 3:5 “whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins. . . .”

Jacob 3:8-9 “their skins will be whiter than yours… revile no more against them because of the darkness of their skins.”

Alma 3:6 “And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion.”

Alma 3:9 “whosoever did mingle his seed with that of the Lamanites did bring the same curse upon his seed.”

Alma 3:14 “set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed. . . .”

Alma 23:18 “[Lamanites] did open a correspondence with them [Nephites] and the curse of God did no more follow them.”

3 Nephi 2:14-16 “Lamanites who had united with the Nephites were numbered among the Nephites; And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites and . . . became exceedingly fair. . . . ”

3 Nephi 19:25, 30 “they were as white as the countenance and also the garments of Jesus; and behold the whiteness thereof did exceed all the whiteness. . . . nothing upon earth so white as the whiteness thereof… and behold they were white, even as Jesus.”

Mormon 5:15 “for this people shall be scattered, and shall become a dark, a filthy, and a loathsome people, beyond the description of that which ever hath been amongst us. . . .”

Pearl of Great Price

Moses 7:8 “a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan”

Moses 7:12 “Enoch continued to call upon all the people, save it were [i.e., except] the people of Canaan, to repent.”

Moses 7:22 “.for the seed of Cain were black and had not place among them.”

Abraham 1:21 ” king of Egypt [Pharaoh] was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites by birth.”

Abraham 1:27 “Pharaoh being of that lineage by which he could not have the right of Priesthood.”

> I think that there is a rather undefined line that
> exists between racist or not. Supporting,
> sometimes by association, a racist cause or idea
> is one thing. Actually feeling prejudiced and
> antagonistic at those of another race is another.

IMO, if you believe the Book of Mormon and PoGP are the "Word of God" you believe in a God who curses whole races of people with 'dark' or 'black' skin because of the sins of their fathers and removes that curse when they repent, then curses them again when they sin. If you believe in a God who curses people with black skin and blesses them with white skin, that's white supremacy, disguised as 'divine revelation'. Even though your racism is disguised as 'faith' it's still racism.

> Poor Mormons are in a bad place, they might not
> feel racist but they are forced to either defend
> racism or deny the foundation of their faith.

I don't feel sorry for Mormons, who voted for a White Supremacist more than any other demographic and still support him more than anybody else. They continue to associate with an institution of hate towards dark skinned people, gays and women.
Until Mormons can honestly answer the question, "Why did your church discriminate against black people for most of its history by excluding them from your temples, when you don't need the priesthood to enter a temple?" the 'racist' label applies to them.
Until Mormons redact major portions of their white supremacist scriptures they continue to print and distribute all over the world every day, the 'racist' label applies to them.

Until Mormons can honestly respond to articles like this in the NYT,

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/opinion/sunday/racism-and-the-mormon-church.html

the 'racist' label will still stick to them.

Date: July 18, 2018 11:35AM

"IMO, if you believe the Book of Mormon and PoGP are the "Word of God" you believe in a God who curses whole races of people with 'dark' or 'black' skin because of the sins of their fathers and removes that curse when they repent, then curses them again when they sin. If you believe in a God who curses people with black skin and blesses them with white skin, that's white supremacy, disguised as 'divine revelation'. Even though your racism is disguised as 'faith' it's still racism."

No need to convince me that Mormon scriptures are racist and that Mormon god is racist. But it might take some doing to convince me that all Mormons are racist. I just cannot take the leap, knowing who I was and how I felt as a Mormon. I kind of believed some super racist bullshit and that has been a real problem for me as I have grown and matured. But I can honestly say that I have never personally felt superior or antagonist to another race. I've felt plenty different and I have hated that part of me on and off for the last 40 years.

I know you know this but I really think that this kind of thing is where you lose perspective. It is my opinion that 99% of everything, maybe more, is nuanced. You act as if it is a mathematical equation. If you are Mormon than you are this. I just disagree with you on that assessment.

Date: July 18, 2018 01:02PM

I totally get what you are saying. I tucked the inherent racism of the church up on my shelf when I was a Mormon.

I once put some of the worst offending Book of Mormon scriptures on Facebook without commentary.

One of my TBM friends was offended that I would do this--even though I accused no one of anything.

She said she wasn't racist and the scriptures were meant symbolically.

I think most Mormons use some form of mental gymnastics and consider themselves NOT racist.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 01:19PM

I'm willing to cut most Mormons some slack on the racism issue. Based on the Mormons I know personally (a very small sample, admittedly), virtually none of them have given the BoM anything more than a superficial read. There's no reflection. There's no questioning. There's no application.

