Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: June 10, 2011 04:10PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: June 10, 2011 04:15PM

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I also doubt it's gonna happen in my lifetime.

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: June 10, 2011 04:19PM

Yep and Ansar-al-Islam produced helpful memebers to the world.

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: June 10, 2011 09:32PM

I received a request to donate money via purchasing a T-shirt for a presidential candidate yesterday that went through the mission training center, also.

Not being able to read the small print under the name of the candidate I returned the email stating, "Could you please tell me what the small print reads under the candidate's name before I purchase a shirt. I would be concerned if the small print read, "I'm a Mormon, too!"

I haven't heard back yet. LOL! I have a feeling that I won't be receiving any further emails contacts from said candidate. :-)

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: June 10, 2011 10:07PM

"In fact, Mormons fall in the middle of the socioeconomic spectrum, their numbers perhaps skewed lower by recent converts who tend to be less educated and less wealthy, according to Furr and others. Even so, Latter-Day Saints are less likely than the general public to be in the lowest income bracket, according to the Pew Research Center."

Would that be before or after paying their 10% gross income, plus all of the supplemental requests, to the LDS Corp?

BTW, why is it that these articles never mention that LDS Inc. requests 10% of GROSS salary PLUS numerous supplemental assessments? And that they request that older, retired members give their money and sign their homes over to the Corp before they will be given a recommend (such as what was and is being done with my 94-year-old father)? And why don't they point out that this 10% payment is demanded before the members are allowed to paticipate in weddings, cleaning the temples, and working for the Corp., etc.?

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: June 10, 2011 10:09PM

I think the MTC has absolutely nothing to do with it. It would be more accurate to say something like: "Rich, politically connected daddies and trust funds prepare US Presidents of tomorrow."

Of course it still premature to even talk about those guys as actually being presidents.

Posted by: Shiner Bock ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 01:20AM

Since the men who run corporate America are natural crooks, it's good to have a place like the MTC where you learn to lie and bully the people below you.

Posted by: 2DTOP ( )
Date: June 13, 2011 08:08PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.