Most of my Mormon in-laws know nothing more than what they've read in Gospel Principles, or heard spoken from the pulpit or in lessons.

I used to be genuinely surprised by how much more I knew about what was in the BoM and PoGP, and Mormon history than they did; and I was the one who was never a member.

If unquestioning obedience and willful ignorance is racism, then I guess my in-laws are all racists. But I see no need to attribute racism to something that may actually be nothing more than laziness and a lack of intellectual curiosity.

That's damning enough in my mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2018 01:20PM by GregS.

Posted by: Bill ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 05:00PM

Uh Jason, if you "kind of believed some super racist bullshit" then were you kind of racist?

Date: July 18, 2018 05:01PM

I'm sorry I meant "Jacob"

Date: July 18, 2018 05:06PM

I don't disagree and that was the point of my post. It is hard to not be effected by racist doctrine and it has caused me some personal heartache. But as I reflect on how I have acted and felt it doesn't even come close to Koriwhore's stated definition of racism. "white supremacist"

My point is that to ignore the nuance is to be, somewhat, ignorant.

Date: July 18, 2018 05:15PM

I think what the OP is saying is that the racism involved in the BOM/POGP is of a nature that is white supremacy - not that all Mormons are hard core White Supremists. Adult Mormons who sustain their profit's, also sustain all of the tenets, doctrines, and policies associated with the BOM and POGP. By their sustaining, they fall somewhere along the racism spectrum. They know what is in those two "standard works" and they support it. Most Mormons are not hard core racists (white supremists), but they espouse racism by their sustaining vote, testimony, and actions.

Date: July 18, 2018 07:20PM

Bill Wrote:
> I think what the OP is saying is that the racism
> involved in the BOM/POGP is of a nature that is
> white supremacy - not that all Mormons are hard
> core White Supremists. Adult Mormons who sustain
> their profit's, also sustain all of the tenets,
> doctrines, and policies associated with the BOM
> and POGP. By their sustaining, they fall
> somewhere along the racism spectrum. They know
> what is in those two "standard works" and they
> support it. Most Mormons are not hard core racists
> (white supremists), but they espouse racism by
> their sustaining vote, testimony, and actions.
When I was TBM I had some inter racial couples move into my Ward. I was well aware of how racist Mormonism seemed to outsiders but I'd just put it on a shelf to deal with later. I never bought the whole "Curse of Cain' myth or the "Lamanites are really degenerate Jews" myth. But I used yo ask,"Man, how can black people be Mormons with how racist it is?"
Until I realized how racist that was to ask. The real question is, "How can anybody be Mormon with how racist it is?"
If you are not offended by blatant racism disguised as the word of God, you are probably racist.

Date: July 18, 2018 06:10PM

Well said. Racism has permeated everything for so long that people aren't even aware anymore of of all the subliminal racism that is still everywhere even as so many proudly proclaim not to have a racist bone in their bodies.

Racism is nuanced, not missing in action.

To claim to be free of racism and yet endorse a church which has at its center the "heavily nuanced with racism" BoM is just hard for me to swallow. If you have to ignore the teachings of the church, or twist their meanings in your head in order to make peace with yourself, the need to do that is an admission that in fact you do understand the real meaning and are just finding a way to justify aligning yourself with an entity at odds with your own integrity.

I just don't believe it is as black and white as some here would posit.

I used to love that show "Maude." Reminds me of this thread.

Date: July 18, 2018 09:22PM

jacob Wrote:
> "IMO, if you believe the Book of Mormon and PoGP
> are the "Word of God" you believe in a God who
> curses whole races of people with 'dark' or
> 'black' skin because of the sins of their fathers
> and removes that curse when they repent, then
> curses them again when they sin. If you believe in
> a God who curses people with black skin and
> blesses them with white skin, that's white
> supremacy, disguised as 'divine revelation'. Even
> though your racism is disguised as 'faith' it's
> still racism."
>
>
> No need to convince me that Mormon scriptures are
> racist and that Mormon god is racist. But it might
> take some doing to convince me that all Mormons
> are racist. I just cannot take the leap, knowing
> who I was and how I felt as a Mormon. I kind of
> believed some super racist bullshit and that has
> been a real problem for me as I have grown and
> matured. But I can honestly say that I have never
> personally felt superior or antagonist to another
> race. I've felt plenty different and I have hated
> that part of me on and off for the last 40 years.
>
> I know you know this but I really think that this
> kind of thing is where you lose perspective. It is
> my opinion that 99% of everything, maybe more, is
> nuanced. You act as if it is a mathematical
> equation. If you are Mormon than you are this. I
> just disagree with you on that assessment.
I know Mormons who I wouldn't consider racists, if they didnt choose to identify themselves with a racist institution. And lets face it, Mormonism has institutionalize racism by elevating 19th Century racist myths to the level of "The Word of God". Theres nothing more racist in all of scripture I have seen more white supremacist than Mormon scriptures.
Most Mormons I know are like me when I was TBM, not deliberately hateful towards minorities, just dismissive of racist accusations. But after really following the evidence to its logical conclusion there was no denying Mormon scriptures are racist AF. At that point I escaped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2018 10:47PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 02:02PM

Interestingly, no one ever wonders if the sore cursing of a skin of blackness that would not be enticing to the Nephites would *also* not be enticing to other Lamanites.

"Hey, Betty Sue, you were so fracking hot last night when you were and delightsome, but...but now that you showed your porn shoulders and were cursed with a skin of flint, I'm dropping you for your faithful TBM cousin Bobby Jean, because she's enticing to me."

"Ha, Billy Ray, jokes on you--you jerked off and now *you* have a skin of blackness, too, so the only chicks that are gonna dig you are chicks like me, so we're just gonna have to have lots of sorta asian-looking babies and live in a double-wide out in the woods, bein' all lazy & loathsome and stuff!"

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 02:14PM

I am sorely cursed with a skin of pinkness, particularly when I stand under a bare light bulb for too long...and I didn't do nuthin' to deserve it!

It's all due to the sins of my mom's Scottish heritage!

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: July 19, 2018 02:01PM

"I'm a TBM" - so I can get along with my TBM family & friends.

"I'm not a racist" - so I can get along with everyone else.

I'm the same person.

I'm lying to myself.

Date: July 19, 2018 03:16PM

PapaKen Wrote:
> "I'm a TBM" - so I can get along with my TBM
> family & friends.
>
> "I'm not a racist" - so I can get along with
> everyone else.
>
> I'm the same person.
>
> I'm lying to myself.

"I don't have a racist bone in my body!" and "I believe in the God of Mormonism described by Mormon scriptures, who cursed two entire races of humans with dark skin for the sins of their Father and turned them white again when they repent, and black again when they sinned."

Uh, that's racist AF!

Massive CogDis!!!

Mormons typical first instinct: Lie! "When Mormon scriptures talk about God cursing people with dark skin that's just a metaphor! What he really meant to say was that the curse was being separated from God's spirit."

Delusion: Maintaining erroneous beliefs despite superior evidence to the contrary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2018 03:16PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: July 20, 2018 12:57AM

To me, the racism industry, and the paranoia about racism, is a bigger problem than racism itself. And the racism industry promotes victimhood, which leads to less favorable views of certain races, which makes for more racism.

Seems most have it pretty good these days. Maybe we ought to just be quiet and move on. As Morgan Freeman said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cGfrExozQ

Date: July 20, 2018 09:23AM

Free Man Wrote:
> To me, the racism industry, and the paranoia about
> racism, is a bigger problem than racism itself.
> And the racism industry promotes victimhood,
> which leads to less favorable views of certain
> races, which makes for more racism.
>
> Seems most have it pretty good these days.
> Maybe we ought to just be quiet and move on. As
> Morgan Freeman said:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cGfrExozQ
Easy for a filthy rich and famous actor to say. Not so easy for most African Americans to say, when the War on Minorities (Disguised as a War on Drugs) has been waged for the past 47yrs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2018 03:40PM by koriwhore.

Date: July 20, 2018 11:59AM

If you want to get rid of a pesky problem--just deny it exists. Sounds like a church I've heard of.

I'm calling this out as racism.

Posted by: Try it ( )
Date: July 21, 2018 12:29PM

White Mormons who adopt other races, like babies from Africa, are horrified to discover racism in the church.

Their kids are harassed in school (in Sandy, Utah), killed by cops for holding a toy sword, (Utah county, near Provo), and the kid can’t get dates when he grows to dating age.

It would be funny, if it wasn’t so tragic, that these idiots believe the most racist organization short of skinheads turned on a dime and isn’t racist now!

1978, I was at McDonalds, dinner that night at Geppetto’s near the U. The “revelation” was all we talked about for weeks.

Not every racist who believed blackness was because of sin has had their funeral yet.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.